over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Neil Peart Dead at 67

That is really sad. He was an incredibly talented drummer and lyricist. A lot of Rush songs are all time rock classics. I'm going to crank "Tom Sawyer" up to 11 later today in tribute to Neil and all the great music he created.

Doctor: You have five minutes to live.
God: Listen to Xanadu.
Me: But that's eleven minutes?
God: It's OK.

And if anyone thought for a second that I wouldn't be listening to Rush very loudly and at completely inappropriate times, they've officially lost their damn mind.

Fucking sucks. As a summer myself this is sad. A legend RIP 🙏🏻

Rush fans knew he had cancer. RIP to one of the best drummers ever!
I was lucky to them on the Clockwork Angel tour!

Wow RIP brother. What a heck of a drummer. I grew up with this.along with tesla,motley crew and all those other great rock bands back then

A sad reality for those in my generation. Most of the musicians I really like are between 60 and 80 years old. I hope to see Ozzy this summer for his tour. He had to cancel last year. We lost some good ones last year.

Wow, that's sad to hear. He lived a great life! Terrible that he had to die from Glioblastoma. Here's to a legend...RIP.

Condolences to his family. Very sad day for me probably my most favorite band of all time. Mostly in their early years. Many good motivational songs. My theme song is "I Think I'm Going Bald". The line
But even when I'm grey
I'll still be grey my way

Has been one of the things I have tried to hold true to.

My drumming and literary hero ..the one who got me into not only drums, but rock music itself. This man and this band has been a huge part of my life for over 30 years - saw them over 20 times and had the pleasure of meeting them twice.
Still can’t believe he’s gone
RIP to my hero Neil Peart

What a loss of an amazing drummer. He will be missed

A sad reality for those in my generation. Most of the musicians I really like are between 60 and 80 years old. I hope to see Ozzy this summer for his tour. He had to cancel last year. We lost some good ones last year.
Seen Ozzy and Sabbath countless times. Last time was THE END tour. They are my favorite, invented an entire genere (Metal).SABBATH is the Almighty!

Rush was one of my very favorites at one time, in the 80s. I saw them on the Signals tour.
Peart is arguably the best rock drummer ever. Very sad. :cry:

Seen Ozzy and Sabbath countless times. Last time was THE END tour. They are my favorite, invented an entire genere (Metal).SABBATH is the Almighty!
Yeah I was at The End Tour. They sounded great. Hoping Ozzy can make it this summer. I've only seen him solo once, back around 1986. It was the Ultimate Sin tour. Only saw Sabbath that one time. Megadeth was going to play with him originally, now it's going to be Marilyn Manson. Seen Megadeth 2 times now. Judas Priest is another favorite, seen them 4 times. All of them getting old.

I read an article in Guitar World magazine years ago and Zakk Wylde said every great metal riff was created by Tony Iommi. Every metal riff created after Sabbath was just a variation of something Tony already came up with. And you know what?......HE'S RIGHT! Had "Sabotage" cranked up to 11 last weekend. The riffs in "Symptom of the Universe" will melt your face. Saw the original lineup of Black Sabbath play at Ozzfest 2001. I feel incredibly lucky to have seen them play.

I read an article in Guitar World magazine years ago and Zakk Wylde said every great metal riff was created by Tony Iommi. Every metal riff created after Sabbath was just a variation of something Tony already came up with. And you know what?......HE'S RIGHT! Had "Sabotage" cranked up to 11 last weekend. The riffs in "Symptom of the Universe" will melt your face. Saw the original lineup of Black Sabbath play at Ozzfest 2001. I feel incredibly lucky to have seen them play.
Sabbath doesn't get as much credit as they deserve. Judas Priest too. Sabbath was founded around 68 and Priest in 69. The grandfathers of heavy metal! Id call Metallica and Megadeth the fathers I guess, since they were the next generation.

Did many of you in this thread see Rush? Have they been active in recent years? I got to see Deep Purple last summer with Priest. That was a good one. I never saw Rush but wish I had.

Sabbath doesn't get as much credit as they deserve. Judas Priest too. Sabbath was founded around 68 and Priest in 69. The grandfathers of heavy metal! Id call Metallica and Megadeth the fathers I guess, since they were the next generation.

Some Iommi greatness, here, 2:30-3:00 :cool:

Let's get this straight though.....Black Sabbath created METAL. Not just the sound, but the imagery that went along with it. Judas Priest started having success in the new wave of British heavy metal movement in the mid to late seventies along with bands like Iron Maiden. Then along came Motorhead...they created speed metal....in large part because Lemmy and the boys were doing a lot of amphetamines, which helped them take metal to a faster, more aggressive level. Then in the early eighties Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax took things to an even more intense level and created thrash metal. None of this would have happened without Black Sabbath starting it all. Oh, and let's be respectful...they aren't the Grandfathers of heavy metal, they are the GODFATHERS of heavy metal!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131