YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Needing to switch carb sources every 6 weeks???

StevenGFH

Registered
I am type 1 Diabetic. Under good control. I monitor everything closely but I noticed something odd, I cannot explain it.

I have to go back and forth from carb sources of mainly fruit, to mainly starches.

I love the "fruit" diet. I feel great, use less insulin. But after about 6 weeks, my sugars go out of whack. And I have to start using more insulin. I know that fructose can lead to insulin resistance, so I figured that may be it....

but the same happens with starches. I will switch over to that for about 6 weeks and again, my sugars go higher, and I need to use more insulin.

It is really odd, I can't think of an explanation for it. It is like my body gets used to the carb source, and isn't as efficient with it as it was.

I do not mind switching every 6 weeks or so, but I was wondering if anyone may know why?

I am not a diabetic but I eat fruits only monday-friday and on the weekends I eat starches only. Perhaps that might be worth trying?

I am not a diabetic but I eat fruits only monday-friday and on the weekends I eat starches only. Perhaps that might be worth trying?

Yea I was thinking of maybe trying that out.

^^Yes, okay!...carb-up the muscle.

Steve, AND Ness.......use starches ONLY post workout, maybe 3-4 hours.......then go back to our fruits/veggies......try that.

basically what I do when eating mainly fruits. Post workout I will have some yams or something.

But the rest of the day is all screwed.

I will just have to rotate every so many weeks I guess

Hey StevenGFH, Do you have any experience with LBAs? I am cuprous how they affect blood sugar, or if you have tried using them without other carb sources. I understand there is not an immediate spike in blood sugar. Does it rise slowly over a few hours or stay completely stable. As a diabetic I was hoping you might be able to comment on this. -thanks

Can you give an example of what carb sources you eat at what times and how much you eat at each meal?

Hey StevenGFH, Do you have any experience with LBAs? I am cuprous how they affect blood sugar, or if you have tried using them without other carb sources. I understand there is not an immediate spike in blood sugar. Does it rise slowly over a few hours or stay completely stable. As a diabetic I was hoping you might be able to comment on this. -thanks

There's is a thread on this, guy took his blood/sugar readings before and after and monitored it in the hours after, it's close to the same as eating a whole protein source such a a steak or chicken breast

I am type 1 Diabetic. Under good control. I monitor everything closely but I noticed something odd, I cannot explain it.

I have to go back and forth from carb sources of mainly fruit, to mainly starches.

I love the "fruit" diet. I feel great, use less insulin. But after about 6 weeks, my sugars go out of whack. And I have to start using more insulin. I know that fructose can lead to insulin resistance, so I figured that may be it....

but the same happens with starches. I will switch over to that for about 6 weeks and again, my sugars go higher, and I need to use more insulin.

It is really odd, I can't think of an explanation for it. It is like my body gets used to the carb source, and isn't as efficient with it as it was.

I do not mind switching every 6 weeks or so, but I was wondering if anyone may know why?
I'm not diabetic but I have terrible blood sugar/blood insulin "control" (or lack thereof). Over the years, I've tried just about every diet in the book - from a 100% raw-food diet to a near 0% carb diet and everything in between. Aside from the obvious, (i.e. avoiding refined/heavily processed/S.A.D. foods), nothing has helped, diet wise; and not much has helped in the way of supplements/natural remedies.

However, the ONE thing that's made a huge difference is the med Acarbose (aka Glucobay; aka Precose). It's an inhibitor of the enzyme alpha-glucosidase, which slows the absorption of carbs, thereby slowing the rate of increase in blood sugar. Several studies have shown this med to be helfpul for Type I diabetics by smoothing out fluctuations in blood sugar. In one study, (Acarbose in the treatment of type I diabetes.), acarbose administration to Type 1 diabetics resulted in a mean reduction of blood glucose by 59 mg/dl, 60 min postprandially.

Can you give an example of what carb sources you eat at what times and how much you eat at each meal?

Well fruit for example.
Meal 1 - 2 cups of strawberries/blueberries with one banana and whey protein with some walnuts. (around 45g carb)
Meal 2 - Grass fed beef and omega eggs
Meal 3 - Chicken and 2 apples, and olive oil (around 35g carb)
Meal 4 - Greek Yogurt, LBAs, Pineapple and 2 oranges (around 50g carb)
Meal 5 (post workout) - 2 scoops WPI, 30g Waxy Maize then when I got home, 150g Yams 140g Pineapple (55g carb)
Meal 6 - Same as meal 2

For about 6 weeks that works perfect! Like for meal 4, I only need 2 units of insulin (for 50 grams that is not much at all!)

But then it just changes it is weird. I just switched back to fruits last week and has been great.

I also wear a continuous glucose monitor so I see how certain foods and supplements effect my sugars. LBAs have no effect whatsoever on my blood sugars.

Maybe someone can comment on something else for me...I have to take shots of insulin with every carb meal I have. I like to include healthy fats with my meals, I always have a hard time losing bodyfat, which i think could be because of diabetes. Could mixing meals that contain carbs with fats be bad because of the exogenous insulin? Maybe making the fats be more prone to fat storage?

I am going to try out synthetine soon, that with insulin may help a bit.

Last edited:
Well

Well fruit for example.
Meal 1 - 2 cups of strawberries/blueberries with one banana and whey protein with some walnuts. (around 45g carb)
Meal 5 (post workout) - 2 scoops WPI, 30g Waxy Maize then when I got home, 150g Yams 140g Pineapple (55g carb)
Meal 6 - Same as meal 2

For about 6 weeks that works perfect! Like for meal 4, I only need 2 units of insulin (for 50 grams that is not much at all!)

But then it just changes it is weird. I just switched back to fruits last week and has been great.

I also wear a continuous glucose monitor so I see how certain foods and supplements effect my sugars. LBAs have no effect whatsoever on my blood sugars.

Maybe someone can comment on something else for me...I have to take shots of insulin with every carb meal I have. I like to include healthy fats with my meals, I always have a hard time losing bodyfat, which i think could be because of diabetes. Could mixing meals that contain carbs with fats be bad because of the exogenous insulin? Maybe making the fats be more prone to fat storage?

I am going to try out synthetine soon, that with insulin may help a bit.

I think you are on the right track......you eat FANTASTIC, your the hardest worker at my gym.......you need your GF to invent something! ahhhahhha She is one smart gal.

Well fruit for example.
Meal 6 - Same as meal 2
yo.......that diet looks great man

lots of good shit in there

thats rare to see on here:eek:

Protein itself will rise Blood sugar on its own, wont be a huge spike but slight rise...

And yes you got a good diet,nothing wrong with it.

I think you are on the right track......you eat FANTASTIC, your the hardest worker at my gym.......you need your GF to invent something! ahhhahhha She is one smart gal.

Thanks a lot Phil! I love how I feel with the fruit. IDK maybe next time it happens, I will just load up on starches for a weekend. Then go back to fruits again.

Trial and error I guess.

I have been meaning to come back by your gym again. I wish I worked out that way!

yo.......that diet looks great man

lots of good shit in there

thats rare to see on here:eek:

Thanks, I learned it all on here. So much good info and helpful members on this forum!

could anyone comment on dietary fats around times that I have to use insulin. I use Lantus before bed and then again in the morning, and Humalog with meals containing carbs.

Would consuming a meal containing carbs and fats, lead to potential fat gain?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws