over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

needle pushing itself out ??

powerrack

Registered
Lately during my shots in my quads or side delts, after I am done the shot, the needle seems to want to come out of of my quad or side delt by itself. I use a 1 inch 25 guage, and am not shooting huge volumes at a time, usually 0.5 cc to 0.7cc in each quad or side delt. Only things I can think of is possibly I accidently tense up the muscle that may cause this. Does this happen to any of you?

My frequency of shooting in these areas are once very 7-10 days.

Thanks for any feedback.

I've had a tendency to push with my thumb and pull the syringe with my fingers at the same time and the next thing i knew the needle was just barely in...maybe you're doing that.

Sounds like you are tensing that muscle.

It's probably the tensing b/c it's more of a forceful push out of the area where I am injecting. Any tricks on staying more relaxed, I know for glutes I'd always turn my foot inwards and that would relax the muscle.

I've had that happen when doing bicep shots. I think it's just your body trying to get something out that shouldn't be there, like when you get a small piece of glass or wood under the skin your body try's to push it to the surface.
Have you ever had the whole needle/syringe turning round by itself quite forcefully, it's really wired!

I've had the turning thing happen but not to often, for me it only twists slightly by itself, usually occurs in my delts. I have never figured out why.

Possible backpressure from the resevoir?:confused: If you let off the plunger, does it refill slightly? I wuld think if it does that might be a sign of some pressure.

Then again.....I am just speculating.

I would think tensing the muscle would hold it.

Yep; Had this happen a few times in the past (delts and quads usually). Your first thought was correct. You are subconsciously contracting the muscle you are injecting. I usually leave the needle in for a few secs after injecting to let the depot dissipate a bit to avoid any "oil spill" and one time the entire needle came out and fell in the sink.

Try to relax! If you're injecting in your quads, I find sitting on my bed and placing the leg I'm going to inject up on the bed beside me so it's in a complete relaxed position. If you let it hang down or put any weight on it, it still seems to tense up. As for the delts, the only suggestion I have for that is to have someone else administer your shots there OR just try to relax as much as possible if you must do it your self.

BTW: The more body fat you lose, the more frequently this will happen! Fat actually helps to "hold" the needle, while muscle contracts to push it back out!

STEEDA~

Steeda, thanks for clearing that up.

I usually sit when i do quads with my leg slightly extended out, I think it is when I am inserting the needle that I probably end up flexing. As for delts I think it just happens when I reach around to shoot them with the opposite hand. I'll focus on being more relaxed.

I think you are right about the bf idea, b/c this rarely ever happens in the glutes where there is more fat.

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner