over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need help : clen anxiety/ Newbie

Lockniss78

Newbies
Ok so I am 35 and over the last 8 months I have been focused on losing weight and hitting the gym. I have been On Zoloft for years for Ocd/ anxiety. I was advised by a friend at my gym to take clen to help with the weight loss and shredding. Worst Idea ever, I started on 20mcg for the first 4 days, I went up to 40mcg the next day and took my power pump preworkout, hit the gym for 2 hrs and that night I had a pain on the left side of my chest and was filled with anxiety. ... I stopped immediately, I was never told that I needed to take Taurine while on clen which i found out yesterday.... its been 4 days and I still have anxiety and a little chest pain. I got my blood pressure taken and it was borderline hypertension..Should I start taking Taurine now? I read that its most likely depleted in my system...Any advise is highly appreciated !

Ok so I am 35 and over the last 8 months I have been focused on losing weight and hitting the gym. I have been On Zoloft for years for Ocd/ anxiety. I was advised by a friend at my gym to take clen to help with the weight loss and shredding. Worst Idea ever, I started on 20mcg for the first 4 days, I went up to 40mcg the next day and took my power pump preworkout, hit the gym for 2 hrs and that night I had a pain on the left side of my chest and was filled with anxiety. ... I stopped immediately, I was never told that I needed to take Taurine while on clen which i found out yesterday.... its been 4 days and I still have anxiety and a little chest pain. I got my blood pressure taken and it was borderline hypertension..Should I start taking Taurine now? I read that its most likely depleted in my system...Any advise is highly appreciated !

The taurine is only taken for muscle cramps. Clenbuterol has a relatively short half life so if you haven't taken it in a few days then it should be out of your system. Taking taurine now will not do anything. If you have anxiety then chances are its your anxiety still bothering you. If you get more concerned then call your doctor.

The taurine is only taken for muscle cramps. Clenbuterol has a relatively short half life so if you haven't taken it in a few days then it should be out of your system. Taking taurine now will not do anything. If you have anxiety then chances are its your anxiety still bothering you. If you get more concerned then call your doctor.

Medic08, I always enjoy reading your posts, as you have handed down some great advice. Yet, Clen has a relativity long half life of approximately 30-35 +/- hours. Systematically this may still be coherent with this individuals anxiety, especially if he is using any other stimulants.

Thanks for the advise! So would my body start producing Taurine on its own , now that I stopped the clen! And is it possible that the clen trigggered my anxiety even though I'm on Zoloft, I did not feel like this before I started taking it

Clenbuterol has the ability to increase the amount of tryptophan, and 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) in the brain. The concentration of Clen would be relative too the amount bound to free fatty acids, as well as the mcg one is using. In other words, the higher percentage of FFA in our blood (plasma) more clen will bind.

So yes, it could very well invoke anxiety with some. It's all composed of how our Neuro chemistry is wired.

Last edited:
Medic08, I always enjoy reading your posts, as you have handed down some great advice. Yet, Clen has a relativity long half life of approximately 30-35 +/- hours. Systematically this may still be coherent with this individuals anxiety, especially if he is using any other stimulants.

Thanks, Stewie and congrats on MOTM. You're right about the half life being 35+ hours, but I would still consider that short considering some medications have a 48+ hour half life. I know it's just a play on words, but even with the 35+ hour half life it still shouldn't be a problem for him because he said its been four days since his last days. Don't you think that's long enough to clear the system and stop causing any effects at all? I'm not debating with.... Just discussing. Thanks again for the positive comments. :cool:

Thanks, Stewie and congrats on MOTM. You're right about the half life being 35+ hours, but I would still consider that short considering some medications have a 48+ hour half life. I know it's just a play on words, but even with the 35+ hour half life it still shouldn't be a problem for him because he said its been four days since his last days. Don't you think that's long enough to clear the system and stop causing any effects at all? I'm not debating with.... Just discussing. Thanks again for the positive comments. :cool:

I looked right past that. Absolutely, I would believe it's cleared or such a minute amount it's null or contribute to his anxiety. A few days ago, I would have to think differently.
Thanks Medic :)

Lockniss, is there any other meds, supplements you're taking?

I looked right past that. Absolutely, I would believe it's cleared or such a minute amount it's null or contribute to his anxiety. A few days ago, I would have to think differently.
Thanks Medic :)

Lockniss, is there any other meds, supplements you're taking?

No worries ;)

I personally take Taurine nightly to help counter the effects of the stimulants I'm using for contest prep, which includes Clen. I find it very helpful.

My guess is the anxiety you are experiencing now is not directly caused by the Clen but since you have a history of it, your body/mind probably has a hard slowing it's self down.
I find meditation/deep breathing very helpful also.
Other things that help me is a Zinc and Mag supplement in the pm. Also Guna Sleep, a Homeopathic sleep remedy works well.

Here is some info on Taurine from The Chemistry of Calm ? 2 ? Life Extension

Taurine is an amino acid that increases glycine and GABA to calm the brain, and it also protects the brain by reducing the harmful effects of excess glutamate.8 You may be familiar with it, as it is added to some of the popular energy drinks such as Red Bull. Apparently the manufacturers see it as a means of further supporting someone during periods of extreme exertion, when taurine levels can become depleted. I don’t recommend replenishing it through energy drinks, but you may calm your brain if you boost your taurine levels in safer ways.

The Resilient Supplement Plan

Taurine is usually taken in doses of 500 mg one to three times daily. It can cause slight drowsiness and if so may be taken at bedtime. It has also been known to reduce blood pressure, so you should use care if you are prone to hypotension or light-headedness. It may be taken with or without food.

There is some other helpful information in that article.

Stewie you look amazing!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys, u all Awesome. Stewie I have not been taking anything else except for my preworkout and Zoloft. .. However on the day I went up to 40 mcgs I did drink an No Explode, instead of my pump 7... . Is it good to still take Taurine with my zoloft?

Thanks for the info guys, u all Awesome. Stewie I have not been taking anything else except for my preworkout and Zoloft. .. However on the day I went up to 40 mcgs I did drink an No Explode, instead of my pump 7... . Is it good to still take Taurine with my zoloft?

If you suffer with anxiety don`t take CLENBUTEROL and take only 50mg to 100mg caffeine before training. Take 100mg Humanofort after training also.

Clenbuterol has shown to cause emotional side effects, including severe nervousness, edginess, paranoia and anxiety. According to the medical faculty at University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia, physical tremors often accompany nervous symptoms. A person may feel shakiness similar to excessive caffeine intake. Hand tremors are common and can lead to reduced ability to partake in physical tasks, such as writing, typing or holding objects steadily. People with depression, anxiety or other psychological disorders may hold heightened risks for these effects.

Read more: Clenbuterol Side Effects | Livestrong

I suffer from severe social and general anxiety and panic disorder/panic attacks and the clen only makes things worse. The only thing that makes things bearable is my alprazolam prescription. I also noticed a tremor in my hand at higher dosages. I don't think it's wise to go over 100mcg a day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear