over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"Need help" Constant throbbing pain post injection

MR.BICEPS

Banned
I shot 3mls into my tri's two days ago. Its was deca and test enan mixed into one shot. My wife must have hit a bad place because the shot hurt really bad from beginning to end. I almost made her stop the pain was so bad.

Yes she aspirated and was using the standars 1in 25g pin. She only went in half way.

The next day I worked lats and traps. It was a little sore but fine.Teh the pain started last night and did not let up one bit. Its throbbing lik ea tooth ache right now..

Last night my arm throbbed like a bad tooth ache. I took two lortabs and still hurt pretty bad. My arms ia a litle red all teh way down to my elbow joint.

Today is arm day but I am afraid to do anything til this pain stops..

Whats going on???? What should I do use ice???? :confused:

Sounds like she either hit a nerver or injected the oil close to a nerve that is causing some irritation.

I would try heat first.

GrumpyTX said:
Sounds like she either hit a nerver or injected the oil close to a nerve that is causing some irritation.

I would try heat first.
LMFAO.. :D ..i have been there a few times..i agree with Grumpy..The pain should be unbarrable at night when you lay down to sleep or roll over on them...i did moist heat 20 minutes, then ice 20 minutes as often as i could everyday for 3 days then they felt better after 5 days ..enough to train with no pain..i have done about 50 shots in my arms and all went well except 3...i found it too be alot easier overall if i did 1 1/2 cc in each tricep then all of it at once....Be sure to massage that area for atleast 4 minutes and if you have a massager for your muscles handy put that on the spot for 10 minutes on med-high level and let that do the work for you..good luck

Thanks guys...

So you think 1 1/2 to 2 cc's should be max for a tricep injection? My tri's are pretty big so I just assumed 3mls would be okay. Ive done 3mls in the past with no problems..

I wonder if the problem is only going in half way with a 1" pin.

Is that how shallow/deep she usually shoots?

Crowler said:
I wonder if the problem is only going in half way with a 1" pin.

Is that how shallow/deep she usually shoots?

Exactly...your shooting 2 oils that are pretty thick in viscosity...your not shooting deep enough in the muscle...ESP. when your shooting 3cc's. I also wouldn't go higher than 2cc's in the tri's at one time. Try 1 1/2 or 2cc's with a 25 5/8" pin and bury it if you don't like using 1"

Shock

Someone suggested I get antibiotics..Will I need to get antibiotics from this redness in my arm or will it go away in about five days??

Some have mentioned the possibility of it being cellutitus??? Anyone knoe about cellutitus"inflammation of the skin'?

I would put a heating pad on it and have your wife use some thin oil or moisturizer and massage it to help get the oil out of there as quick as possible.

I will leave the anitbiotic question to more knowledgable bros.

MR.BICEPS said:
Someone suggested I get antibiotics..Will I need to get antibiotics from this redness in my arm or will it go away in about five days??

Some have mentioned the possibility of it being cellutitus??? Anyone knoe about cellutitus"inflammation of the skin'?

Here's some info from the Mayo Clinic website.

Cellulitis may result in skin that is:

Red
Swollen
Tender
Warm
The changes in your skin may be accompanied by a fever. Over time, the area of redness tends to expand. Small red spots may appear on top of the reddened skin, and less commonly, small blisters may form and burst.

Here's the link for more info.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/cellulitis.html

I've had cellulites a bunch of times (not from injections) and it looks like it starts off with a pimple or an ingrown hair and is somewhat tender, that pimple will then increase in size or continue to spread the redness. then it gets swollen and the pimple gets some pus. I've had to have them drained and cut out and packed. Not a fun experience. Everytime I took Keflex, I think 250mgs 5 x day. I've experience similar bad shots and taken either naprosen or motrin for the swelling and if I had some keflex I took it just to prevent infection. Usually some hot water and massage will do the trick after a a day or two. Also, what type of gear was it. If it was anything with high mgs/ml it could be crystalizing too fast at the injection site or even in your bottle site that maybe causing the redness.

Ive been using ice and getting ready to use heat next...

Its bot throbbing anymore thank GOD... I had a little red but mostly very sore from the injection spot to my elbow...

I dont think theres any infection because I have no fever and my wife is also paranoid to get everything sterilized properly.. I had just gotten out of the shower before this shot so she could pinch togehter my skin which makes the shot go in smoothly.

Still leaning towards she hit a nerve.. I coughed some after this injection which tells me she was near a nerve..Plus it hurt like crazy..

Thanks for all the advise. I'll see a doc if things persist.. ;)

i agree 3cc's is alot for a tri inject and only going a half inch in didn't help.if you tri are bid then there should be no problem going an inch in.i would put heat on massage it as much as i could stand.i would probably get in a hot shower letting the water hit it,put a little baby oil on it and massage it as the water was hitting it.

leap

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner