advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

neighbors yapper dog gets mauled/killed by other neighbors pit bull.

I shouldn't have to worry about keeping my dog anywhere on my own property day or night as long as I'm observing all the leash laws etc, which these inconsiderate neighbors obviously did not. I filed a complaint against them with Animal Control, and so far, so good that they are contained in their own yard.

Even if it were true, this is a misleading statistic to quote and your final statement has no correlation to it. Pitbulls account for the largest number of attacks, deaths etc, despite being less than %5 of the dog population.

Im sorry but the statements you have made are false. I dont blame you, the media has stated this as fact so much that ive had to bring in records to disprove in courts of law. The leading breed for attacks requiring hospital visits is the Labrador Retriever. Deaths from canine are rare, but the majority have been Rott, GS, and half a dozen rarebreed mastiffs commonly wrongfully IDed as a pit bull.(ive owned/rescued many that LE and animal control dont know what they are) This is due their size it normally takes a 90lb or higher do to kill an average human.

The average pitbull is 50lbs and to short.

You are right. By your definition then some breeds are just safer breeds to have and some are just badder breeds to have, as far as biting/attacking. There is a reason that the police use German Shepards often they are easy to train for the job. They are loyal, have a good size and have a strong bite instinct that they learned through the generations of guarding. The police just need to channel that behavior over to the job they want the dog to do. I have had Boxers for years, they are very rowdy guy's that can get other dogs going very easy. so I try to tone it down before it starts. A trainer for the police that i was talking to told me that it takes them about 3x longer to train a boxer for guard work as they have to teach them to bite. The local animal control officer with 30+ years experience has told me that he can not ever remember seeing a vicious boxer, dominate yes but to attack and try to kill for no reason, nope. Most dogs will bite if given a reason,or at least if they think they have a reason. Going for the kill etc. is some thing that some breeds were bred for so they have a higher probability of doing just that.

Hearding dog tend to do best with K9 work. Police and guard dogs differ greatly, Boxers make great guards. Most people who own them don't want a vicious dog and that is what it boils down to.

Dogbite.org dosent have its facts straight. It's a site with an agenda I'm going to leave it at that.

This is an emotional issue, were many people have let their emotions make up their mind. The bottom line is if you were to cause the extinction of the pit bull today, the bites wouldn't be reduced. Because its the humans that need the education.
No dog is "safe" for kids, and the monsters are holding the leash.

Show us some statistics then. Dogsbite.org posts the studies they get their information from, including the CDC.

U.S. Dog Bite Studies - Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org

Personally I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist and I don't think the media is out to get pitbulls.

Post up the links to your facts. Although I think it's good you foster pibulls, it amounts to a hill of beans in this discussion. Right now, it just looks like you have a personal affinity for the breed and are possibly overlooking cold hard facts.

Last edited:
Show us some statistics then. Dogsbite.org posts the studies they get their information from, including the CDC.

Personally I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist and I don't think the media is out to get pitbulls.

Post up the links to your facts. Although I think it's good you foster pibulls, it amounts to a hill of beans in this discussion. Right now, it just looks like you have a personal affinity for the breed and are possibly overlooking cold hard facts.

The combination of large molosser breeds, including pit bulls, rottweilers, presa canarios, cane corsos, mastiffs, dogo argentinos, fila brasieros, and their mixes:
79% of attacks that induce bodily harm
72% of attacks to children
85% of attack to adults
69% of attacks that result in fatalities
77% that result in maiming
Discussion notes:
Even if the pit bull category was "split four ways," attacks by pit bulls and their closest relatives would still outnumber attacks by any other breed.
Pit bulls are noteworthy for attacking adults almost as frequently as children. This is a very rare pattern, only seen elsewhere in the bullmastiff/presa canario line.
If a pit bull or rottweiler has a bad moment, instead of being bitten, often someone is maimed or killed; that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk.
1982-2012 chart
Breed Bodily harm Child Victims Adult Victims Deaths Maimings % of dog population
Pit bull 2235 911 806 233 1268 4.4%
Rottweiler 495 278 131 81 277 2.2%
Husky 71 44 5 24 20 .05%
Wolf hybrid 84 69 5 19 48
Bullmastiff (Presa canario) 87 30 33 14 46 .04%
German shepherd 96 60 28 14 59 2.3%
Pit bull-mix 148 63 37 12 83
Akita 65 42 19 8 47 .06%
German shepherd-mix 41 26 12 7 26
Chow 55 36 16 7 37 .01%
Doberman 15 8 7 7 7 1.3%

Your wasting your time, with these idiots. The truth and solid facts mean nothing to people of no education. Just like the facts mean nothing to Republicans and TeaBaggers:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

If I post anything it would be scans from Satistics from the center of disease control, police records, and places were hard fact could be found. Pro and against pitbull websites spin Satistics in their favor.

Dogsbite.org uses Satistics with Molesser breed all considerd pitbulls. Thats saying a great dane, St Banard and a Pit bull are the same breed. Not just 4 sub categories.

My personal affinity is for all dogs, I would have fought this hard for a poodles

The combination of large molosser breeds, including pit bulls, rottweilers, presa canarios, cane corsos, mastiffs, dogo argentinos, fila brasieros, and their mixes:
79% of attacks that induce bodily harm
72% of attacks to children
85% of attack to adults
69% of attacks that result in fatalities
77% that result in maiming
Discussion notes:
Even if the pit bull category was "split four ways," attacks by pit bulls and their closest relatives would still outnumber attacks by any other breed.
Pit bulls are noteworthy for attacking adults almost as frequently as children. This is a very rare pattern, only seen elsewhere in the bullmastiff/presa canario line.
If a pit bull or rottweiler has a bad moment, instead of being bitten, often someone is maimed or killed; that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk.
1982-2012 chart
Breed Bodily harm Child Victims Adult Victims Deaths Maimings % of dog population
Pit bull 2235 911 806 233 1268 4.4%
Rottweiler 495 278 131 81 277 2.2%
Husky 71 44 5 24 20 .05%
Wolf hybrid 84 69 5 19 48
Bullmastiff (Presa canario) 87 30 33 14 46 .04%
German shepherd 96 60 28 14 59 2.3%
Pit bull-mix 148 63 37 12 83
Akita 65 42 19 8 47 .06%
German shepherd-mix 41 26 12 7 26
Chow 55 36 16 7 37 .01%
Doberman 15 8 7 7 7 1.3%

Your wasting your time, with these idiots. The truth and solid facts mean nothing to people of no education. Just like the facts mean nothing to Republicans and TeaBaggers:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Small definitely not exhaustive list below of dogs listed as pit bull type(molosser). Its bigger than 4 ways. Bang your head all you want.

Akbaş Çoban Köpeği(Akbash Dog)Alano Español(Spanish Bulldog)Alaunt (extinct)Alapaha Blue Blood BulldogAlpine Mastiff (extinct)Alp Mastiff (Cane Garouf)American BulldogAmerican Bull MolosserAmerican MastiffAmerican Pit Bull TerrierAmerican Staffordshire TerrierAnadolu çoban köpeği(Anatolian Shepherd Dog)Appenzeller SennenhundArmenian Gampr DogBandogBelgian MastiffBernese Mountain DogBoerboel (South African Mastiff)Boston TerrierBoxerBrazilian BullmastiffBroholmer (Danish Mastiff)Bucciriscu CalabreseBulldog (English Bulldog)Bullenbeisser (German Bulldog) (extinct)BullmastiffBully Kutta (Pakistani Mastiff)Bull TerrierCa de Bou (Perro de Presa Mallorquin, Mallorquin Bulldog)Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff)Cão da Serra da Estrela (Estrela Mountain Dog)Cão de Castro Laboreiro (Portuguese Watchdog, Portuguese Cattledog)Cão de Fila de São Miguel (Azores Cattledog)Cão de Fila da Terceira(Terceiran Dog)Cão de Gado Transmontano(Portuguese Mountain Cattle Dog)Ciobănesc Românesc Carpatin (Romanian Shepherd Dog)Catahoula BulldogCatahoula CurChow ChowCimarrón Uruguayo(Uruguayan Dog)Dosa Inu (Korean Mastiff)Doberman Pinscher(Dobermann)Dogue de Bordeaux(French Mastiff)Dogo Argentino(Argentinian Dog)Dogo Canario(Canarian Dog)Dogo Cubano (Cuban Dog)Dogo Guatemalteco(Guatemalan Dog)English MastiffEntlebucher Sennenhund(Entlebucher Mountain Dog)Fila Brasileiro(Brazilian Mastiff)French BulldogGeorgian Shepherd DogGerman Shepherd(German Shepherd Dog)Giant Maso MastiffGran Mastín de Borínquen (Puerto Rican Mastiff)Great Dane (German Mastiff)Great Pyrenees(Pyrenean Mountain Dog)Greater Swiss Mountain DogGull TerrGull DongHovawartHimalayan SheepdogKangal Dog (Turkish Kangal)Karakachan Dog(Bulgarian Shepherd, Thracian Mollos)Kavkasiuri Nagazi(Caucasian Shepherd Dog)KomondorKuvaszLandseerLeonbergerMastín Español(Spanish Mastiff)Mastín del Pirineo(Pyrenean Mastiff)Mastino Napoletano(Neapolitan Mastiff)Montañés del Pirineo(Pyrenean Mountain Dog, Great Pyrenees)Moskovskaya Storozhevaya Sobaka(Moscow Watchdog)NewfoundlandOlde Boston BulldoggeOld Roman BulldogOlde English BulldoggePug (Dutch Mastiff)Rafeiro do Alentejo(Portuguese Mastiff)Rhodesian RidgebackRottweilerSage Kuchi (Afghan Sheepdog)Saint BernardŠarplaninacShar PeiSredneaziatskaya Ovtcharka (Central Asian Shepherd Dog)Staffordshire Bull TerrierTatra Mountain Sheepdog (Vlach Shepherd)Kinnaur Sheepdog(Bearded Tibetan Mastiff, Tibetan Kyi Apso)Tibetan MastiffTornjakTosa Inu (Japanese Mastiff)VucciriscuXochaso

The Pitbull isnt a saint, its as much a devil as any other dog.

Im going to leave this conversation, I typically dont play internet war. Ive fought this battle to many times for many Breeds, and individual dogs.
I have put in to many hours and dollars into my schooling. And the biggest lesson I've learned is humans are the cause of canine problems, yet humans are the ones you have to argue with. I swore 2 years ago to only argue dogs with people who have AT LEAST 200 hours in a dog training program. Definitely not a bodybuilding forum.

Dogbite.org dosent have its facts straight. It's a site with an agenda I'm going to leave it at that.

This is an emotional issue, were many people have let their emotions make up their mind. The bottom line is if you were to cause the extinction of the pit bull today, the bites wouldn't be reduced. Because its the humans that need the education.
No dog is "safe" for kids, and the monsters are holding the leash.

Hey. Maybe you have agenda.;) I have no problem with the dog but under certain situations. As long, as you are okay to be held CRIMINALLY liable if one attacks a person. The problem is also the damage they inflict because of jaw strength. Just saying, if my child was mauled by one, they better put the owner under the jail before I get to him. You are right, there are multiple dog breeds I wouldnt have around my daughter. I think in general, Chows, can be more agressive BUT theres alot of idiots with pits who think it makes them tough. Not saying you.:) I would always air on the side of caution. I have seen the damage on the face of child from a pit bull. It was a family friends dog that the child got to close to its food.

Hey. Maybe you have agenda.;) I have no problem with the dog but under certain situations. As long, as you are okay to be held CRIMINALLY liable if one attacks a person. The problem is also the damage they inflict because of jaw strength. Just saying, if my child was mauled by one, they better put the owner under the jail before I get to him. You are right, there are multiple dog breeds I wouldnt have around my daughter. I think in general, Chows, can be more agressive BUT theres alot of idiots with pits who think it makes them tough. Not saying you.:) I would always air on the side of caution. I have seen the damage on the face of child from a pit bull. It was a family friends dog that the child got to close to its food.

Ericraven, my agenda is proper canine ownership. Always will be. Ans for idiots, I don't care what breed if your dog attacks some one unless defending home or owner, the owner is responsible. I have no issue with (even fought for) stricter dog laws, just not breed specific, I dont think felons should own a dog over 20lbs for one....now I answer your post due to it being mature. If you would like to talk in PM I have no problem. But I realy try to stay out of conversations on the web that a dont go anywhere due to emotions, and especially this fourm....I dont want to slip and give person information....Im well known in a field that is very small .

Last edited:
Ericraven, my agenda is proper canine ownership. Always will be. Ans for idiots, I don't care what breed if your dog attacks some one unless defending home or owner, the owner is responsible. I have no issue with (even fought for) stricter dog laws, just not breed specific, I dont think felons should own a dog over 20lbs for one....now I answer your post due to it being mature. If you would like to talk in PM I have no problem. But I realy try to stay out of conversations on the web that a dont go anywhere due to emotions, and especially this fourm....I dont want to slip and give person information....Im well known in a field that is very small .

I agree you with you bro. I really agree on the felon portion. I am a protective dad. I had the worlds best Malamute, which can be on the list, who my children loved. I had another one that was animal agressive that I had to give away. :)
I think we agree more then disagree.

I agree you with you bro. I really agree on the felon portion. I am a protective dad. I had the worlds best Malamute, which can be on the list, who my children loved. I had another one that was animal agressive that I had to give away. :)
I think we agree more then disagree.

I believe we do :) my dogs (boxer, pitbull and Dogo) were trained to let my 4 year old daughter take food from their mouths...even though I knew they were great with her she wasn't left unsupervised with them.
Till she was 6 (except the pitbull insisted he sleep on the floor of her room)

I used to offer free classes for parents expecting or with small children. Most dont understand dogs enough when a child is present.

Makamute are great dogs, and I see you understand ;)

Pitbulls stats are high because they are the number one bred dog to fight. Domestic attacks are far different from those numbers. In fact I work with with top three dog rescue groups in the midwest and its the little yappers that cause more attacks against kids than any of them.

I love my pitbull she would never harm anyone just licks them to death and she is PROTECTIVE of the little ones in my family she lays by them snuggles with them follows them everywhere and will let you know if you are a stranger approaching them.

Its not the dog its the environment. Just like its not the car its the driver.

I have two "yappers" as they are called here. I get all the comments especially when I am walking them in the park, "Look Sparky, you could eat that dog with one bite!" Depending on the tone of voice when they say it and my mood, I reply "Look Bonnie (my dog) I can kill that little shit with one kick!".

I am generally a peaceful individual and certainly not a shit starter, but my dogs are my trigger point and about the only time I allow my self a little leeway.

Was walking both dogs with my Girlfriend at a park on a lake, and two unleashed Rotties attacked my male dog that my girlfriend was walking. She intervened and got bit by one of the Rotties. Punctured, but not ripped.

The two guys that owned the dogs came running over and I told them that they needed to be on leash. They started making excuses. I told them the law did not allow for excuses and you obviously can not control your dogs off leash. He argued more. I told him his dogs were 10 times bigger than mine and it was not a fair fight. He still argued. His friend was mostly silent. I finally told him, "I am ten times bigger than you, what if I just attacked you, how would you feel".

He also slapped his dog in the face minutes after the incident. GRRRR!!! I left both he and his friend (grown ass men) literally crying.

Its been years and I don't remember exactly but this was the jist of it. Beware of owner, not dog!

PWood

WTF?? what does being a felon have to do with owning a dog? Ive got a pit a presa and 7 felonies...that matters to you why?

and being a pit fan I do fully believe in breed legislation. You shouldn't have a bunch of gang members and white trash chaining dogs to trees because they think it makes em look hard. Keep pits in the suburbs and countryside where they belong.

WTF?? what does being a felon have to do with owning a dog? Ive got a pit a presa and 7 felonies...that matters to you why?

and being a pit fan I do fully believe in breed legislation. You shouldn't have a bunch of gang members and white trash chaining dogs to trees because they think it makes em look hard. Keep pits in the suburbs and countryside where they belong.

I agree. I too have felonies and a pit. Hes the most lovable dog youd ever meet, and the greatest companion you could ask for. Felonies dont have a damn thing to do with who you are or what you stand for. Im a hard working man who no longer sells anything. Even when I did I was never a thug, or dressed like a low class clown. My pants are always on my waste and I dont speak walmart.. Im educated. My gramar mistakes are do to being lazy on my galaxy s3 with no spell check in case you want to get smart.

I agree. I too have felonies and a pit. Hes the most lovable dog youd ever meet, and the greatest companion you could ask for. Felonies dont have a damn thing to do with who you are or what you stand for. Im a hard working man who no longer sells anything. Even when I did I was never a thug, or dressed like a low class clown. My pants are always on my waste and I dont speak walmart.. Im educated. My gramar mistakes are do to being lazy on my galaxy s3 with no spell check in case you want to get smart.

amen! My pit isn't gangster and neither am I! Im a life long pot grower. Got set up with an undercover when I was younger. Bailed out of jail at 830am and was soaking seeds by 1030am! In Colorado where its "legal" now! :headbang:

doesn't mean I shouldn't own a Pit. Ill have one sleeping in my bed at night for the rest of my days.

This lady is dumb as shit and so is the guy that shot his dog what a psycho. Your dog is on a leash in its yard?? cmon your not liable for that.

That being said I love dogs and have played with many pit bulls. But they are a little crazier and scarier than every other dog. My cousin got his face literally ripped off by a family friends pit bull we grew up with. His ear was hanging by a thread and still has bad scars almost 20 years later. Also my lab mix was nearly killed by my neighbors 3 pit bulls who broke through our fence. I literally almost killed one with a golf club my dog would have died if I didn't come out right then, he was fucked up for weeks had to have multiple surgeries.

not saying theyre all monsters and you shouldn't be able to have them... but there are some people who shouldn't have them. Definitely not felons from violent crimes imo

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear