over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need help finding a post please

ATP

Registered
I read a post the other day where someone said that you shouldn't count reps for each set, but rather aim to get 30 reps total per exercise. I think the idea was that this will push you to go all out on your earlier sets and pick the right weight, rather than looking for a weight that allows you to get 10–12 reps per set. I can't remember if 30 was the total reps per exercise or per body part, and I can't remember the set range he said you should aim for. That's why I want to look it up again.

I tried doing a number of searches using different search terms, but couldn't find it. I know it's a long shot, but by chance does anyone happen to know the thread I am talking about? It was interesting, I thought...

Thanks

But why would 30 be the magic number? Why not 37 or 45? If you want to focus on form, and picking a more appropriate weight, you could do like serge nubret, and pick a weight you can do for 20 reps and do 5-8 sets of 12. Rest 1 min for upper body and up to 2 for lower. The cumulative fatigue will have you working hard by the end and will be just as taxing as lifting heavier.

I know this isn't what you were looking for exactly, but I thought it fit in with what you were trying to accomplish. If not, disregard.

But why would 30 be the magic number? Why not 37 or 45? If you want to focus on form, and picking a more appropriate weight, you could do like serge nubret, and pick a weight you can do for 20 reps and do 5-8 sets of 12. Rest 1 min for upper body and up to 2 for lower. The cumulative fatigue will have you working hard by the end and will be just as taxing as lifting heavier.

I know this isn't what you were looking for exactly, but I thought it fit in with what you were trying to accomplish. If not, disregard.

Thanks for the feedback. You're right—I'm not sure why he picked 30. Maybe it was actually 40? But I see your point.

What I liked about the concept was that you didn't need to count reps on each set. The idea was that you aim for a certain number of total reps (e.g., 30) over a certain number of sets (e.g., 5). Personally, I sometimes feel like I get too hung up on finding the exact number of reps and sometimes will end one of my first sets too early or not get enough reps on my last set, and sometimes I just have a hard time finding the appropriate weight. This seemed like a way to get over that.

I can't remember all of the details, which is why I was hoping to find the thread again. If I can, I'll let you know if he has answers to your very valid questions!

Can I bump for the day crowd? This board moves so fast, and I am really at a loss...

^ that wasn't the one I remembered, but it was a great read and had lots of interesting info. Thanks for sharing it!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131