over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Negatives of staying lean all year?

I like to stay around 10-12%. Being 6-8% is pure misery for me. I’m a hairy bastard and hate shaving anyway. So being 6-8% would get lost in all the hair. Also I like being around 10-12% at 260-270. Look big in a shirt and with the shirt off. Best of both words. I can eat and I like the look.

I know there are some guys out there, Alberto Nunez I think, and probably more fit guys than actual bodybuilders who prioritize size, who walk around in the 6 to 7 percent range year round.

Other than not maximizing growth, is there any negatives of walking around most of the year at such a low bodyfat? Enhanced athletes so lower t levels are not a concern..

Has anyone done this? This is also assuming they have a fast enough metabolism and are active enough to maintain this at 2.5 to 3k calories, not under 2k which imo would be starving if done year round. And also assuming their diet is strictured so they get adequate sodium, potassium, and micronutrients.
Joint pain is the main culprit! Less water and fat to cushion the joints.

Crazy argument in this thread.

My OPINION...
don't give two fucks about what my bodyfat is, I make sure with blood glucose monitor and diet that I stay insulin sensitive a majority of my offseason, I make sure I can see my abs (all abs) at all times, if you can't clearly see all your abs at all times in my opinion your just a fat fuck and lazy with your diet and training (sorry if I offend you).
Getting overly fat your just finger fucking yourself.

make sure with blood glucose monitor a

Where did you get your blood glucose monitor?

I got the simple prick your finger and test strips I don't like pricking my finger that much so and looking for more of a monitor I heard that saliva test blood glucose are coming out I haven't saw a date or not yet though

Where did you get your blood glucose monitor?

I got the simple prick your finger and test strips I don't like pricking my finger that much so and looking for more of a monitor I heard that saliva test blood glucose are coming out I haven't saw a date or not yet though
Sorry for the confusion, I use an abbot blood glucose tester with test strips, a finger pick is nothing to me and I don't have to test it daily, I just need to know if it's trending up or staying level.

Sorry for the confusion, I use an abbot blood glucose tester with test strips, a finger pick is nothing to me and I don't have to test it daily, I just need to know if it's trending up or staying level.
Many times I couldnt get enough blood out

A doctor can write you a script for a glucose non stick monitor if your insurance covers it you got to find a doctor that'll do it though

You can def stay sub 8% and still grow. Anyone that says you can’t either do not have that great of genetics or they are cutting corners or simply not trying hard enough. You do not need to get fat to grow muscle. And you can grow on a clean diet without a fuck ton of calories too.

You can def stay sub 8% and still grow. Anyone that says you can’t either do not have that great of genetics or they are cutting corners or simply not trying hard enough. You do not need to get fat to grow muscle. And you can grow on a clean diet without a fuck ton of calories too.
You can’t grow when you’re under fat. It’s about physiology. You have to be in a surplus of calories to grow your body has to have the resources to repair and grow muscle. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or honestly doesn’t know what they’re talking about. There’s hardly anyone walking around or stupidly trying to grow at a true under 8%.
I’m baffled at some of these responses. It’s like logic and basic knowledge goes out the window when it comes to how the body works.
You can grow on any food, clean or not and not get fat as long as you’re in enough of a surplus.
You people realize the body needs a certain amount of fat stored to function properly and for your brain to work, right?
You also need more than the bare minimum bf to function optimally.

Nobody is saying get fat or lose your abs even. But you will gain some fat in a growth phase. After seeing people say my picture was single digit body fat i guess the responses shouldn’t be a surprise.

Crazy argument in this thread.

My OPINION...
don't give two fucks about what my bodyfat is, I make sure with blood glucose monitor and diet that I stay insulin sensitive a majority of my offseason, I make sure I can see my abs (all abs) at all times, if you can't clearly see all your abs at all times in my opinion your just a fat fuck and lazy with your diet and training (sorry if I offend you).
Getting overly fat your just finger fucking yourself.
That is very true at least for me. I have 8 pack year round. I am old school and believe that to look like bodybuilder lines are a must. For me bodybuilding is looking amazing all the time, not one week in a year and in all other months be as fat that people on the street stop eating cause u remind them what can happen if you eat too much.

You can’t grow when you’re under fat. It’s about physiology. You have to be in a surplus of calories to grow your body has to have the resources to repair and grow muscle. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or honestly doesn’t know what they’re talking about. There’s hardly anyone walking around or stupidly trying to grow at a true under 8%.
I’m baffled at some of these responses. It’s like logic and basic knowledge goes out the window when it comes to how the body works.
You can grow on any food, clean or not and not get fat as long as you’re in enough of a surplus.
You people realize the body needs a certain amount of fat stored to function properly and for your brain to work, right?
You also need more than the bare minimum bf to function optimally.

Nobody is saying get fat or lose your abs even. But you will gain some fat in a growth phase. After seeing people say my picture was single digit body fat i guess the responses shouldn’t be a surprise.
You are so wrong, so wrong, you don't need calories surplus you need nutrients and positive nitrogen balance stimulate mtor and recover. That way you grow!!! How do I know? Cause since January I am doing this.

Okay so why even comment when we didn’t disagree?

Also my 6% comment was to the person who actually said 6-7.

No one is telling you to get 30% but I was correcting you from when you said it will hurt muscle growth as that is something spoken as gospel but is objectively false.
So again what is the purpose of your response?

Sumo wrestlers, for example, despite being fat, have decent amounts of muscle mass. And they are not lifting weights or eating tons of protein like a bodybuilders or powerlifters.

Bodybuilders in the past got bigger in the off season, it seemed like it worked out well for them.

I think young athletes should push more rough size, especially if they are natural.

Bodybuilders who have been in the sport for years, I think they don't benefit from massive bulking, so it makes sense to stay cleaner year-round.

Basically it is the same as with training, there is a time to train basic and heavy, and a time to try other alternatives

You are so wrong, so wrong, you don't need calories surplus you need nutrients and positive nitrogen balance stimulate mtor and recover. That way you grow!!! How do I know? Cause since January I am doing this.

Neither of you is right or wrong.

It all comes down to individuality.

Some people may be lean due to better metabolism and not suffer many consequences for their overall health or well-being. Other people have to gain a little body fat to function properly.

If you can be at 6-8% without starving yourself, sleeping well, and training hard without feeling like you're going to broke, and still grow, heck, do it!!

But that is not applicable to everyone.

So magically the laws of thermodynamics dont apply to you? You are some special anomaly then? Or you were severely over weight with a ton of fat stored, because the calories have to come from somewhere. Let’s see the before and after pics. Maybe you never trained before and you’re growing from the novel stimulus. You’re typing a bunch of words but I don’t think you understand what you’re actually saying.
The body literally cannot create something from nothing.
Let’s see this “8 pack”.

Give it up, it doesn't make sense to argue with this type of person

Give it up, it doesn't make sense to argue with this type of person
The type of person with an understanding of how the body works?
You’re a big bodybuilder on a ton of drugs year round with a blowout waist.
Don’t do this passive aggressive bullshit. I’m not going to just agree with what you say if it’s nonsense like I see other people do here because of it.
Still waiting on the evidence or research to back a single thing you said since you originally brought it up.

Since when are calipers a reliable or accurate tool?
calipers and dexa. Also I know what real bf% looks like.
The only way to truly know the exact bf of a person is to boil them and scoop the fat out and weigh it. But I used 2 different methods just to experiment. I do this often
Don’t try to prove points or debunk what someone is saying without reading everything .

Sumo wrestlers, for example, despite being fat, have decent amounts of muscle mass. And they are not lifting weights or eating tons of protein like a bodybuilders or powerlifters.

Bodybuilders in the past got bigger in the off season, it seemed like it worked out well for them.

I think young athletes should push more rough size, especially if they are natural.

Bodybuilders who have been in the sport for years, I think they don't benefit from massive bulking, so it makes sense to stay cleaner year-round.

Basically it is the same as with training, there is a time to train basic and heavy, and a time to try other alternatives
I never said anything about massive bulking or even losing someone’s abs being necessary or beneficial.

The type of person with an understanding of how the body works?
You’re a big bodybuilder on a ton of drugs year round with a blowout waist.
Don’t do this passive aggressive bullshit. I’m not going to just agree with what you say if it’s nonsense like I see other people do here because of it.
Still waiting on the evidence or research to back a single thing you said since you originally brought it up.
I think you will offend someone a few more times and someone will give you a break from the forum if you do not stop your hyperactivity

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws