over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nevada Athletic Commission Modifies Drug Testing Policy

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Pretty F'd up seeing you can induce polycythemia by training at a higher altitude, but then again, you're dealing with Nevada.

Last edited:
Pretty F'd up seeing you can induce polycythemia by training at a higher altitude, but then again, you're dealing with Nevada.

I believe UNR is Nevada's most competitive school in athletics, it's close to a mile in altitude. A lot of the collegiate skiers likely train at close to 10k feet on a regular basis. That is going to make for some false positives for sure IMO.

Good point!

I thought this was an interesting quote from the article..."Robert Voy, formerly the chief medical officer for the U.S. Olympic committee, helped dissuade HGH blood testing, telling commissioners that to date, the testing was still "not effective" and "unreliable.""

We have athletes being told that they tested positive for GH and are having their careers put in jeopardy....I hope they enlist the help of Robert Voy and fight their test result.

???

wut?

Nevada has HUGE mountains second only to the Rockies in this hemisphere.
They are called the Sierra Nevada's.
Also Tahoe is a 45 minute drive from Reno. Tahoe is pretty high in the sky and hosts the best Skiing (arguably) in the US.
Oh ya and Truckee is like 30 minutes away too.

Not to mention Mt Rose which is basically a part of Reno.

UNR athletes have EASY access to some pretty lofty elevations.

Not to mention all the boxers and MMA fighters as Nevada is one of the 2 premiere locations as far as states in the US to debut a good fight.

Just my 2 cents but there again I live here in Reno.

And oh ya the new regs suck, lol.

War

???

wut?

Nevada has HUGE mountains second only to the Rockies in this hemisphere.
They are called the Sierra Nevada's.
Also Tahoe is a 45 minute drive from Reno. Tahoe is pretty high in the sky and hosts the best Skiing (arguably) in the US.
Oh ya and Truckee is like 30 minutes away too.

Not to mention Mt Rose which is basically a part of Reno.

UNR athletes have EASY access to some pretty lofty elevations.

Not to mention all the boxers and MMA fighters as Nevada is one of the 2 premiere locations as far as states in the US to debut a good fight.

Just my 2 cents but there again I live here in Reno.

And oh ya the new regs suck, lol.

War
Lake Tahoe itself is about 6,300 ft elevation, and we have easy access to peaks and ridges that are 8,000 ft +. Lots of people train and compete up here, be it skiing/snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing, etc. I live up here, and my RBC numbers are elevated. No one is drug testing me for anything, though. :D

Nice.

I like Tahoe alot and my job gets me up there pretty often.
I get up there for free time every now and then as well.
Gotta love Izzys burgers man. Damn things are a part of the reason I'm on my diet now.

Can't imagine the expense of living there. I am truly jealous.
The scenery is second to none.
So many babes on the lake in the summer and more little ski bunny babes for winter. It never quits up there.
Oh ya and the lake and the mountains too, ya.

War

Nice.

I like Tahoe alot and my job gets me up there pretty often.
I get up there for free time every now and then as well.
Gotta love Izzys burgers man. Damn things are a part of the reason I'm on my diet now.

Can't imagine the expense of living there. I am truly jealous.
The scenery is second to none.
So many babes on the lake in the summer and more little ski bunny babes for winter. It never quits up there.
Oh ya and the lake and the mountains too, ya.

War
I prefer Jake's on the Lake for burgers, Lanza's for Italian, breakfast at Wildflower's or the Old Post Office Cafe... no end to great places to eat. It isn't that expensive to live here, either. It can be, but doesn't have to be. Just come down to Reno or Carson City and load up at Costco/WalMart now and then. Train at Gold's sometimes when we come down the hill....

I prefer Jake's on the Lake for burgers, Lanza's for Italian, breakfast at Wildflower's or the Old Post Office Cafe... no end to great places to eat. It isn't that expensive to live here, either. It can be, but doesn't have to be. Just come down to Reno or Carson City and load up at Costco/WalMart now and then. Train at Gold's sometimes when we come down the hill....

I haven't tried a couple of those I'm going to have to take my girl up there for some Italian food now.

Why Golds though man? That place is good in other cities but here its almost another 24hr fit.
American Iron Gym is where its at.
You can go month to month for like 27 bux or daily is like 5 bux I think. The atmosphere is all about lifting. Sometimes they do strong man and power lifting comps and a few bodybuilding shows too. Mostly all local guys but there are a few guest pros that come through from time to time to speak and give autographs. Always have multiple TV's showing a bodybuilding DVD.
Its a real cool place and I would recommend it to anyone who is a lifter and coming to Reno.

As far as Tahoe and cost of living is concerned you have me gettin itchy fingers. I'm going to have to check out some prices and see what possibilities I could fit into my budget.

War

American Iron... I'll check it out.

Back on topic, I wonder what kind of numbers they will consider too high; what would constitute a probability of doping? As we have said, training at these altitudes will absolutely impact hematocrit and hemoglobin, and a lot of NV athletes train up here. They must have been thinking about Vegas...

How would they determine differences in athletes who have not used Performance Enhancing Drugs and that have genetically higher levels of hematocrit and hemoglobin over 50+ most of the time.

Plus if you have a condition like sleep apnea you will also likely have higher levels of hematocrit and hemoglobin over 50+ most of the time.

How they do it in cycling is they get a baseline profile, and if it changes, you have to justify it. That seems like WAY too much work for the NCAA, they might just ban anyone out of the normal range. Retarded.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131