over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Neil Peart Dead at 67

Man, I wanna see him bad. I hear he puts on a hell of a show. So talented all the way around. Hear he's the nicest guy in the world, too.
Yeah, I've seen him 2x now. He really knows how to work the crowd! He closed with that song by Grand Funk Railroad, American Band last time! Wish I had seen White Zombie.

Seen Korn 3x now and they are very good too. Others I've seen recently are Breaking Benjamin, Manson, Slipknot, Halestorm, In This Moment, and Bucket Head 5x.

If you like guitar then Bucket head is a must see.

Manson really knows how to add the visual aspect and theatrics to his shows, which is highly ent
I agree. Another good one at that is In This Moment. Maria, the lead singer, likes that stuff. Metallica was great that way last year. They had big 3d cubes hanging from the ceiling and holes in the stage that shot huge flames. Best thing they did was fly a huge swarm of drones through the air, Moth into Flame. The tech was amazing.

i've seen: Black Sabbath (original lineup at Ozzfest), The Cult, Killing Joke, The Cure, Sisters Of Mercy, NIN, Bauhaus, Ozzie, Bobby Zombie, Megadeth, Priest, Halford solo, Anthrax, Motorhead, Overkill, Type O Negative, Gwar, Maiden, Skid Row, Scorpions, Quiet Riot, Winger, Ratt, Dokken, Warrant, and King Diamond.

I love Megadeth's work in the 80's, Countdown, and Youthanasia but everything after that has been disappointing IMO. I thought they going to blow me away live but that wasn't the case. :( Bummer b/c they were at the top of the heap for me growing up (the twilight of the Headbanger's Ball days). Surprisingly enough, seeing Sisters Of Mercy and also Killing Joke live...both were incredible shows.
Megadeth has had its ups and downs. Mostly ups. I didn't like Youthanasia and a couple others. But the stuff with Marty Friedman on guitar (along with Dave) is the best...Rust in Peace is, IMO, one of the best 3 speed metal albums ever. And the best dueling guitar album along with Derek and the Dominos. They were great in concert, always, to me.

Megadeth has had its ups and downs. Mostly ups. I didn't like Youthanasia and a couple others. But the stuff with Marty Friedman on guitar (along with Dave) is the best...Rust in Peace is, IMO, one of the best 3 speed metal albums ever. And the best dueling guitar album along with Derek and the Dominos. They were great in concert, always, to me.
Dave Mustaine was diagnosed with throat cancer last May. He went through chemo and rehab, and the tough S.O.B. just started rehearsing yesterday for a European tour. https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/m...since-dave-mustaines-cancer-diagnosis-photos/

Good article on it here. This probably explains why he didn't reschedule his tour with Ozzy this summer. I didn't know he had cancer. He was supposed to play with Ozzy last summer.

Sad day for we Rush fans. What a legend, but they all go eventually. The remaining members of Floyd, etc. all getting up there.

This is a bummer for sure. Rush was awesome. True musicians. Saw them twice- once in Detroit and then in Philadelphia back in the early 90s. Very good live.

Let's get this straight though.....Black Sabbath created METAL. Not just the sound, but the imagery that went along with it. Judas Priest started having success in the new wave of British heavy metal movement in the mid to late seventies along with bands like Iron Maiden. Then along came Motorhead...they created speed metal....in large part because Lemmy and the boys were doing a lot of amphetamines, which helped them take metal to a faster, more aggressive level. Then in the early eighties Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax took things to an even more intense level and created thrash metal. None of this would have happened without Black Sabbath starting it all. Oh, and let's be respectful...they aren't the Grandfathers of heavy metal, they are the GODFATHERS of heavy metal!

Judas Priest may be my all-time favorite metal band. Only in the past year did I fully explore their albums more extensively. I have a ton of different metal bands on a 128 gb flash drive for my stereo CD player, and was listening to JP as I came across this thread. I made a Vol 1 and Vol 2 with absolutely no sense of order. ;)

Attachments

• 2CC8F9EF-FE9A-4840-A7AD-15E20C9F7021.png
    2CC8F9EF-FE9A-4840-A7AD-15E20C9F7021.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 9933DD44-19BB-4029-B10D-4D30BCE8C7D7.png
    9933DD44-19BB-4029-B10D-4D30BCE8C7D7.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 7D52B0BB-8F33-431A-91A4-59633C365F1C.png
    7D52B0BB-8F33-431A-91A4-59633C365F1C.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 4
Judas Priest may be my all-time favorite metal band. Only in the past year did I fully explore their albums more extensively. I have a ton of different metal bands on a 128 gb flash drive for my stereo CD player, and was listening to JP as I came across this thread. I made a Vol 1 and Vol 2 with absolutely no sense of order. ;)
They are my favorite metal band with Black Sabbath a close 2nd. Many other metal bands I really like too. Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax are some oldies I love and have seen in concert recently.

Rob still has a good voice at 60 in this video of a concert. I saw him this summer at age 68 and he sounded just as good. Everyone here except for KK Downing. When I saw them this year Glenn Tipton wasn't there. He has parkinsons I think.

Ive seen them sing this 2x in concert, Victim of Changes. I see you have it on your playlist. This video was shot in 83 back around when I first saw them. They were in their heyday back then. This is an incredible song. Can hear some Sabbath influence here.

Good Neal Peart solo here!

Interview with him, a good one.

I agree about the Sabbath influence. Can definitely hear it in the Sad Wings of Destiny album... and it’s a good influence to have. I really wish I could have seen them with Downing, Tipton, and Hill. Halford is an inspiration to me that we can still do great things into our senior years. Age is only what we make it to be.

I really wish I could have seen them with Downing, Tipton, and Hill. Halford is an inspiration to me that we can still do great things into our senior years. Age is only what we make it to be.
The whole band is like that, playing into old age. Ive seen them quite a few times over the past 36 years and they are just as exciting now as they were back in the beginning. The two lead guitars are gone now, but the replacements are very good. Travis on drums and Hill on base still. This past summer when I saw them was the first time I saw Rob look tired on stage. It was late in the concert and he had to lean on his motorcycle to take what it looked like a breather. He never stopped singing though and still sounded good. He looked like he might be winded. First time I saw that. He was 68 years old I think. It was a long concert and very hot outside.

I saw Deep Purple like 15 years ago. those fuckers were awesome and could still play. A pit broke out for "Hush". me and my friends were laughing and like "WTF is going on here?".

I saw Deep Purple like 15 years ago. those fuckers were awesome and could still play. A pit broke out for "Hush". me and my friends were laughing and like "WTF is going on here?".
Yeah, I saw them last summer. Priest opened for them! Never seen Priest open for anyone before.

Deep Purple sounded great. Their guitarist and keyboards were great.

Yeah, I've seen him 2x now. He really knows how to work the crowd! He closed with that song by Grand Funk Railroad, American Band last time! Wish I had seen White Zombie.

Seen Korn 3x now and they are very good too. Others I've seen recently are Breaking Benjamin, Manson, Slipknot, Halestorm, In This Moment, and Bucket Head 5x.

If you like guitar then Bucket head is a must see.

I have seen Korn about 6 times....I saw them on their first two albums...remember meeting them at Tower records before they even were a household name. They were all cool. I want to see Slipknot, but haven't had the chance. I've saw Manson a few times back in the 90s....they were so good.

I have seen Korn about 6 times....I saw them on their first two albums...remember meeting them at Tower records before they even were a household name. They were all cool. I want to see Slipknot, but haven't had the chance. I've saw Manson a few times back in the 90s....they were so good.
Weve seen Korn now 3x and each time was good. Slipknot I think was even better perhaps. Only seen them once but the energy is amazing. Ive seen Cory in his other band and it was just ok.

Weve seen Korn now 3x and each time was good. Slipknot I think was even better perhaps. Only seen them once but the energy is amazing. Ive seen Cory in his other band and it was just ok.

Stone Sour? I like their first album, but the rest are pretty generic IMHO

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity