over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need Advice on Anxiety Meds

I was talking to OTH about this before. I told my doctor that I was having anxiety at night and wasn't able to sleep after OTH helped me cut down drastically on the alcohol. The doc prescibed Lexapro. I never did take one and still have the whole bottle. I used my mind to overcome the anxiety in a different way. When I had anxiety, I stopped fighting it, got up and did something constructive. Now I have no problems again, and the drinking is still under control. I personally think sometimes people do not look at the mechanics of the problem at hand and rely on a quick fix like a med, as so many of us do with gear. When it comes to my mind however, I put it through the paces before I medicate it (outside of the past alcohol problem).

Very true.....most times people don't look into the issue deeper....Everybody is guilty of it and most times the issue is something that people don't want to deal with. I know that my ongoing battles with addiction and obbsessive cumpulsiveness have deep running roots, its when I get honeset and look deeper into the problem is when I can head problems off at the pass before they spiral out of control....being aware and being "in the moment" help keep me grounded and making good decisions....

But on the other hand there are many cases where people really are clinically depressed and meidication works wonders for them.

I ended up doing the same thing as Kaiser. It's a challenge for sure, but doable. And I'm guessing that with time & practice it will become second nature.
Anxiety, especially when at extreme levels, is an overwhelming feeling. I keep reminding myself that it's just energy and do my best to reinterpret my experience of it. It can be put to good use, & sometimes merely endured.

I'm not implying that for your situation this is the way to go. My condition was not the result of a specific life changing circumstance as yours is. For me, I knew I'd have to learn to live with it or be on meds forever.

I think if you can do it without drugs then that's really fantastic, but I was just not able to do that. Nothing to be ashamed of really. hahaha. Some of us can cope with things better I suppose. Personally, I started on Lexapro for panic attacks(one sent me to the ER), and stayed on it for several months until having women troubles. Got off of it thinking I didn't need it, but everyone talked me back into getting on it and it really helped smooth my emotions out. I don't have the extreme highs or extreme lows anymore...I guess would be the easiest way to describe it. I'm glad to be on it, but I know getting off is a really hard thing to do. The withdrawal symptoms can be real hell. Just need to reduce the dose over time when your ready.

well

Sadly, your biggest fear now is fearing another "panic attack"- the number one culprit. Your mind will remain very active during the night trying to anticipate and avoid another attack (in addition to your thoughts regarding your divorce).

Your situation does not warrant long-term pharmacological treatment unless you feel these symptoms will be present for more than 6-8+ weeks. Dealing with any 'loss' takes time and fortunately, you are a resilient individual. It sounds like the news came unexpectedly. I imagine you are still searching for answers, reasons, or causes. You are reacting or responding appropriately and as expected given your sensitive situation.

Fluoxetine and Xanax will be just fine for a few weeks- inexpensive and effective. 20mg of fluoxetine nightly or every morning with 0.5-1mg of xanax before bed AS NEEDED will do the job.

I am truly sorry to hear about your situation. It is never easy to deal with a loss. Keep us posted. We are hear to listen, understand, and support you.

Am I the only one here who has ever used cymbalta? I used paxil since 2000 and last year it made me go suicidal.

I was talking to OTH about this before. I told my doctor that I was having anxiety at night and wasn't able to sleep after OTH helped me cut down drastically on the alcohol. The doc prescibed Lexapro. I never did take one and still have the whole bottle. I used my mind to overcome the anxiety in a different way. When I had anxiety, I stopped fighting it, got up and did something constructive. Now I have no problems again, and the drinking is still under control. I personally think sometimes people do not look at the mechanics of the problem at hand and rely on a quick fix like a med, as so many of us do with gear. When it comes to my mind however, I put it through the paces before I medicate it (outside of the past alcohol problem).

i agree with this to some extent but some of use have actual chemical imbalances. you need to look at what it is that may be the problem and try to accept it or look at it differently. if after all this you still feel like shit then you may need meds. i took lexapro at 5 mg a day and it worked good. weaned myself off now thats it spring and feel like myself again without the severe depression. still use xanax here and there to sleep but thats about it.

good luck bro! i know the divorce sucks but think about how many babes you get to fuck now. i'm free, i'm free!...........lol

It makes me feel so much better to know that there are others who are or have already gone through what I am feeling. There is a tremendous sense of feeling "alone" associated with anxiety so I am very thankful to everyone for sharing.

Last night at about 10:00 PM, only about 10 minutes after falling asleep, I woke up with my heart racing and I was drenched in sweat and I had that overwhelming feeling of "doom". I jumped off the couch - that was just my reaction to the sensation - and I immediately stood up and fely sick to my stomach, I knew an attack was coming on fast. I sat back down and put my head between my legs (I felt really light headed) and tried to calm myself down. My physical symptons lasted only about 30 minutes, but the "doom" persisted throughout the night until about 6:00 AM. Then, just suddenly, it was gone.

What a crappy situation to be in. The only upside is I'm now about 7% bodyfat! :eek:

Bro my heart goes out to you

Depending on your age and where you are in a cycle ( at the end with low test ) I would consider a local hormone doctor. I personally do not suffer nightmares very often, but I do use xanex and ativan to sleep on bad days. I could use ambiem, but I enjoy falling asleep on these other two.

They both will blunt sex drive and they do hang in your system a long time. Best to find a doc that understands hormones/depression/anxiety and all the insidious side effects of life.

I also have to balance my use of theses drugs with my faith in God as it is a little bit of a compromise because "if God is for me who can be against me"

Nightmares don't kill as far as I can tell but they appear real, frightening and weird, but like you, I don't appreciate my sleep being disturbed by them.

Allbeef

Same symptoms as you but due to different reasons. I had the same reservations as you about med. I use 20mg/day Lexapro now and have for over a year. If I miss a day, the nightmares return that night. Strange shit and I hope that I'll get over it one day.

That's a high lexapro dose there Big A! Are you still on it and able to have sex somewhat normally? I was on 20mg lexapro for a while and you couldn't even buy me into having sex lol!

I'd personally rather take a sedative instead of a pill that rewires your brain like anti-depressants.

I'd personally rather take a sedative instead of a pill that rewires your brain like anti-depressants.

Agreed...... I would just want to be out and sleeping..... Although lexapro worked well for me as well

celexa as an everyday med, xanax for anxiety attacks

I've had an anxiety disorder since I was 16 years old. I've had it under control now for quite a few years, but it can definitely be scary at first.

It's not something I usually talk about in public, but in this case, it has the chance to help someone with a similar problem, so it's different.

I tried all the SSRI's to no avail, but I still suffered though all the side effects. Xanax was my only relief for nearly 10 years, which is a band-aid fix, that doesn't really 'cure' the problem.

About 4 years ago, I got a referral to a really good psychiatrist, an old school gentleman, former Olympian (1060's), now in the twilight years of his life, but not willing to retire.

His no bullshit, tell it how it is, old school attitude clicked with me immediately, and now I consider him a close friend.

I told him I was very hesitant to go back on SSRI's, as I'd tried them all, so his first step was to presribe me Inderal (Beta-blocker), to take twice daily, with the Xanax.

Immediately, it made me feel better. All the physical symptoms were GONE. Tightness of chest, sweating, shakes, etc etc. Anxiety attacks are a sudden rush of adrenalin, after all.

The next step was for him to put me on an old school medication, made in the 1950's, called Anafranil (clomipramine hydrochloride), which belongs to a class of of drugs called Tricyclic Antidepressants.

No side effects at all from the Anafranil. As my doc said to me, "new medications aren't always better young grasshopper".

4 weeks later, I felt better than I had in 12 years.

I would recommend Xanax (mild dose), Beta-blocker (inderal), and a Tricyclic Antidepressant like Anafranil.

Obviously, your doctor knows best though.

Hope you start feeling better soon brother. PM me if you have any questions. :)

-Pack

PS: Apologies for the horrendously long post guys.

Last edited:
Whatever you decide to do, I hope you can avoid making a regular daily dosage of any of those drugs a routine. Especially benzos (like xanax, valium, etc.), because coming off them is absolutely nasty.

My advice? Take a trip. Go somewhere totally new, and go by yourself. Do an amazon jungle tour, see some cool buildings in a foreign country, or just go hiking in the mountains. Then, after that, you can think about a more "permanent" medical solution.

Brothers/Sisters -

Unfortunately my happy marriage of 6 years is coming to an end. I can't even begin to explain how sad and strange and awful it is to be in my position. I know some of you have already lived through this - I envy your strength.

I am not sleeping and even eating has become a chore. I still manage to get to the gym each day as that provides me with my only hapiness right now. I am still getting in my protein and supplements, but that's about it.

On nights when I do fall asleep I often wake with feelings of extreme terror. I think these are panic attacks/anxiety attacks, and they last for anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours. I have discussed this with my therapist and he will probably send my to a psych. for meds.

Anyone have any recommendations for meds. I want to avoid feeling "medicated", and I would like to avoid any sides if at all possible. I really just need something to make the terror go away because I think in time, and with therapy, the underlying cause will get better.

I appreciate all suggestions. I can't access PM from work any longer so I'll check back later tonight. Again, thanks for the help.

bro im going tru the same shit due to a break up w my gf....xanax is the only thing that works for me 2mg's and im g2g....i know how u feel...its been 2mo now for me and i can still only manage to get 1 meal down a day...im down 10lbs so far but i am way more lean.

I need to take one mg of aprazolam before bed in order not to dream . Vivid dreams would cause me great anxiety the next day. It has been a god sent, It is something that can be abused by those that may have a tendency. I have great success over the past two years an only take as perscribed . Talk to your doctor that would be best for you and be safe. sorry to hear of your situation good luck my brother.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws