over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

need help with a powerlifting issue

crackerjack414

Registered
Hey I know there are a few powerlifters on this board. Iam looking to help start a powerlifting club up at my school. I know sac state used to have one( they still might). I was wondering if any one in the los Angeles area would be willing to help us out as far as technique and training.
Thanks CJ

crackerjack414 said:
Hey I know there are a few powerlifters on this board. Iam looking to help start a powerlifting club up at my school. I know sac state used to have one( they still might). I was wondering if any one in the los Angeles area would be willing to help us out as far as technique and training.
Thanks CJ

I was indipendent competitive powerlifter throughout my HS years, i always wanted to start a team, but not enough guys, or competition, ur best bet is to take the idea to principle, and ask him for advice on how to start it, u can start any club through your school if you get enough people on your side.

There has to be a strength coach of the football team. Ask him to sponsor you and he can help you set it up.

Swolecows said:
There has to be a strength coach of the football team. Ask him to sponsor you and he can help you set it up.

luckly for me my football coach for myschool although i never played FB was a former nataional powerlifting champ, and he became my coach for free from 16-17, it all started when i had him in 9th grade, we had to do a paper on REALISTIC short term goals... I said mine was to bench 200lbs by the end of the school year, well needless to say he gave me an E, and embarassed me infront of the class, saying it was unrealstic because I said I was only benching around 130max at the time, and too much strength in too short of time.

I tapped this paper on my basement (weight room) wall, with the big E on it, and it was SO much fuel for me, long story short i benched 200lbs about 3.5 months or so later, 2 months before the school year ended asking him as a spotter then unfolded my old E paper from him on goals... he didnt have much to say but became my coach taking me to breaking state records in bench press since then.

sorry about drifting off so bad, just remebering the old powerlifting days, and also that was a huge motivator for me.

Last edited:
Ive already found a few guys who are interested in putting it together. I was just looking to see if there where any power lifters in the area who would be willing to help some of us younger guys out.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws