advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need the easiest to digest and absorb protien for a cancer patient.

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My mother has some cancerous tumors and is undergoing treatment for them but is on very high dose pain killers and that killing her apatite which has resulted "Hypoalbuminemia" (low albumin from malnutrition).

She had a lung resection Tuesday morning to remover several tumors and Thursday had some rods put in her back bridging T6-T10 due to T8 being destroyed by a tumor. The pain from the spine has been persistent for the last 4 weeks and has resulted in her being on 40mg oral time released morphine every 12 hrs and Percocet between as needed. Since this all started her nutrition has gone to shit from stress , lack of apatite and poor digestion from the pain meds. Well Friday after having a long drawn out argument with a retarded "hospital dietitian" and two ignorant nurses I took it upon myself to give her some LBA's mixed with water rather than the Ensure the dietitian swore she needed which gave her terrible gas leading to more use of the Dilaudid PCA!!
After consulting with her cardiologist who is the same one that tracks my labs her oral morphinine was brought to 20mg every 6hrs which has eliminated the need for the PCA and pretty much the percocet. She has been drinking 8 oz LBA's a day mixed with various fruit and vegetable juices and her blood work seems to be getting MUCH better.

Now for the question. She is scheduled to start chemo in 3 weeks and this will certainly kill her apatite so she is going to need a quality protein supplement she can use that will be easly absorbed and digested , I only have 10 bottles of LBA's left so I need to find something to use when that runs out.
My first guess would be high grade whey isolate but if their is anything else out their that will work better i'd like to know.

Sorry to hear this. Look into Spirulina.

**broken link removed**

Genesis Today Protein 100

**broken link removed**

and/or Raw Colostrum from Pasture Raised.

**broken link removed**

Damn GS

sorry to hear that, wish I could help but hopefully the 2 before me will be of some help to her.

Sorry to hear about your mom. I'm a 35 year old cancer survivor. Had it twice actually. Chemo sucks. I had a ton of digestive problems on chemo. I tried to start out eating healthy high calorie density foods but in the end you just eat what you feel like. Somedays thats nothing and other days thats pizza. I had digestive problems from the throat to the asshole. Chemo stops all cell division so if you have a sore ass its gonna be sore for a long time so get some baby wipes. Its really important to drink a lot of water. Its also important for your mom to avoid an infection. She should know what her temp is at all times and write it down.

This is going to sound funny but when I got cancer I started listening to mercola.com and I remember he has articles on whey protein for cancer patients. Anyways I think he has some good things to say.

Also I wonder if John Meadows could help you out? The guy seems to know everything about protein.

Last edited:
Thanks for the well wishes everybody , she is actually pretty positive about it. The only tumor is the one on her spine and one on her adrenal gland which the oncologist is pretty confident that they can kill it as its a large cell type cancer.

She has tasted some of the whey I use to get from True Protein and liked it so that may be a route as well as the Synthetek brand here that's unflavored.

Defiantly gonna check into the two links above. I do heavily believe in a lot of natural and eastern medicine working as well of better than some of the chemicals that we are force fed here in the US.

I've also been reading some that says when the body has a slightly higher PH that it is far more difficult for cancer cells to grow than if the body's PH is in a more acidic stated granted we are talking fractions of a point above or below a neutral PH

that sucks man I'm sorry to hear that :(

Maybe you could find her something without artificial sweeteners in it though??? The LBAs have some nasty artificial sweeteners in them and it looks like the coloring they use are not very natural either (the lime certainly looked unnatural!).

I'm sure it healthier for a cancer patient to eat natural foods and natural supplements.

Maybe a pure milk protein from grassfed raw milk?

Sorry to hear bro..wishing your family the best

If she can handle the whey. And likes it I would stick with that. ..if she can't digest it I would just use some EAA for now. I would get a juicer. Kale, red shard, sweet potatoes carrots. You can load her up with easy to digest nutrients. If you want some good recipes pm me.

My prayers are with you and your mother GS!

Check with Phil and Emeric. They have a great micillar casien that was developed for this type of use in hospitals It will be available Thursday.

Emeric has some other products to help with cancer.

Postitive thoughts!

Renew

I wouldn't give her more than 5g-10g of whey at one time, any more and you could be looking at kidney stress, remember whey digests much, much faster than real food. Personally I think 5g at a time with other foods would be more than enough.

You may want to look into Humapro specifically or other EAA formulations.

Hey Gun!

First, both You and Your Mom have just been added to my daily
prayer list. Life throws us some nasty stuff. Stuff that only He
can heal! But there are things that we can do ourselves that can definitely help.​

When you guys have the opportunity, I suggest watching
the DVD - Forks Over Knives by Dr. Esselstein. And if you have the
time, I would read The China Study (especially the first 3 chapters).
I have a few copies of each but have loaned them out to several people.
If I had copies, I'd mail them to you. But you can order both on ebay
for $20ish.

The info on both will amaze anyone who reads/watches them. I am alive today because of them.

The basic message, proven by years of trial studies and research is that animal proteins, which include Whey, actually feed cancer cells to grow.

Animal proteins all contribute to CHD as well.

I know that concept is difficult for all of us to understand and believe, especially since we all are into bodybuilding and fitness​

TN makes several Vegan Protein Blends. I like the Tri-Blend,
which is Hemp, Pea Isolate and Rice Protein. They digest very easily.

Peace,

-MT

Pro-Stat??

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Stat-Liquid-Protein-Formula-Cherry/dp/B000WHCUNG"]Amazon.com: Pro-Stat 64 Liquid Protein Formula, Wild Cherry Punch - 30 oz. Bottle: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31JIrSRvbeL.@@AMEPARAM@@31JIrSRvbeL[/ame]

??

Thanks for the well wishes everybody , she is actually pretty positive about it. The only tumor is the one on her spine and one on her adrenal gland which the oncologist is pretty confident that they can kill it as its a large cell type cancer.

She has tasted some of the whey I use to get from True Protein and liked it so that may be a route as well as the Synthetek brand here that's unflavored.
Defiantly gonna check into the two links above. I do heavily believe in a lot of natural and eastern medicine working as well of better than some of the chemicals that we are force fed here in the US.

I've also been reading some that says when the body has a slightly higher PH that it is far more difficult for cancer cells to grow than if the body's PH is in a more acidic stated granted we are talking fractions of a point above or below a neutral PH

Bro, I have tons of recipe in the recipe thread for Synthetek which you can add wonderful flavours. I wish your friend for a speedy recovery.

First, both You and Your Mom have just been added to my daily
prayer list. Life throws us some nasty stuff. Stuff that only He
can heal! But there are things that we can do ourselves that can definitely help.​

When you guys have the opportunity, I suggest watching
the DVD - Forks Over Knives by Dr. Esselstein. And if you have the
time, I would read The China Study (especially the first 3 chapters).
I have a few copies of each but have loaned them out to several people.
If I had copies, I'd mail them to you. But you can order both on ebay
for $20ish.

The info on both will amaze anyone who reads/watches them. I am alive today because of them.

The basic message, proven by years of trial studies and research is that animal proteins, which include Whey, actually feed cancer cells to grow.

Animal proteins all contribute to CHD as well.

I know that concept is difficult for all of us to understand and believe, especially since we all are into bodybuilding and fitness​

TN makes several Vegan Protein Blends. I like the Tri-Blend,
which is Hemp, Pea Isolate and Rice Protein. They digest very easily.

Peace,

-MT

These are also on Netflix

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar