over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need help with blood work (kidneys)

I've really given all the info I can give on the situation in the PM's that we've been exchanging. You didn't include your kidney function tests in the PMs, only your cardiac and liver tests. If you would have told me that your kidneys were stressed along with your CK/CK-MB levels elevated then I would have suggested Rhabdo.

Rhabdo can be some pretty nasty stuff. For those who don't know, Rhabdomyolysis is when you stress your muscles so insanely hard that after the lactic acid production, your body starts producing a poison called myoglobin. Myoglobin wreaks havoc on your body, ESPECIALLY your kidneys. Myogloin is a protein and the its too powerful for the kidneys to filter it, so it just sits in your kidneys and literally ruins them. When I say its poison, I really mean poison. How does your urine look? When you're in kidney failure or there is myoglobin present in your urine then your urine will be very brown. We in the medical field describe it as "tea colored," bc it looks exactly like tea.

If you would have told me about your BUN and Creatnine levels then I could have pointed you in the right direction.

thanks for this.

once my numbers go back to normal, do you think ill be good to go back to lifting?

Now knowing your kidney function, I would do more blood work before returning back to training. I know that might sound over the top, but Rhabdo is no joke and can put you on dialysis or worse, death. Once your numbers are good then it should be safe to train, but just check with your doctor first.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a few years back the MMA fighter, Junior Dos Antos was diagnoses with Rhabdo while training for his second fight with Cain Velasquez. This was the excuse he used for losing so bad to him (even though he lost even worse the third time). He had to be hospitalized for a little while bc apparently it got so bad. That's at least the story that came out of his camp anyway.

Last edited:
He'll yeah my education paid off I knew that was rhabdo...all the classic signs. I'm an athletic trainer by trade (not a trainer the people on the medical staff for athletic teams, school, etc) and twice in my life I've scene rhabdo. It is not usually with well trained people which is why I wonder if the dnp played a role.

The one instance I had...was a high schooler who had zero exercise experience...kind of a nerdy non physical kid...he jibed the cross country team and decided on his own to run an additional 100 miles a week...two weeks later diagnosed with rhabdo.

The second was a college football player who never lifted in high school he did his first crazy leg day which was just absurd amounts of reps. Nothing a person should have ever done in their first leg workout.

But I assume you are a well trained individual? So it seems odd unless you did something really really extreme. This is just my hypothesis I really think the dnp played into it.

Rest, fluids, nutritious diet. That is all you can do. Rhabdo is no joke!!!!! It is quite serious.

Case and point....it ended that college football players career.

thanks medic, yeah I knew I was missing some figures in our PM's so I got the papers back out and looked them over a bit.

thanks everyone.

ill be resting and hydrating and then retesting all of these values in a few days time

UPDATE:

so I got cleared to go back to training, as my CPK levels were at 600 and falling (they were at 2600 the previous week).

however, before I had started training, I took one final CPK test to see where things were at, and the levels had climbed to 1100 (from 600), with no apparent reason as to why..

regardless, I decided to continue training and got retested again (about 40 hours after a hard leg session - the first one since I got out of the ER, was insanely sore), my levels have climbed to 2400

im not sure what to make of this.. yes, the test was after a workout, but it had been about 40 hours in between the workout and the test.. and 2400 is starting to get up there.

my doctor has told me to stop lifting, and im getting more blood work on Wednesday.

my muscles don't ache at all, im not cramping, and my urine is normal-colored...maybe a little on the yellow side..sometimes foamy other times no foam.

any and all input is greatly appreciated

guess ill just bump this thread a couple times before I let it die..

Just stop lifting altogether until you know what the hell is going on.

I don't understand the obsession with lifting when you clearly need to stop.

Take couple of months off, your body will thank you for it.

guess ill just bump this one last time before I allow it to go the way of all flesh

Dude an intense leg day for the first time in months will have your ck up there......keep chugging water, your most likely fine, the initial shock of lifting weights intensely has been shown to get your CK pretty high

I cant contribute anything to this but I hope your tests come back alright.

Just looked up my last CK... It was 610 after a weekend of rest from the gym at a point where I haven't skipped a workout in months and would rarely get sore, everything else was normal....if you have no real symptoms and are well hydrated don't stress it

the fact that you even need someone to specify if your numbers dont look good based on the results in front of you means that you obviously have a little bit of an addiction with juice, training, etc. Not good man, might want to re think your lifestyle and protocols a little bit

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131