over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Neil Peart Dead at 67

Priest in the mid 70s. Guitar solo at 2:45. They had their own sound for sure.

Neil Peart was far and away the hardest working and naturally most talented drummer in rock history. As good as they are, Rush would not have been at the same level as they are if he wasn't their!

Priest in the mid 70s. Guitar solo at 2:45. They had their own sound for sure.

Great song. Thanks for posting. Listen to the song when it kicks in after the 4 minute mark. Then listen to "Children of the Grave" by Black Sabbath which was released in 71. Dreamer Deceiver was released in 76. Sabbath was definitely an influence on Judas Priest.

Sad for sure. Top 2 greatest drummers of all time IMHO:

1. Neil Peart
2. John Bonham

Great song. Thanks for posting. Listen to the song when it kicks in after the 4 minute mark. Then listen to "Children of the Grave" by Black Sabbath which was released in 71. Dreamer Deceiver was released in 76. Sabbath was definitely an influence on Judas Priest.
Yes, I think there was influence and the band.Rob is a big fan "It’s no secret that Rob Halford is a massive Black Sabbath fan, he even filled in for vocal duties with the band at headline shows in 1992 and 2004."

"
How influential were Sabbath on Judas Priest?
“In Priest we all checked out Sabbath by really listening closely. We learned a lot in the exciting ways that heavy music could be written, recorded and produced.”
What do Black Sabbath mean to you?
“Sabbath mean the start of true heavy metal to me. I still listen to the lads for the great vibes they give me as a singer and songwriter.”

Did many of you in this thread see Rush? Have they been active in recent years? I got to see Deep Purple last summer with Priest. That was a good one. I never saw Rush but wish I had.

maldorf
They were a very active touring band from 2002-2015 with breaks in between
2015 is when they called it quits due to Neils health issues...but no one knew he had developed cancer. The other members said he was suffering from severe tendinitis
He was battling cancer privately for 3 1/2 years...that’s why this is a shock for the rock world
But as far as tours they did a bunch in that time frame...I saw them 16 times in that time frame

Was blessed to see them 7 times and they are the only old school band that I still listen to today as I am mostly stuck on heavier stuff like Slipknot, Korn, Sevendust and the like. I knew Neil called it quits due to health, but thought it was only because of the wear and tear on his body. The cancer thing came out of left field for me...quite a shock. I was really hoping for some kind of reunion maybe in Toronto at some point....figured tour was out of the question....hard to believe that can not happen any longer. Best drummer I have heard in my lifetime.

I saw them 16 times in that time frame
Wow. You had to do some traveling then. Sounds like good times. I drove over 4 hours to see Sabbath. Some things are just worth it.

I saw Dream Theater not long ago, my last concert. Their drummer is very good. Their lead guitarist John Petrucci is amazing.i reccomend seeing them.

Yeah I was at The End Tour. They sounded great. Hoping Ozzy can make it this summer. I've only seen him solo once, back around 1986. It was the Ultimate Sin tour. Only saw Sabbath that one time. Megadeth was going to play with him originally, now it's going to be Marilyn Manson. Seen Megadeth 2 times now. Judas Priest is another favorite, seen them 4 times. All of them getting old.
Saw Megadeth with Judas Priest and Testament in the late 80s! Probabably have seen Megadeth 6x in all.

I read an article in Guitar World magazine years ago and Zakk Wylde said every great metal riff was created by Tony Iommi. Every metal riff created after Sabbath was just a variation of something Tony already came up with. And you know what?......HE'S RIGHT! Had "Sabotage" cranked up to 11 last weekend. The riffs in "Symptom of the Universe" will melt your face. Saw the original lineup of Black Sabbath play at Ozzfest 2001. I feel incredibly lucky to have seen them play.
Sabbath, Iommi in particular, were the originators of the Metal genre, and he was the ultimate Metal riff master, no one is even close.
Symptom of the Universe may be the greatest song ever. Ozzys vocals on Sabatoge were unsurpassed. I saw that Ozzfest in 2001 as well! Heres how old I am...I had Black Sabbath Paraniod when it was Sabbaths current album! I was just getting into rock at the time as a younin!
To me they are the Almighty, the Gods of music!

Saw Megadeth with Judas Priest and Testament in the late 80s! Probabably have seen Megadeth 6x in all.
I saw Metallica open for Ozzy in 86 when Cliff Button was still alive. Top that! :p I have seen Megadeth at least 10 times. I would have to dig out my ancient ticket stub collection to remember the exact number. I have seen Slayer more times than Megadeth. A couple times they were co-headlining the same show.

I saw Metallica open for Ozzy in 86 when Cliff Button was still alive. Top that! :p I have seen Megadeth at least 10 times. I would have to dig out my ancient ticket stub collection to remember the exact number. I have seen Slayer more times than Megadeth. A couple times they were co-headlining the same show.
I saw Slayer for the first time this past summer and I couldn't believe how loud they were! Before they played there was Anthrax, Testament, Lamb Of God, and maybe one other. When Slayer came on stage it was like they turned the amp up to 11! Never heard music that loud before. They were really good, but it was just too loud. First time ive ever felt that way. My head was hurting it was so loud!

Sabbath, Iommi in particular, were the originators of the Metal genre, and he was the ultimate Metal riff master, no one is even close.
Symptom of the Universe may be the greatest song ever. Ozzys vocals on Sabatoge were unsurpassed. I saw that Ozzfest in 2001 as well! Heres how old I am...I had Black Sabbath Paraniod when it was Sabbaths current album! I was just getting into rock at the time as a younin!
To me they are the Almighty, the Gods of music!
Ozzy puts on a good show too. Always fun to watch him, even in his older years now. He seems to get a bit wilder when hes solo. In 86 I remember him throwing the big containers of water all over the crowd. Lots of wet t-shirts there for the delight of the guys!

Wow. You had to do some traveling then. Sounds like good times. I drove over 4 hours to see Sabbath. Some things are just worth it.

yes the 30th anniversary tour I traveled 4 states and saw 10 shows that year (2004)
I seen them a total of 32 times since Presto my first concert in 1990
Speaking of Dream Theater - my second fav after Rush
Amazing musicians who put on incredible shows
The talk is hopefully Mike Portnoy Their original drummer and fan fav joinn the remaining members of Rush for a album and possibly a tour - prob a fat shot, but who knows

Wow that's amazing so you saw Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour with Ozzy, I missed that hadn't seen them yet. First time I saw them at a show called Monsters of Rock where they played with scorpions Dokken and Van Halen. It was before Justice came out but Cliff was dead and they did play some stuff from Justice, but it was new to everyone. I've seen Metallica Slayer Megadeth multiple times , that's the Big 3 of course and the best speed metal bands ever!
I wouldn't go to see Metallica for free at this point. Their sets are pathetic, probably only play four songs off the first three albums and it's all the new stuff Black Album and after, that to me sucks.

I remember back in the 80s when I saw Priest for the 2nd time. Megadeth opened for them. It was Megadeth's first album. At the time I hadn't heard them before, but after that concert I went out and bought that album. Queensryche and Dokken were some other bands I saw open for Priest. I also went to see Pantera for their Vulgar Display of Power tour. Buddy got his nose broke there.

i've seen: Black Sabbath (original lineup at Ozzfest), The Cult, Killing Joke, The Cure, Sisters Of Mercy, NIN, Bauhaus, Ozzie, Bobby Zombie, Megadeth, Priest, Halford solo, Anthrax, Motorhead, Overkill, Type O Negative, Gwar, Maiden, Skid Row, Scorpions, Quiet Riot, Winger, Ratt, Dokken, Warrant, and King Diamond.

I love Megadeth's work in the 80's, Countdown, and Youthanasia but everything after that has been disappointing IMO. I thought they going to blow me away live but that wasn't the case. :( Bummer b/c they were at the top of the heap for me growing up (the twilight of the Headbanger's Ball days). Surprisingly enough, seeing Sisters Of Mercy and also Killing Joke live...both were incredible shows.

i've seen: Black Sabbath (original lineup at Ozzfest), The Cult, Killing Joke, The Cure, Sisters Of Mercy, NIN, Bauhaus, Ozzie, Bobby Zombie, Megadeth, Priest, Halford solo, Anthrax, Motorhead, Overkill, Type O Negative, Gwar, Maiden, Skid Row, Scorpions, Quiet Riot, Winger, Ratt, Dokken, Warrant, and King Diamond.

I love Megadeth's work in the 80's, Countdown, and Youthanasia but everything after that has been disappointing IMO. I thought they going to blow me away live but that wasn't the case. :( Bummer b/c they were at the top of the heap for me growing up (the twilight of the Headbanger's Ball days). Surprisingly enough, seeing Sisters Of Mercy and also Killing Joke live...both were incredible shows.

Man, I wanna see him bad. I hear he puts on a hell of a show. So talented all the way around. Hear he's the nicest guy in the world, too.

Man, I wanna see him bad. I hear he puts on a hell of a show. So talented all the way around. Hear he's the nicest guy in the world, too.
I saw White Zombie in 92 when they were touring on the " La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Volume One" tour. Great show. Saw them again in 95 or 96 co-headlining a show with Pantera in Houston. About a week later Phil Anselmo from Pantera overdosed on heroin and flatlined for a minute or more. Luckily they revived him. How that guy is still alive is nothing short of amazing. Saw Rob Zombie play in Detroit...must have been 05 or 06. He had John 5 playing guitar in that tour. John 5 is an incredible guitarist. Saw him two other times when he was the guitarist for Marilyn Manson playing at Ozzfest in 2001 and 2002. Both were great shows. Manson really knows how to add the visual aspect and theatrics to his shows, which is highly entertaining.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131