YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

need help how to tell if your insulin sensitive.

gstracer

Registered
ok well I'm not real sure how to tell if I've become a little insulin sensitive. I have a glucose meter but not real sure what values would mean I'm insulin sensitive or timing of getting the values.thanks for any help

do you have any old BG readings from physicals in the past? hopefully not years ago...

go by that i guess? morning empty stomach BG reading ...as long as you are under the standard norm, you are okay i think... right?

if that number creeps up or you notice that you have to take more slin to get the same effect or your carb intake goes up,,,getting fatter,,,,sugar hungry etc

many signs...but i think you would need a baseline to go by.

perhaps not too late to start logging now if you are concerned.

oh yeah,,,dieting for awhile with low carb tends to really make you insulin sensitive
IME

bump for others input.

well I have never taken any baseline BG readings as I'm not diabetic. I have just been on growth for awhile and I don't see and haven't really ever seen the fat loss effects of it. my diet pretty on point, I see a trainer and right now I'm eating 3950 cals. and the other reason is I've tried slin twice and the first time I added carbs and the second run I just ate one of my meals (shake w oats)
about 20 min pre wo and then took the slin and it seems like both time I put on BF. it sucks I guess my body does not like slin. I did take a BG reading at random before a meal and I was at 103 then after the meal awhile later I was 126. that's is in the normal range I belive. but I'm new to this thanks for any help.

also the real reason I'm asking is cuz I'm having trouble losing BF when deit training and cardio is there.

Hi there. If I understand your question, you are asking for advice on how to use your glucose meter to assess your insulin sensitivity.

Step 1 is getting your fasted blood sugar by testing first thing in the morning for a few days. (Make sure you don't snack in the middle of the night and confound your readings. Also no slow acting slin overnight. You want a nice clean reading.)

You will be looking for glucose under 90. If you are 105 or higher, that suggests insulin resistance.

Assuming you look ok in terms of fasted glucose, you can try a more sensitive test: a glucose challenge. Normally, you are given 75g (I think) of glucose in a sugary drink, and you blood sugar is checked every 20-30 minutes. Sometimes your insulin is checked too. I'd bet you can do this (the glucose part) yourself. You just need to look up the standard trajectory for glucose readings after the challenge. You can probably google it and get the info you need (Of course, you can get a doc to do all this too.)

In terms of increasing insulin sensitivity ...
- low carbs
- intermittent fasting
- metformin
- ALA or rALA
- maybe carnitine, chromium, cinnamon
- cut back on GH
- more exercise
- lose weight

Hope this helps

also the real reason I'm asking is cuz I'm having trouble losing BF when deit training and cardio is there.

Unless you're losing weight but not fat, then I bet you're simply eating too much.

Plus insulin resistance and fat loss from GH go hand in hand. Some insulin resistance doesn't hinder fat loss from GH, the whole mechanism behind what causes the fat loss is tied to the resistance issue. Being insulin resistant from GH doesn't mean you can't lose fat or that you become fatter - the opposite in fact.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws