over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nerve damage/recovery

Dutch Tank

Registered
Hi guys,

6 Months ago I got in an accident and got nerve damage. Still I have a lot of pain and use oxycontin. Next week I wil get a nerve transplant. They are going to get a nerve from my leg and transplant it into my arm. They hope that the pain will go away after this surgery and that I can go to the gym again. I lost 20kg and gained about 8-10% bf. I look terrible and have loose skin. I hope I can fill this skin again with muscle.

My question is, is there a peptide that helps recovery in nerves? I still use HGH but I'm hoping there is something that can help me more.

Thanks in advance.

the Gh should help. but nerves recover at a rate of like 1 mm a day as I remember. i had spinal surgery a year ago and my calf was still numb for months. didn't pat any attention to it for some time and now it is just the bottom of my foot mostly. nerves take a while to regenerate.

Yeah I know, it takes a long time. I'm still on 10iu's of Hygetropin. And will continue after the surgery. I hope everything goes well and that I can get back in the gym.

Anyone else something to add? Maybe some tb-500 would help?

BP 157?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I will post an anecdotal discovery:

My cow performed Muay Thai and MMA training and part of this is leg conditioning. Kicking heavy bags with the shins until it was basically pain free.

Fast forward a few years and the cow could still bump things with its shin or show off a little and break things over the shins and laugh it off.

Then the cow decided to try the ghrp and cjc and cjc with dac. About 10 weeks in the cow bumped its shin and bellowed out in pain.

Fast forward another 15 weeks and The cow has since noticed feeling back in the shins and in some other areas that were deadened before.

Take it for what it's worth.

I will post an anecdotal discovery:

My cow performed Muay Thai and MMA training and part of this is leg conditioning. Kicking heavy bags with the shins until it was basically pain free.

Fast forward a few years and the cow could still bump things with its shin or show off a little and break things over the shins and laugh it off.

Then the cow decided to try the ghrp and cjc and cjc with dac. About 10 weeks in the cow bumped its shin and bellowed out in pain.

Fast forward another 15 weeks and The cow has since noticed feeling back in the shins and in some other areas that were deadened before.

Take it for what it's worth.

Thanks for the input off your cow. Allready on hgh here.

No I idea on dosing. I'm thinking about trying it out. My hands go numb constantly

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just read some things about this. Can you tell me a dosing?

.5-1mg per day. I don't know if these help with nerve damage. I would ask you doctor and I'm sure if you need anything he or she will prescribe it.

TB4 and BP157 could help with recovery such as muscle and joints. For TB4 do 2mg a week for 6 weeks and then 2mg a month for maintenance.

If you sign up for bluesky's email you'll get 20% on your first order. Even if you have ordered from them before but sign up you'll still get the 20% off.

I searched pubmed.com for studies on nerve regeneration. I found nothing in regards to BPC 157 or TB4 helping the nerves. I did however find studies on systematic Igf1, meaning IGF1-Lr 3, helping in nerve regeneration but only in doses of around 500mcg minimum. Here is the study:

Systemic administration of insulin-like growth factor decreases motor neuron cell death and promotes muscle reinnervation.

AuthorsVergani L, et al. Show all Journal
J Neurosci Res. 1998 Dec 15;54(6):840-7.

Affiliation
Abstract
Neonatal sciatic nerve axotomy causes motoneuron death and muscle denervation atrophy. The aim of the present study was to determine whether insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) administration promotes muscle reinnervation and counteracts motor neuron loss after such an injury. Six weeks after sciatic nerve axotomy performed in 2-day-old pups, the number of motor neurons, as assessed by retrograde transport of horseradish peroxidase injected into the extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle, was reduced from 52 +/- 3 to 26 +/- 3. Subsequent administration of IGF-I at the doses of 0.02 mg/kg or 1 mg/kg increased the number of motor neurons to 35 +/- 2 and 37 +/- 5, respectively. The effect on motoneuron survival was accompanied by improved muscle fibre morphometry and restoration of indirect EDL muscle isometric twitch tension, which was about 80 % of control values for both doses of IGF-I compared with 60% observed with saline treatment. Reinnervated EDL muscle from saline-treated rats cannot hold tetanic tension, which is, however, achieved after IGF-I treatment at either dose. Thus, both high and low doses of IGF-I counteracted motoneuron death and improved muscle reinnervation following neonatal sciatic nerve axotomy. IGF-I at 5 microg/kg failed to increase muscle reinnervation.

You are awesome JJ. Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

I searched pubmed.com for studies on nerve regeneration. I found nothing in regards to BPC 157 or TB4 helping the nerves. I did however find studies on systematic Igf1, meaning IGF1-Lr 3, helping in nerve regeneration but only in doses of around 500mcg minimum. Here is the study:

Systemic administration of insulin-like growth factor decreases motor neuron cell death and promotes muscle reinnervation.

AuthorsVergani L, et al. Show all Journal

J Neurosci Res. 1998 Dec 15;54(6):840-7.

Affiliation

Abstract

Neonatal sciatic nerve axotomy causes motoneuron death and muscle denervation atrophy. The aim of the present study was to determine whether insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) administration promotes muscle reinnervation and counteracts motor neuron loss after such an injury. Six weeks after sciatic nerve axotomy performed in 2-day-old pups, the number of motor neurons, as assessed by retrograde transport of horseradish peroxidase injected into the extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle, was reduced from 52 +/- 3 to 26 +/- 3. Subsequent administration of IGF-I at the doses of 0.02 mg/kg or 1 mg/kg increased the number of motor neurons to 35 +/- 2 and 37 +/- 5, respectively. The effect on motoneuron survival was accompanied by improved muscle fibre morphometry and restoration of indirect EDL muscle isometric twitch tension, which was about 80 % of control values for both doses of IGF-I compared with 60% observed with saline treatment. Reinnervated EDL muscle from saline-treated rats cannot hold tetanic tension, which is, however, achieved after IGF-I treatment at either dose. Thus, both high and low doses of IGF-I counteracted motoneuron death and improved muscle reinnervation following neonatal sciatic nerve axotomy. IGF-I at 5 microg/kg failed to increase muscle reinnervation.

Where does it say 500 microg minimum? for that matter, where does it say anything about the efficacy in humans? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but this study was done on pups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where does it say 500 microg minimum? for that matter, where does it say anything about the efficacy in humans? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but this study was done on pups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the last line it says 5mcg/kg. I'm assuming most bodybuilders are around 220Lbs like me. That's 500mcg. Now, it doesn't mention long term dosing. That may mean if you only do a one time dose it would have to be greater than 500mcg. They tested this theory with one bolus dose. If you dose repeatedly over time then maybe a lower dose would do the trick. This study was not conducted on humans. The only studies I found where they intentionally crush a nerve were done on rats. I doubt human volunteers would line up for that one. ;). Take it for for it's worth. Most studies start out with rats.

Last edited:
In the last line it says 5mcg/kg. I'm assuming most bodybuilders are around 220Lbs like me. That's 500mcg. Now, it doesn't mention long term dosing. That may mean if you only do a one time dose it would have to be greater than 500mcg. They tested this theory with one bolus dose. If you dose repeatedly over time then maybe a lower dose would do the trick. This study was not conducted on humans. The only studies I found where they intentionally crush a nerve were done on rats. I doubt human volunteers would line up for that one. ;). Take it for for it's worth. Most studies start out with rats.

I see, thanks for the explanation. Personally, I think it's a bit of a stretch to extrapolate so literally from rat pups to human, particularly on something as specific dosing, based on such a preliminary study. But I understand how you got to 500 now. Thanks.

You can't really assume that doses of rIGF1 used in the study would be the same as one would need when using LR3. The additional peptide chain on LR3 completely changes how it works in vivo. The fact that it is not affected by binding proteins like regular IGF1 is means it is way more potent mcg vs mcg.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You can't really assume that doses of rIGF1 used in the study would be the same as one would need when using LR3. The additional peptide chain on LR3 completely changes how it works in vivo. The fact that it is not affected by binding proteins like regular IGF1 is means it is way more potent mcg vs mcg.

Excellent point! I didn't think of that.

There is also no accurate methodology for dose extrapolation from rats to humans. That said, a common conversion ratio for drugs from rats to humans is 6 to 1 so you'd probably be looking for trouble using the same doses per Kg as in rodent studies.

There is also no accurate methodology for dose extrapolation from rats to humans. That said, a common conversion ratio for drugs from rats to humans is 6 to 1 so you'd probably be looking for trouble using the same doses per Kg as in rodent studies.

That makes sense. The metabolism of a rat must be insanely high compared to a human.

Thanks for the input off your cow. Allready on hgh here.

I would use a GHRP/GRH stack over synthetic GH because natural GH is superior. I am getting severly numb hands using 300-500mcg GHRP and 100-200mcg GRH. (peptide quality is everything, I use "Clinical Research Grade" and notice MUCH MUCH more results.

If you can afford it, I would use both. I would take my GHRP/GRH pre-bed and my HGH in the morning.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws