over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need Help: Got My Labs Back

plumpsumo

Registered
Hey Fellas,

I need some help deciphering my lab results. I've listed the tests that came back out to of range below, although I did include my Hematocrit & other blood measurements for those that are interested. I'm quite paranoid about blood thickness.

CHOLESTEROL
Total: 250 (Normal Range: 125-200)
HDL: 43 (Normal Range: > 40)
Triglycerides: 197 (Normal Range: <150)
LDL: 168 (Normal Range: <130)
Chol/HDLC Ratio: 5.8 (Normal Range: < 5.0)
Non HDL: 207 (Target for non-HDL chol is 30mg/dl higher than LDL chol target)

COMP METABOLIC PANEL
Urea Nitrogen (BUN): 27 (Normal Range: 7-25)
BUN/Creatinine Ratio: 32 (Normal Range: 6-22)

BLOOD STUFF
RBC 4.9 *Normal*
Hemoglobin: 15.4 *Normal*
Hematocrit: 43.7 *Normal*
Platelets: 176 *Normal*
RDW: 15.3 (Normal Range: 11-15)

# # #

I'm kinda scared. Do I need to donate blood? I'm about to start a cycle (550mg/week of Andropen) but want to see what the board has to say first.

I wasn't on anything during the lab work, and it's been a few months since my first and only cycle (500mg/week of test for 8 weeks).

FYI, the doc wants to put me on Lipitor. I'm scared to take it. Any thoughts from you guys is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Plump

Last edited:
Your RBC is fine, there's no need to dump unless your Ferritin and Iron Saturation is high, do you have those labs?Iron Panel ... TIBC,UIBC ect

Yea some of your lipids are in the dumps,there's countless threads here on bettering your lipids.

How was your protein, hydration levels and exercise prior to your labs

Without question there will be others giving details on what you need to do to address that…

Your RBC is fine, there's no need to dump unless your Ferritin and Iron Saturation is high, do you have those labs?Iron Panel ... TIBC,UIBC ect

Yea some of your lipids are in the dumps,there's countless threads here on bettering your lipids.

How was your protein, hydration levels and exercise prior to your labs

Without question there will be others giving details on what you need to do to address that…

Hi Stew,

Not sure on my Ferritin and Iron saturation. Those weren't on the test.

Indeed, lipids are in the dumps. Need to fix that with my diet.

Protein was about 200-250g/day, very well hydrated, and I weight train 3x a week (DC style) prior to labs.

Thanks,
Plump

It's concerning that your values are so out of line NATURAL. How bad do they look when ON? I'd suggest cleaning up your diet and bumping up your cardio (if that's not being done at the moment). More healthy fats and maybe add in some supplements to improve cholesterol #s (niacin, fish oil etc.)

How were your liver values?

No reason to donate blood. The only thing to worry about is your cholesterol profile. Very high LDL and elevated TG is not good. Clean up diet and start taking foods and supplements to help raise HDL while lowering LDL.

No reason to donate blood. The only thing to worry about is your cholesterol profile. Very high LDL and elevated TG is not good. Clean up diet and start taking foods and supplements to help raise HDL while lowering LDL.

What would a sample meal look like? And supps?

Thanks a ton everyone!

Best,
Plump

How were your liver values?

AST and ALT were high. 104 and 72, respectively. Normal range for AST is 10-40, and ALT is 9-60.

This is due to the antidepressant med I'm on. Sucks.

Normally, I take alpha lipoic acid 300mg TID from True Nutrition and it totally keeps my liver enzymes within range. Amazing shit. Unfortunately, I ran out right around the time of the lab work.

Any correlation between my chol panel and liver enzymes?

your cholestrol is not THAT far off ...until they released STATIN drugs 230 was fine...but tell people that you need to be at 200 ..sell millions of deadly pills.
as for you triglycerides...that can be caused by alcohol consumption ...or th biggest culprit ..SUGAR ( hi fructose corn syrup in POP )

Just work on the diet to get down the LDL. Your blood count looks great so no need to donate. I would get the test run again during the last week of your cycle to see just how bad things get, and that will be a guide for your future cycles so you know what/how much you can run and be safe. If your hct is up around 52 or more I would donate when that time comes.

Im taking lipitor now and have been on statins now for about 4 yrs since my heart attack and havent had a single side effect that I can tell. I think its ok to go on it, hell put you on the lowest dose hopefully. You could suggest to him that you will modify your diet some/take supplements and then have him retest your lipids again to see if its better and then if its not you can go on the lipitor.

That LDL is going to be worse while youre on cycle, and have that tested at the end of the cycle along with a CBC.

Had you been fasting when the blood was drawn?

your cholestrol is not THAT far off ...until they released STATIN drugs 230 was fine...but tell people that you need to be at 200 ..sell millions of deadly pills.
as for you triglycerides...that can be caused by alcohol consumption ...or th biggest culprit ..SUGAR ( hi fructose corn syrup in POP )

I don't drink, and I definitely think it's the sugar from all the damn ice cream I recently used to eat (every day!).

Stay away from the statin, they are poison and only treat the symptom not the cause. Modify your diet and add in some good fish oils, CoQ10, etc.. and your numbers should straighten out. Also, your cholesterol may be high if your testosterone levels are low, which since you are off cycle is very possible. The mechanism being that cholesterol is the precursor to all hormones. So when you are low in testosterone, your body will produce more cholesterol to try to make up for this.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws