over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

neck training?

jt7

Registered
anyone here know of any exercises to do with the neck harness other than just sitting with the weight in front of you and just lifting your head up straight?

squatting and deadlifting consistently has helped me tremendously...or when performing shrugs holding at the top for 3 secs each rep

thanks, i bought the neck harness just wondering what else i could do with it other than just the one standard exercise

Neck bridges have worked great for me. Some people have trouble with them though so be careful.

anyone here know of any exercises to do with the neck harness other than just sitting with the weight in front of you and just lifting your head up straight?

i used to bring mine to the gym and your harness should have at least a couple rings, on the sides and back. you can attach a low cable to the back, lying down on your back on a free bench and pull your head up. it/s difficult since you're lying down you have no momentum. try hitting different angles on the cables. I used to take a 45 lb plate and put it on my forehead while lying on my back, same principle as the other one i described, except this one leaves a real nice red ring on your face lol.

Neck bridges have worked great for me. Some people have trouble with them though so be careful.

Absolutely.

If you're a boxer or a fighter of any type, working on your neck/trap strength has a big role in your overall conditioning.

lay down on a bench or something so that your head is off the bench, hold a 10lb plate on your forehead, let your head all the way back, and then bring it all the way up until your chin is on your chest.

but i dont think your gonna find anything that beats rack pulls for getting a bull neck.

thanks, i bought the neck harness just wondering what else i could do with it other than just the one standard exercise

what neck harness did you buy,all the ones I get dont hold up,the velcro usually gives out on them.Plus the max they hold is low

squat.

I use the harness in all four directions.

Weight in front seated.

Weight behind me, either holding onto a door frame or on an incline bench.

I also do the sides, standing put my should between the chains and use several dime so its not so awkward.

I train my neck with the neck harness once a week wit at least 50 reps and go no heavier then 25 plate, the reason why is i've tried heavier weight and less reps and pulled something in my neck. Needless to say it wasn't anything nice so 30-50 rep range along with deadlifts,squats, once a week you'll see some decent improvemnets..........

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear