over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need tips for strengthening the QUADS due to knee injury

PresidenteSocram

Newbies
Hello-

I'm hoping to get some advice, tips and exercises examples for strengthening my quads. I used to be a professional soccer player and I'm still active at 43.

Two weeks ago during a soccer game I re-injured my left knee, which back in 2002 I've had ACL reconstructive surgery on. I was 110% sure I would require surgery again, but was very pleased when an MRI revealed only a slightly torn meniscus, and subsequently my orthopedic surgeon stated that I only needed to strengthen my quads to better stabilize my knee. In the end she needs me to play soccer again and report back on knee stability to see if she'll need to arthroscopically go in there and scope out my meniscus.

So, any tips and help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Foam roll the fuck out of your I.T.B as often as possible. And work on your preterbment. Light stretching lots of it. Iv had ACL grafts on both knees and and an LCL/MCL as well. 100% recovery on all of them to date. Rehab rehab and more rehab. Took me 9-11 months of everyday rehab on all of them working my ass off to get it all back. I did no weight lifting until the majority of muscle atrophy was gone. Literally hundreds of hours riding the stationary bike makes the most difference from what I learned. I can send you my rehab protocols that worked well. I documented everything I did as I assumed it would end up happening again. 9 years later I'm still going strong. DO NOT use testosterone at more than an HRT dose until your muscles are mostly returned. It can rupture your graft because it makes it brittle. It takes Minimum 9 months for that graft to become strong. Iv seen the science and am living proof. I used 1-2 iu of hgh on the last surgery and with my distal biceps reconstruction a few years ago and it did seem to help the healing process a lot. Be as aggressive as possible with your rehab and it will pay off. Rehabbing my knees was done of the most painfull demoralizing shit iv experienced in my life but refused to believe I'd have any limitations after I recovered. But it can most definitely happen if you put your heart into it! Positive mental attitude is very important.

Last edited:
Alzadosghost:

Thanks for the encouraging words!

I still remembered what a PITA the rehab from my ACL reconstructive surgery in 2002 was like, so I was really glad to hear my doc say I didn't require surgery.

I was going to add some HGH this time around; where did you shoot it? IQ or right on spot?

I believe hgh is systemic. Iv tried it all different ways and it dosnt seem to matter where or how you put it. I use 31guage 1/2 inch and do I'm in my quads delta and chest. It all seems the same to be honest

It's just kind of whatever floats your boat with hgh. Do what's convenient painless and cheap

bpc-157 or tb500 or both could be really beneficial for helping heal this as well

Most people leave out one thing about knee injuries and we try to strengthen quads! I found out few years ago that my knee injuries were results of muscular imbalance in hamstrings! Your hamstring actually wraps around to front of leg just below knee, which hyper extends you knee causing it to grind and sometimes inflamed! The last two years I have put more work on hamstrings,glutes and calves, while still giving quads their attention! Knee pain is gone and legs strength has almost doubled on squats and leg presses! Low back pain from squats has also went away

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws