over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need help with friends diet/cardio/training

N

newbadgenes

Have a friend that is getting married nov 3. She s bit chunky and wants to tone up. She pretty good eating and working out but I need help with training and food. I know simple things like cut out weekend beer and not endulge as much but need help. Here's her info

She 38
About 5'2 and I would guess 135

Hey dude. From April to August 31 I was involved in boot camp, small group and 1:1 training.
Typically I did 3-60 minute boot camps and 2-30 minutes. The price is ridiculous.... So I moved on to planet fitness which still has all the cardio, machines and free weights. I just don't know if there's a specific amount of cardio vs. Weight training that I should be doing.

Goal: to continue to become healthier, lose inches, and tone

Drink: black coffee 2-3 cups per day and water.
However, on the weekends I do indulge in acoholic beverages beer, wine, or vodka/club.
No soda, juice or sugary drinks.

Food: I do well Monday through Friday but definitely need to eat cleaner on the weekends.

My breakfast during week consists of 2 hard boiled eggs and unsalted almonds.

Snacks usually are one of the following:
Protein bar (quest or pure protein), slim jim (snack size 2) and a light string cheese, watermelon (1 cup), berries (1/2 cup), chobani simply 100 Greek yougurt

For lunch or dinner I have a salad with spinach and a lettuce of some sort...
I usually add to it: (some variations of these items not all) 2 grape tomatoes, 4 reduced salt black olives, fresh mozzarella no salt added, cucumbers, celery, baby carrots, walnuts, tuna or chicken, sometimes beans. Usually use plain balsamic vinegar or kens light parmesan peppercorn.

Dinner usually a meat or fish, green giant frozen veggie and crab (couscous, quinoa, sweet potatoe...)

On weekends sometimes for breakfast I will have post honey bunches of oats with pecans or make an egg, 30% less sodium cheese, Turkey sausage sandwich on a wrap or 100 calories sandwich thin

During then end of school I did 2 morning workouts and 3 nights. In the summer I did mostly morning.

I lost around 13 pounds (1/2 to a pound a week and then some weeks nada) I have lost some inches.

I can realistically go to they gym 5 days a week.

Please help!!!!!

Me

"Pretty good eating" usually means shitty.....Its ALL DIET!!!..... have her stop the weekend warrior shit... clean up her diet... fasted cardio every day.. IMO thats all she'll need

Put her on a weight training program, moderate intensity, for 4-5 days per week

Have her do cardio 5-6 days per week to start. Have 3-4 days of HIIT and 2-3 days LISS depending on how she's recovering. No need to do it fasted as it's been shown it doesn't really matter if you do cardio in a fasted or fed state, but separating cardio from training (do them at separate times) is going to be best.

Bottom line is, she needs a good diet to follow and needs the discipline to stick to it. You can't out-train a shitty diet.

Have her bring carbs down to just around training, and the rest of her meals protein and a healthy fat with veggies to stay full.

Based on what she is eating already, I'd make her protein portions 4-4.5 oz of meat or fish for 4 meals per day (or equivalent) & she can add in a Greek yogurt with 1/2 oz almonds as a "snack" for convenience. I'd adjust fats and carb portions based on her progress

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity