over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need some tips for final week prep

NY Muscle

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Now first off let's get it out of the way that I'm not dieting for a show but a bunch of us are going to Florida and I'm down 20lbs and feel and look rather awesome except for the fucking low carbs and dragging my ass all day. Had to buy all new pants and underwear cause they keep falling off me lol. So need advice for the next week or 2 food choices. Going to Florida this Sunday for a week.

I just want to slowly add carbs back in to refill glycogen and look good. I know when you guys comepete you really don't care how you look the day after the show so I want to not go overboard and be able to maintain a good look all week not just for one day.

I'm pretty much eliminating my eggs whites post fasted AM cardio on workout days and replacing it with oatmeal as a start. I'm thinking probably just add carbs in my first 2 meals and some fruit during the day and taper down so dinner is rather low to no carbs.

I still have my intra carb shake on workout days and will do that in the morning at the gym in Florida as well. 3 to 4 days I'll hit the gym. Probably do no cardio all week that I'm on vacation and I've been doing cardio for 3 months 6 to 7 days a week as an fyi.

But I'm not the expert with this part of the diet so I'm open to any and all ideas.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I havent eatten fruits since I started bbing unless it was a cheat meal on a bulk.. So I can't say wether its a good idea to have some or not with your goal. If its worked for you in the past of course do it. Only thing I have to ask is, why completely eliminate the egg whites from your breakfast? I deffinetly agree with adding in the oats but why eliminate protein?

If you want to loose a bit more fat continue fasted cardio am and the low carbs (maybe even lower them if you feel necessary) deplete yourself and then carb up the last 3 days before. Not sure if you need to go to this extreme though

Last edited:
Just back from st petes beach last friday. Sounds like you have it covered.
I did mt2 and tanned a few times to need no break in for the fla sun.
where ya headed in fla? Thx T

I havent eatten fruits since I started bbing unless it was a cheat meal on a bulk.. So I can't say wether its a good idea to have some or not with your goal. If its worked for you in the past of course do it. Only thing I have to ask is, why completely eliminate the egg whites from your breakfast? I deffinetly agree with adding in the oats but why eliminate protein?

If you want to loose a bit more fat continue fasted cardio am and the low carbs (maybe even lower them if you feel necessary) deplete yourself and then carb up the last 3 days before. Not sure if you need to go to this extreme though

Thanks. I add my whey isolate to the oats. Goes down so easy mixed in. But yeah not eliminating protein I just love the taste mixed in and with a tiny slab of almond butter.

I'm not sure if I can deplete anymore I'm dragging ass. I'd rather just do lower intensity cardio and up fat and protein no carbs or just keep fat low still. Then maybe start eating carbs for a few meals each day 2 days before and the whole week on vacation.

I find if I eat more carbs lower the protein and fat but keep cals the same I look real good and leaner and more vascular. I can't go overboard so just protein later in the day.

Just back from st petes beach last friday. Sounds like you have it covered.
I did mt2 and tanned a few times to need no break in for the fla sun.
where ya headed in fla? Thx T

Yeah I'm fair skin so been tanning for a few weeks now getting ready lol. Will be in port st lucie. Family and friends down there bunch of us going. Got the free pass to LA Fitness already. Love that place lol.

Once you are that lean, I find it very hard to get fat.....now, if you binge for days on end, you'll bloat up with water...but if you just eat kind of normal...you'll find you look better and feel better too.....i'm not a fan of low carb diets anymore.

Once you are that lean, I find it very hard to get fat.....now, if you binge for days on end, you'll bloat up with water...but if you just eat kind of normal...you'll find you look better and feel better too.....i'm not a fan of low carb diets anymore.

Yup. Normal eating and no late night eating and I always look better. I may throw in some glycerol too.

I would keep your diet similar to what it is now and allow some flexible in there. If your on vacation though why not enjoy yourself and let your hair down and guard down on the diet, you're not doing a compeition, and live it up within reason of course

how long have you been dieting for? My last contest I lost twenty pounds in sixteen weeks and did it slowly, except toward the end, and last week when I dropped five pounds in a week or three days-I forget , restricted water (no duretics)

anyways something Arnold say it his modern bb encylo on contest prep, is keep it simple, if youve been dieting hard for 12-16 weeks, take it easy the last week and introduce foods , and youll refill glycogen stores , and feel much better from the dragging draining energy that hard dieting causes

Last edited:
I would keep your diet similar to what it is now and allow some flexible in there. If your on vacation though why not enjoy yourself and let your hair down and guard down on the diet, you're not doing a compeition, and live it up within reason of course

how long have you been dieting for? My last contest I lost twenty pounds in sixteen weeks and did it slowly, except toward the end, and last week when I dropped five pounds in a week or three days-I forget , restricted water (no duretics)

anyways something Arnold say it his modern bb encylo on contest prep, is keep it simple, if youve been dieting hard for 12-16 weeks, take it easy the last week and introduce foods , and youll refill glycogen stores , and feel much better from the dragging draining energy that hard dieting causes

Dieting about 12 to 14 weeks. But yeah I'm taking it easy and slowly adding in the carbs.

Dieting about 12 to 14 weeks. But yeah I'm taking it easy and slowly adding in the carbs.

yeah your going to look close to what you do now with a lil fullness im guessing.

where are you going? do you take vacations a lot?

are you going down with your girl? or single and plan on having some fun with a beach girl if the opportunity presents itself?

Im 33 , almost 34, and I was bodybuilding when I went down to panama city beach in 2008, at 26 with some 21 year olds. I met one other bodybuilder he was 28 at the time, and it was good to met someone with something in common. The maturity level was so different, staying with these 21 year olds, well two were 21, one was 19- guys for a week. It was uncontrolablly wild and I felt out of place, even though I did party some. The kids on spring break and ignorant, thy're diet is alcohol, maybe one meal a day at most, molly- mixed shit-they dont test there stuff and scumbag drug dealers that dnt do quality control testing and suchcome down and take advantage and sell bunk and these young party goes are so ignorant it saddens me.

I just watched a spring break special on yahoo internet channel just now and this reminded me of this

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting