over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need help with my thryoid

OK, so then your doctor's response to low serum free T4 is to lower the T4 dose? That's... interesting.
That is what I thought Jeff. Should I email her and ask for her reasoning? There wasn't one given in the email telling me we were lowering the dose of Armour.

I ordered the saliva test on my own since none of the 100 doctors I saw thought to suggest that. I do have a new doctor now who specializes in adrenal issues that I brought the tests to (the one who prescribed a little T3). He didn't recommend hydrocortisone for me after I asked. Wanted me on a full adrenal glandular product (which I was using but then went back to Thorne Ace after doing some research bc I didn't want the adrenaline). He does not think that I have Addisons. I am following up with him in two weeks after getting a major set of bloodwork yesterday (they drew at least 10 vials of blood). You're right that I am not deficient in any micronutrients since I had them checked 2 months ago.

Is Addisons something you can develop in your 30s? Remember these symptoms only began just under two years ago. My free T3 was higher in my mid 20s, for what its worth.

I have HC (hydrocortisone) on hand, but gathering info before I make a move and use it on my own accord. I have been browsing a few facebook groups with HC dosing info based on people's results. So I have an idea how I'd be supposed to take it if I fail to get proper doctor's supervision.

Getting a precise diagnosis is easier said than done as it's rare that I find a doctor who is truly experienced with adrenals. I'm hoping my current one knows what he is doing since I did some research before using him (out of pocket), but he isn't going to change anything until he sees my new set of labs in two weeks. I will suggest an ACTH stimulation test and abdominal imaging when I see him. If I don't think he is steering me in the proper direction and I don't feel any better, I will have to find someone else (again).
Onset with Addison's is typically between 30 and 50. But maybe there's some detail I'm missing that makes it unlikely. Hopefully this doc will figure it out, keep us posted!

That is what I thought Jeff. Should I email her and ask for her reasoning? There wasn't one given in the email telling me we were lowering the dose of Armour.
Maybe she figures that reducing the t3 dose will decrease suppression and thereby increase natural t4 production. I don't think that's gonna be enough to even compensate for the decrease in the t4 dose though. So likely, your free t4 will decrease further. She might also think that t4 is irrelevant, which I disagree with. You might wanna talk to her in case you feel worse on the new dose, or once new blood work shows unacceptably low free T4 levels.

Onset with Addison's is typically between 30 and 50. But maybe there's some detail I'm missing that makes it unlikely. Hopefully this doc will figure it out, keep us posted!

Thanks Jeff. I am really not sure how this happened to me. Whether it was too much caffeine, adaptogens, phlebotomies, heart surgery, or intensive exercise, the possibilities are endless. I remember my free T3 being as low as 1.75 after heart surgery 5 1/2 years ago and i can’t help but wonder if that might have planted a seed. I probably will have to take HC.

Came across an interesting paper on the importance of T4, here's a short excerpt.

Indeed the primary TH crossing the adult blood–brain barrier (BBB) is believed to be T4; therefore, the adult brain may have access to sufficiently high levels of T4 to allow for direct binding to and transcriptional activation of TRs (18, 19). In fact, we know that both T4 and T3 binding by TRs lead to very similar structural changes in the receptor (12). Several reports have also shown that T4 exhibits non-genomic effects by interacting with integrin cell membrane receptors (20). These studies suggest that T4 may exhibit a greater role in physiology than merely acting as a pro-hormone. Therefore, the precise role of T4 as a pro-hormone and whether T4 might function directly as an active hormone in the CNS, remain incompletely answered questions.

Interesting rat study showing that t4 only does not supply t3 to all tissues.

Interesting rat study showing that t4 only does not supply t3 to all tissues.

Simple solution, doctors need to be educated on bio-identicals like Naturethroid and Armour Thyroid that contain both T4 and T3 along with T2 and T1. When you can replicate nature and give the body what its meant to have; there is no reason not to.

Dr. Serrano is in Ohio, a state far away from me that I have never been in my life.

Dante responded to my hematocrit problems, NOT thyroid problems. If you really think you're qualified to play armchair psychologist, at least bring facts to the table.

I live in a state where we are not legally able to get bloodwork without a prescription, meaning Direct Labs isn't an option. Do you have any idea how difficult that makes it for people like myself who need to have labs as often as possible?

Did you miss the part about my endo firing me as a patient because I told him I started taking thyroid meds? Or the fact I have an appointment with a new one next week to get the help/labs I desperately need

Stay in your lane and worry about your own problems.
Are you from NY? It never trying to morning bloods and how hard it was to drive to Jersey when I coudknt keep my eyes open with out adderal

I used to get tired and still do from t3. It feel like sugar isn’t making into the c from lack of cortisol. I have nodules but decent number thst I don’t remember. My tsh creepss past 2 and i take like one kelp a week or t3 and it makes feel super sleepy and week like it’s binding to all my cortisol. What would be the conversion of thyroid grain be In order to compare to 25 mcg t3. Or 25 mcg t4. Thanks.

Simple solution, doctors need to be educated on bio-identicals like Naturethroid and Armour Thyroid that contain both T4 and T3 along with T2 and T1. When you can replicate nature and give the body what its meant to have; there is no reason not to.
I agree with this but I am done with Armour Thyroid. They had another huge recall and I feel like shit half the time. The batches I have been using were in both recalls. I should make it clear, both recalls were for NP Thyroid (generic) which is what I took for the past few years. Last Friday I started Snthyroid and I think I am starting to feel more normal. Regular energy and thinking clearer. If anything it fucked with my thinking the most but have also felt tired for weeks.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws