over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nevada State Athletic Commission bans TRT from combat sports....MMA

Big Vin

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
LAS VEGAS -- In a monumental move, the Nevada State Athletic Commission banned testosterone-replacement therapy (TRT) from combat sports on Thursday.

The ruling, which passed by a unanimous vote, eliminates future applications for a therapeutic use exemption for TRT. It also denies the use of TRT to any fighter who had previously received permission for its use from the state.

NSAC bans testosterone-replacement therapy in combat sports - ESPN

LAS VEGAS -- In a monumental move, the Nevada State Athletic Commission banned testosterone-replacement therapy (TRT) from combat sports on Thursday.

The ruling, which passed by a unanimous vote, eliminates future applications for a therapeutic use exemption for TRT. It also denies the use of TRT to any fighter who had previously received permission for its use from the state.

NSAC bans testosterone-replacement therapy in combat sports - ESPN

It was just a matter of time.

What is the big infatuation with TRT these days? It's on the news. It's in sports. It's on commercials for class action lawsuits. Gonna ruin it for everyone...

It should be called the Belfort rule.

Yea im pissed! Been waiting to see belfort run up and take the title, now there giving it to boring ass machida. Baby back bullshit

Yeah one day Chris Weidman is scared Vitor will fail a drug test and they won't get to fight and the next day they ban TRT in Nevada... HMMMMM!!!????? Protect your golden boys much UFC?!

These guys should be allowed to pump everything they want in...its fighting c'mon now LOL(I have always wondered how Jeff Monson beat the tests)

UFC politics. Protect the American Golden
Boy! Nahhh we Brazilians take it anyways!!! Lyoto is gonna do it!!!

Someone will appeal TRT if done officially not like anti aging clinics. Is medical treatemt ? How the fuck can they discriminate based on "disability"? I can't see this standing up

It's like telling someone being treated for cancer can't participate due to treatment. Ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UFC politics. Protect the American Golden
Boy! Nahhh we Brazilians take it anyways!!! Lyoto is gonna do it!!!

Machida vs Belfort is gonna be sick so it's all gonna work out for the best.

The reason trt and MMA is such a huge deal is because never in the history of boxing has any boxer applied for a tue(testosterone use exemption). I love MMA and the UFC but some of these guys were saying they need it to live literally. Then on top of it guys were getting busted for being on gear and then getting on trt right away.
I am obviously ok with gear and anyone that takes it, but it's just better to ban it. This way everybody looks at it as an even playing field.
The UFC has made it policy to follow the ruling and has banned trt in the company whether they are fighting in Vegas or Brazil.

Yeah one day Chris Weidman is scared Vitor will fail a drug test and they won't get to fight and the next day they ban TRT in Nevada... HMMMMM!!!????? Protect your golden boys much UFC?!

It was the Nevada State Athletic Commission who banned it, not the UFC. Dana White can bitch and moan all he wants, but he couldn't even get the NSAC to stop sending bad judges and refs to there events.

It was the Nevada State Athletic Commission who banned it, not the UFC. Dana White can bitch and moan all he wants, but he couldn't even get the NSAC to stop sending bad judges and refs to there events.

Well whether UFC had any say or not I'm pretty sure Weidman's whining had something to do with it.

Well whether UFC had any say or not I'm pretty sure Weidman's whining had something to do with it.

It had nothing to do with Weidman. This issue has been brewing since before Weidman was the champion. Remember Overeem? We get it though you don't like Weidman. It was Belfort's decision to pull out of the fight. I guess he doesn't think he can beat Weidman off the juice. This has more to do with Belfort wanting to only fight in Brazil and be juiced up. He fought in Nevada in 2006 he failed the drug test.

Last edited:
People who say it's to protect Weidman just has no clue about the trt issue. The NSAC has been looking at this for very long.

People who say it's to protect Weidman just has no clue about the trt issue. The NSAC has been looking at this for very long.

And being a mma fighter heading into his 30's I think I have more of a clue about this issue than most anyone... Dana was VERY supportive of TRT in MMA till recently so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about

I don't give a shit about Weidman one way or the other (I do believe he is overrated tho) but the ban came one day after he made very public statements about being worried about Vitor's TRT usage and whether or not he would be able to pass a drug test.

And WAS it Belfort's decision? That's highly controversial and dependent upon who/what source you use....

Vitor Belfort says he never gave up his title shot, UFC replaced him due to TRT rule changes - Bloody Elbow

Vitor gave up his title shot because he said his own doctor told him he needs 90 days to wing off trt and compete at the same level.

The reason trt and MMA is such a huge deal is because never in the history of boxing has any boxer applied for a tue(testosterone use exemption). I love MMA and the UFC but some of these guys were saying they need it to live literally. Then on top of it guys were getting busted for being on gear and then getting on trt right away.
I am obviously ok with gear and anyone that takes it, but it's just better to ban it. This way everybody looks at it as an even playing field.
The UFC has made it policy to follow the ruling and has banned trt in the company whether they are fighting in Vegas or Brazil.

I try to follow the sport but my wife hates it so I miss a lot.
what the fuck is a "cue" what does that mean he was wanting?
fill me in on this please!

Vitor is obviously juiced. I love watching him. no trt is kinda stupid, I mean they are really just banning having doc prescribed trt right? cuz I KNOW that 250mg of test a week puts me in VERY highest test I can have and not be off the chart. so why would someone ever get off? just get rid of the doctor. how the fuck would anyone know if you were on your own trt....?
sorry, I have limited knowledge of drug tested events as I stayed away from them LOL
-JS

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75