over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need help with leg training ideas - keep suffering stress fractures

my opinion is just do what hasnt caused issues.. i know there are exercises you want to perform.. but if they cause issues in the past dont do them.. play it safe.. use the exercises that havenet been a issue and do them intense.. it might get boring but its better than taking two steps forward only to get one step back by injury.. i have issues with my shoulders.. am limited to the xercises i do.. but i do whjat i can intensely and am just grateful to be able to do that..

I think there has been some good advice in here overall. It sounds like you have no plans throwing in the towel. I feel you there. I would be devastated because you know know the doc will tell you to stop. Have you tried higher reps? Maybe that and the addition of bands would be less stress on your bones.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I can see some of the other posters perspectives but the wording to me is just plain wrong and quite rude. Your story is inspiring and your attitude is great so don't let anyone get to you. But at the same time you need to be more sensible and not overdo things (easier said than done). My injuries are 1% of yours but even I know I can't ever do freeweight barbell rows ever again. It's just stupid me even trying it after re-injuring my lower back about 10 times. Plus I can still get results using chest supported rows and 101 other things.

I would simply stop doing what is causing you to get injured. Although the movement may still be ok if you do the band thing but lower the weight. You need to have a max weight in mind and you can't go over it no matter how easy it feels. You know yourself if you start upping the weight it will simply happen again. If it happens again even with the lighter weight then you know squats are not for you. Perhaps building your legs loads is not on the cards for you but you can still maintain and even improve the overall look just not add inches. Only time will tell though.

What about movements such as horizontal leg press? I done these before and I could barely walk out the gym and I know my knees will be fine in the morning. They are safer but sure less effective than other movements but they could still work to your advantage. Foot placement is key though... I ususally have them about centre but with my feet close together for mosts ets. Obviously if I want to work more glutes and hams the feet go higher. Putting them lower just puts unnecessary tension on my knees.

I imagine you are lean now so that is another factor. During contest preps you may be best going much higher in reps, lower in weight and slower in rep speed. Good luck and I hope you recover fast.

Just a suggestion regarding training. Squats seem to be questionable so maybe lay off of them. What would you think about high volume moderate weight super sets. I'm thinking 10 sets of leg curls super setted with 10 sets of leg presses for 20 reps leg curl and 30 reps leg press. Being somewhat older now ( 62 ) I love this type of work out and thought maybe with your bone condition it might work.

I think there has been some good advice in here overall. It sounds like you have no plans throwing in the towel. I feel you there. I would be devastated because you know know the doc will tell you to stop. Have you tried higher reps? Maybe that and the addition of bands would be less stress on your bones.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Oddly enough I have never had a doctor in my adult years when seen say for echocardiograms say anything about working out. They just are amazed I can even do it because of what "textbook" usually tells them I am often told. I really am kind of just doing a guessing game and so far have been lucky. I am going to try banded stuff for sure. I never really thought about bands in my training. I need to delve into reading up on them more and such.

I can see some of the other posters perspectives but the wording to me is just plain wrong and quite rude. Your story is inspiring and your attitude is great so don't let anyone get to you. But at the same time you need to be more sensible and not overdo things (easier said than done). My injuries are 1% of yours but even I know I can't ever do freeweight barbell rows ever again. It's just stupid me even trying it after re-injuring my lower back about 10 times. Plus I can still get results using chest supported rows and 101 other things.

I would simply stop doing what is causing you to get injured. Although the movement may still be ok if you do the band thing but lower the weight. You need to have a max weight in mind and you can't go over it no matter how easy it feels. You know yourself if you start upping the weight it will simply happen again. If it happens again even with the lighter weight then you know squats are not for you. Perhaps building your legs loads is not on the cards for you but you can still maintain and even improve the overall look just not add inches. Only time will tell though.

What about movements such as horizontal leg press? I done these before and I could barely walk out the gym and I know my knees will be fine in the morning. They are safer but sure less effective than other movements but they could still work to your advantage. Foot placement is key though... I ususally have them about centre but with my feet close together for mosts ets. Obviously if I want to work more glutes and hams the feet go higher. Putting them lower just puts unnecessary tension on my knees.

I imagine you are lean now so that is another factor. During contest preps you may be best going much higher in reps, lower in weight and slower in rep speed. Good luck and I hope you recover fast.

Thanks my man :) I am going to sit down post show and really just try different things. I have to just figure out ways to get the job done on what I know is usually best. I have a horizontal leg press and have always just kind of shunned I guess, but I will try it this week if I can. From now on it's just do what I can till it is healed.

Well today I was squatting 225 for rep 9 on set 4 came up and my right femur went pop. Now most of you all know I have a generic brittle bone disease and have had 18 surgeries to walk. Every few months I get injured and it's a restart for another few weeks. I can walk it just isn't the most comfortable Thing. I am 3 and 4 weeks out. I am going to go over my current work out below and hopefully figure out something. I am very frustrated. I do not get discouraged but when your legs are holding you back on stage it's tough not with every injury to go fuck. I am hoping I can get some good views or things to try. I really just want to get my legs bigger and stay injury free so I am open to anything. This offseason I thought about legs 3 times a week. Low volume and playing with different things, but if some of you all have had great results with that I am open to whatever basically. I do quads Monday and hams Thursday. The quad workout is usually where I get hurt.

Monday: quads
3 sets of 10 lying leg curl to get the blood going. Failing at 90lbs on each of my 3 sets. Usually rep 10 on set 3 is a partial rep just to make sure I am wiped.

adductor: 3 sets of 15 heavy. I can go heavy here due to the safety of the machine. I am on set 3 usually using my hands to get the last two to three reps.

Leg extension: 3 sets of 25 (probably 5 left in the tank)
Hack squat 3 sets of 15 to 20. Just depends on what my bones say.
Squats. I was trying free bar but getting discouraged. I just don't feel them in my legs. Mostly butt and back overload. I was doing smith squats today and it went pop

Leg press - 3 sets of 50. Usually exhausted here.

I am fresh out of ideas. More sets maybe? Just all leg press leg extensions?

Help :(

There are eight different types of OI, what type are you?

There are eight different types of OI, what type are you?

Type 4. My youngest son as well. Oddly enough one of the 3 known type 8 - Confirmed, I do fundraisers for his family. He is a local kid. It is impressive all he can do considering all he has endured. He was the first person I ever met with oi. I went 33 years before meeting anyone with it.

I applaud you for doing what you love when you know there's a big hold back.. But I also think injuring yourself is a bad idea. Bodybuilding is great if done safely and for your case; you're being so reckless

Bone brittleness is often a collagen deficiency too, which supports the mineral matrix.
ostrazine and anavar can help toughen bones. And the only respectable choice for calcium is MCHC, at it is a complete concentrate. carbonate can weaken them as will low Vit D.

Congrats for being either stupid or driven( which ever it is LOL). I think I would drop the free squats and smith squats and perhaps switch to a machine hack and machine front squat work out with a similar protocol as the leg press of multiple sets of high reps using a weight that will stress the muscle rather than straining the bone strength. Just a suggestions. Good luck in finding a happy medium.

For a short time i was doing 5 minutes of HIIT on the bike then hitting leg extensions for 15 reps one minute rest. It was pretty brutal for such easy movements.

HIIT on the bike was 50 seconds moderate pace, then 10 seconds all out with increase in level.

Type 4. My youngest son as well. Oddly enough one of the 3 known type 8 - Confirmed, I do fundraisers for his family. He is a local kid. It is impressive all he can do considering all he has endured. He was the first person I ever met with oi. I went 33 years before meeting anyone with it.

Check your PM.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity