over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need advice on possible San Francisco move

CHAPS

Registered
So i'm looking at changing careers and heading back to school, i've got two options right now. One of which would be in going to school in Hayward California. I'm currently living in Canada and do not have a clue as to what type of area this is.

I'm looking for advice on things like best areas to live, keeping in mind expense as i'll be in school around 4-6 years. Shopping etc. Any advice on trt doctors would be of a HUGE help, I know Dr Mariano in Monterey is fantastic but that is a ways away.

Where in Canada are living?

Born and bred in S.CAL and now living/working in T.O

Chip.

I’m in IT and some of my co-workers moved to SF to be closer to the corporate hub. Most if not all of live 45+ minutes away (by BART) from the office because it’s way too much $$$ to live in the city. These guys are making serious coin too and still can’t afford it.

Average rent for a 1 bedroom in the SF area is around $2300. If you plan to work in the area without a $150k+ job, you better live in south San Francisco or its neighboring cities.

But you said Hayward which is not SF at all. You can survive living in San Leandro, Fremont or Union City where a 1 bedroom is closer to $1600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lived in the bay area for a couple of years, specifically in the east bay. There are some pretty rough neighborhoods in oakland/hayward, etc.

I was a bit further out in the east bay (dublin). Had to go into downtown SF once in a while for work. I would ride in on the bart and that would take about an hour.

Sometimes I'd need to go to the south bay for work (santa clara, sunnyvale, etc.) and I'd drive since the bart didn't go down there at the time. That took about 45 mins to get there, and coming back anywhere between 3pm and 7pm could take as long as two hours.

Pros:
- Awesome weather
- Great variety of awesome restaurants
- You can always find something to do

Cons:
- Hard to find a good place to rent for a reasonable price. If you want to buy something get ready to shell out money. $1M+ or way higher for something decent with space, nice neighorhood, etc.
- The whole place is completely over crowded, you wait in the longest lines for basic shit. Working out at a gym kinda sux because you're usually waiting for something to open up due to the crowds.
- Traffic is a complete nightmare

I eventually moved because I couldn't deal with the cons.

San Fran is super liberal. As in dont be surprised if you see a gay man walking down the street in ass-less chaps with nipple tassles on. They are not all over but it does happen. Tons of homeless people (all over), sanctuary city for illegals, and rent sky high.

Last time I was there a guy hit on me while he was rollerblading down the street naked with a cockring on. Good times.

Last edited:
One more thing to add. If I had to go back and be close to Hayward for school/work, I'd probably rent a place in Berkeley, CA which is a really cool area. You can probably get to SF or Hayward in about 20/30mins via Bart.

I grew up there and had to get away... Tren pretty much said everything that needed to be said!

I hate crowds of people and traffic.. Which is what you are going to be full of out there... I had to get away and will never think about moving back ever..may whole family has moved out of there as its getting way over populated

Why choose Hayward for school?

is it junior collage? law? some trade school?

Don't move to SF... Way to fucking expensive ! you won't survive unless you already have a nice career going in tech.

Seattle, Austin are good places if you are in tech

I'll answer everyone's questions in one shot. Basically my Chiropracter wants to mentor me, he is very successful and semi retired at a young age. His way of giving back is to mentor people, it's also helping him as well as he has a hard time finding people trained the way he'd like. It was San Francisco and New Zealand for the two schools he recommended above all others.

I will double check the name of the school in California though as i was told it was in San Francisco, i'm going to shoot him a text as when i google chiropractic schools out there i only see the campus in Hayward. I would be looking to rent, not buy. I think i've got my work cut out for me to make up a pro's and con's list of both possible areas.

Auckland New Zealand is the other option incase anyone was wondering

San Fran is super liberal. As in dont be surprised if you see a gay man walking down the street in ass-less chaps with nipple tassles on. They are not all over but it does happen. Tons of homeless people (all over), sanctuary city for illegals, and rent sky high.

Last time I was there a guy hit on me while he was rollerblading down the street naked with a cockring on. Good times.

lmao

**EDIT**...Can we please keep politics out of this!

Last edited by a moderator:
So i'm looking at changing careers and heading back to school, i've got two options right now. One of which would be in going to school in Hayward California. I'm currently living in Canada and do not have a clue as to what type of area this is.

I'm looking for advice on things like best areas to live, keeping in mind expense as i'll be in school around 4-6 years. Shopping etc. Any advice on trt doctors would be of a HUGE help, I know Dr Mariano in Monterey is fantastic but that is a ways away.

Let me take a wild guess and say, Life West Chiro school?

Hayward is a shit hole, along with most of the east bay. But being the shit hole it is, living there is way cheaper then anywhere else in the bay. Heading into the peninsula, daily city, SSF, San burno, etc. rent will go up significantly. The closer you get to SF, rent is insane. Hayward is a nice middle spot from SF and SJ. Rent is going up all over the bay because of the expansion of the dot coms and them moving to SF.

Just make sure you've got flowers in your hair.
You should be a'ight.

lmao

**EDIT**...Can we please keep politics out of this!

Saying San Fran is liberal is not hidden knowledge. how is that politics. I have lived in CA my entire life. Everything that has been said here is pretty accurate. How is that political.

I feel like if you have never been there it could be some culture shock for some people, do you disagree? Lol.

Last edited:
Saying San Fran is liberal is not hidden knowledge. how is that politics. I have lived in CA my entire life. Everything that has been said here is pretty accurate. How is that political.

I feel like if you have never been there it could be some culture shock for some people, do you disagree? Lol.

I said some derogatory things about liberals, hence the edit. lol

Amurica

Last edited:
"Your story rings true"

Cool, if you are gonna be a chiro then you should learn ART and also nerve release too IMO.

See you in SF. Ill be there next year.

Housing is worse then NYC. Already started looking for an apt near mission bay and close by there and looks like im gonna have to spend over 3k a month on rent easily.

Not sure about you but I dont plan on having a car there. Bringing a bike and ill call an Uber when needed.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar