over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need help with Hemoglobin/Hematocrit

AnimalNitro

Newbies
Thought i would share my situation to see if anyone with experience could offer suggestions.

In September I got my bloodwork done in week 8 of 500mg test, and got the following numbers:

HDL - 26 (>40)
LDL - 92 (<100)
Urea - 53 (10-46)
GGT - 39 (9-50)
Haemoglobin - 18.1 (14.0-18.1)
Hematocrit - 57 (38-52)
Red cell count - 6.71 (4.5-6.3)

I was very concerned and went off clean for 4 weeks, donated blood, and then got on 80mg trt and 250iu hcg 2x wk for 4 weeks. I was confident my lack of cardio/dehydration was the cause of the RBC's. My RHR was 92. I stopped being lazy and got it down to 61.

Fast forward to November got my bloodwork expecting much difference:

HDL - 37 (>40)
LDL - 95 (<100)
Urea - 41 (10-46)
GGT - 18 (9-50)
Haemoglobin - 18.2 (14.0-18.1)
Hematocrit - 54.8 (38-52)
Red cell count - 6.69
(4.5-6.3)
Total Test - 612 (241-827)
Estradiol 80 (Thought i wouldn't need AI for such low dose, but started 6.25 asin MWF now)

Was really disappointed but for the life of me can't figure out why my red bloods aren't recovering when everything else is. I can only donate every 3 months in my country so have to wait till december. But obviously there is something underlying this issue that i'm trying to figure out. Any thoughts would be appreciated..

Last edited:
Sounds like you may have polycythemia .what did your doctor say ?

I put my bet on nutrition. But also, why you went back to 80mg of test? QUIT that shit. Its hurting you. You have the evidence on paper. Only after you go totally clean for a while, organize your nutrition, get tested, make sure everything is perfect, ONLY THEN consider going back to use something for enhancement.

People use drugs, get side effects, then expect the side effects to disappear by other means, or put other drugs to counteract side effects. Thats the brainwash perpetrated by doctors. Quit the drug to begin with bro.

It appears that you have a secondary cause (potentially primary cause) of increased RBC production unrelated to erythropoietic effects from testosterone.

I'd rule out sleep apnea. Any chronic sinusitis?

Last edited:
I put my bet on nutrition. But also, why you went back to 80mg of test? QUIT that shit. Its hurting you. You have the evidence on paper. Only after you go totally clean for a while, organize your nutrition, get tested, make sure everything is perfect, ONLY THEN consider going back to use something for enhancement.

People use drugs, get side effects, then expect the side effects to disappear by other means, or put other drugs to counteract side effects. Thats the brainwash perpetrated by doctors. Quit the drug to begin with bro.

My diet is 100% on point though, haven't had anything bad in forever, greens with every meal etc. I hear you, and i have no issues going off the test, but it just seemed odd to me that a level of 612 which is normal in most adults 20-30, could be causing this while millions of others are fine. I hear you though, and i'll probably be coming off

It appears that you have a secondary cause (potentially primary cause) of increased RBC production unrelated to erythropoietic effects from testosterone.

I'd rule out sleep apnea. Any chronic sinusitis?

I've been thinking about sleep apnea as well although i rarely snore and am not big at all. No sinusitis as well. Been thinking about getting some IP6.

Have you used or been using melanotan 2?

No sir.

Last edited:
To the original poster: I suggest you get your iron factors tested, namely, iron, ferritin, TIBC, saturation % and even possibly a gene test for hemochromatosis.

I had the same kind of results as you. My doc suspected there was an iron problem and had all of the factors tested along with the genetic test. Turns out I have 1 out of 2 possible bad genes and am a carrier of hemochromatosis (which is a genetic disease that causes you to keep iron in the body). 2% of carriers actually get the condition, and I happened to be in the "lucky" 2% so I have it. If you have 2 bad genes then you're guaranteed to have it. The only treatment for this condition is to have phlebotomies done until the count goes down. I initially had to have a full 600ml of blood taken out every other week for 3 months until everything had come down, iron, RBC, hemoglobin, and hematocrit. And I don't have it that bad. Some people have to do it every week. I still have to have periodic phlebotomies every 4-6 weeks to keep it under control.

Obviously, testosterone and other AAS will aggravate the condition because of erythropoietic effects if you go on a cycle. I've been on TRT for 17 years, and I have to stay on it. I just have to be careful of what I use if I go on cycle. Equipoise is out of the question for me. If your testosterone levels are only in the 600s then I highly doubt that you need to go off of it. I would hope that if you are diagnosed with hemochromatosis that you would be allowed to donate more often or get medical phlebotomies since it's a real health issue. If left untreated, this disease can kill you before you reach your 60s.

To the original poster: I suggest you get your iron factors tested, namely, iron, ferritin, TIBC, saturation % and even possibly a gene test for hemochromatosis.

I had the same kind of results as you. My doc suspected there was an iron problem and had all of the factors tested along with the genetic test. Turns out I have 1 out of 2 possible bad genes and am a carrier of hemochromatosis (which is a genetic disease that causes you to keep iron in the body). 2% of carriers actually get the condition, and I happened to be in the "lucky" 2% so I have it. If you have 2 bad genes then you're guaranteed to have it. The only treatment for this condition is to have phlebotomies done until the count goes down. I initially had to have a full 600ml of blood taken out every other week for 3 months until everything had come down, iron, RBC, hemoglobin, and hematocrit. And I don't have it that bad. Some people have to do it every week. I still have to have periodic phlebotomies every 4-6 weeks to keep it under control.

Obviously, testosterone and other AAS will aggravate the condition because of erythropoietic effects if you go on a cycle. I've been on TRT for 17 years, and I have to stay on it. I just have to be careful of what I use if I go on cycle. Equipoise is out of the question for me. If your testosterone levels are only in the 600s then I highly doubt that you need to go off of it. I would hope that if you are diagnosed with hemochromatosis that you would be allowed to donate more often or get medical phlebotomies since it's a real health issue. If left untreated, this disease can kill you before you reach your 60s.

Thank you for this. I'm setting up an appointment with a hematologist for this. Do you have any experience with supplements like IP6 which supposedly lower your iron stores?

Thought i would share my situation to see if anyone with experience could offer suggestions.

In September I got my bloodwork done in week 8 of 500mg test, and got the following numbers:

HDL - 26 (>40)

LDL - 92 (<100)

Urea - 53 (10-46)

GGT - 39 (9-50)

Hematocrit - 57 (38-52)

I was very concerned and went off clean for 4 weeks, donated blood, and then got on 80mg trt and 250iu hcg 2x wk for 4 weeks. I was confident my lack of cardio/dehydration was the cause of the RBC's. My RHR was 92. I stopped being lazy and got it down to 61.

HDL - 37 (>40)

LDL - 95 (<100)

Urea - 41 (10-46)

GGT - 18 (9-50)

Red cell count - 6.69
(4.5-6.3)

Estradiol 80 (Thought i wouldn't need AI for such low dose, but started 6.25 asin MWF now)

Was really disappointed but for the life of me can't figure out why my red bloods aren't recovering when everything else is. I can only donate every 3 months in my country so have to wait till december. But obviously there is something underlying this issue that i'm trying to figure out. Any thoughts would be appreciated..[/

How's ur sleep. Sleep apnea?

110% or expect to regret it!

HDL - 26 (>40)

LDL - 92 (<100)

Urea - 53 (10-46)

GGT - 39 (9-50)

Hematocrit - 57 (38-52)

HDL - 37 (>40)

LDL - 95 (<100)

Urea - 41 (10-46)

GGT - 18 (9-50)

Red cell count - 6.69
(4.5-6.3)

Was really disappointed but for the life of me can't figure out why my red bloods aren't recovering when everything else is. I can only donate every 3 months in my country so have to wait till december. But obviously there is something underlying this issue that i'm trying to figure out. Any thoughts would be appreciated..

How's ur sleep. Sleep apnea?

My sleep isn't the best but i really doubt its sleep apnea, as i dont snore at all, i'm pretty light, and i don't really have all the risk factors/symptoms. But if it turns out my iron/ferritin is not the cause i will have to explore this

What does low MCV and MCH indicate when my hematocrit is high? My doc said it could be anemia but never spoke to me about it again.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My sleep isn't the best but i really doubt its sleep apnea, as i dont snore at all, i'm pretty light, and i don't really have all the risk factors/symptoms. But if it turns out my iron/ferritin is not the cause i will have to explore this

Wife would definitely know if u did. It freaked mine out before I took care of it. My bp was up. Along thick ass blood. Good luck man.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner