YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Never work out 2 days in a row? even if different muscle?

Do you have an entire day of rest in between your workouts?

• I always have a full days rest in between every workout (1 day on, 1 day off)

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I work out on consecutive days all the time

Votes: 96 73.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well.......the poll doesnt lie

or does it???

hahahaha

3 days on 1 day off 2 days on 1 day off etc

I used to workout 6 times a week, having two days rest before hitting the particular body part again. Now i only work out 3 times a week and have an easier time building strength and size.

My training partner and I were doing Mon/Wed/Fri, pull/push/legs. His work schedule was a problem so we took it to a two day split, but stilll on the same days, like dc schedule. A couple of weeks ago intensity somehow got cranked up a notch, I think I am learning my body, and we would put it off an extra day due to soreness. We accidentally fell into a two day split with two off days in between each workout day. On, off, off. On, off, off. (Six day schedule.) I am improving in strength and overall look. My arm measurement has gone up as well. I think that I'm going to continue this for some time and see what happens.

I feel better "charged" for my workouts doing EOD. I concluded this when I'd come in on a squat or DL and just feel . . . couldn't channel that explosive kickass "let's tear shit up" attitude because the day previous had me doing heavy weighted dips, MP, rows etc.

But, I do strength training, not BB.

On gear routine for me an has worked for me an majority of my friends that are huge.

All work out days base of a 6 exercise with 4 sets pyramid ex (15,10,8,6) (12,10,8,8) (10,8,6,4) this is all up to the way i feel that day and what i am going for.

Day 1- Heavy Chest ( Incline,Flat,Decline eow switch between BB, DB) DB Over head pull, DB Flys, Cable Flys, throw dips every now an then weighted. I do 6 exercise 4 sets 15 reps working my way down to 8 toward end of workout. I will throw in light TRIs in between sets just to keep blood pumping. AB workout upward to 400-600 reps

Day 2- Heavy Bi's ( Pull up 50 reps, throwing DB curls between sets mid weight, with back extensions this is a 3 way supper-set) then i do BB curls heavy and wide, DB curls super setting between Hammer curls this is a high rep like 15 for 4 sets, Preacher curls with ezbar narrow, straight bar cable curs with some one arm cable curls. this i do a light back to keep back blood flowing an to help not be sore throwout the week. Then i do what i call my triplecta it is Neck harness 4 set of 15, Shrugs 4 sets of 15, V ups 4 sets of 15 alternating with revers fly eot.

Day 3- Heavy Shoulders ( Arnold presses, Db military press alternating between BB military press eow) Shoulder extensions aka lateral raises, reverse cross cable flys high pull, Heavy Power presses cheaters. ABS again.

Day 4- Heavy Back (Chin ups 50 reps, throwing DB curls between sets mid weight, with back extensions this is a 3 way supper-set) Then i do BB Bent over row with narrow v bar, then i go into wide grip lat pull down, then wide BB over head pull, Cable row, revers cable crossover flys, in between sets ill throw in light bi's just to keep blood flowing, Then i do my triplecta again on this day.

Day 5- Heavy Tri's ( Weighted dips 50 reps) Skull crushers with close grip bench, Seated DB over head extensions, Cable extensions, like with all my exercises i mix between different styles of the exercise as long as i get the 6x4x15 in im good. Throwing in some light chest workout followed by my ab routine.

Day 6- Heavy Legs as you can see you get my idea an on this day ill do my triplecta again.

As for my rest days i just throw them in whenever i feel my body needs a rest i dont limit my self to a strict form like ( Mon-chest, tues-back ex ex because i never know what might happen an i might not get in that day. So as long as follow up with the next exercise after the day i took off i listen to my body an the way it feels. So i could take 3 days of as long as i start were i left off when i go back.

Now when im not bulking an not on gear its totally different i go 3 to 4 time week with the same idea an just listen to my body But i do alot more cardio.

Here are some pics of me an my uncle as you can see it works for us but he has been lifting twice as long ass me

Attachments

• 38038_1270852546327_1680293915_544902_7084980_n.jpg
    38038_1270852546327_1680293915_544902_7084980_n.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 335
  • trav 1.jpg
    trav 1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 333
  • trav.jpg
    trav.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 292
  • trav2.jpg
    trav2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 297
Now did i start lifting like this right off the bat no i worked my way out to this over time. As being a beginning lifter you would wanna start off eod, 2day on 1 day off, less rep, exercises, and just go from there. The more you progress the more you going to want to do and longer you will take in the gym. I was benching damn near 500lbs at 205lbs towards the end of my deployment, i took a few months off put on some fat an weight an i lost all my strength so im back in the gym taking baby steps cause there no way in hell i can just jump into doing what i was doing. It fuck with your head its mind boggling at times just stick to it an listen to your body an you well see great results. Every buddy body different an every one wants different things you have to do what is right for you an take in every body else opinion with advise and consideration. THIS IS JUST MY 2 CENTS THOUGH, as most other ppl will say i over train, i do it wrong, your crazy spending 3 hours in the gym blah blah blah. I do it my body handles it an i look good, I read 2 of arnolds books not once did he say he spent only an hour in the gym an looks the way he dose that guy lived in the gym. So if you want to look like him then plan on doing the same if you want to look like the guys on the cover of a fitness mag then eod, every 2 days split shit will work just for you.
On gear routine for me an has worked for me an majority of my friends that are huge.

All work out days base of a 6 exercise with 4 sets pyramid ex (15,10,8,6) (12,10,8,8) (10,8,6,4) this is all up to the way i feel that day and what i am going for.

Day 1- Heavy Chest ( Incline,Flat,Decline eow switch between BB, DB) DB Over head pull, DB Flys, Cable Flys, throw dips every now an then weighted. I do 6 exercise 4 sets 15 reps working my way down to 8 toward end of workout. I will throw in light TRIs in between sets just to keep blood pumping. AB workout upward to 400-600 reps

Day 2- Heavy Bi's ( Pull up 50 reps, throwing DB curls between sets mid weight, with back extensions this is a 3 way supper-set) then i do BB curls heavy and wide, DB curls super setting between Hammer curls this is a high rep like 15 for 4 sets, Preacher curls with ezbar narrow, straight bar cable curs with some one arm cable curls. this i do a light back to keep back blood flowing an to help not be sore throwout the week. Then i do what i call my triplecta it is Neck harness 4 set of 15, Shrugs 4 sets of 15, V ups 4 sets of 15 alternating with revers fly eot.

Day 3- Heavy Shoulders ( Arnold presses, Db military press alternating between BB military press eow) Shoulder extensions aka lateral raises, reverse cross cable flys high pull, Heavy Power presses cheaters. ABS again.

Day 4- Heavy Back (Chin ups 50 reps, throwing DB curls between sets mid weight, with back extensions this is a 3 way supper-set) Then i do BB Bent over row with narrow v bar, then i go into wide grip lat pull down, then wide BB over head pull, Cable row, revers cable crossover flys, in between sets ill throw in light bi's just to keep blood flowing, Then i do my triplecta again on this day.

Day 5- Heavy Tri's ( Weighted dips 50 reps) Skull crushers with close grip bench, Seated DB over head extensions, Cable extensions, like with all my exercises i mix between different styles of the exercise as long as i get the 6x4x15 in im good. Throwing in some light chest workout followed by my ab routine.

Day 6- Heavy Legs as you can see you get my idea an on this day ill do my triplecta again.

As for my rest days i just throw them in whenever i feel my body needs a rest i dont limit my self to a strict form like ( Mon-chest, tues-back ex ex because i never know what might happen an i might not get in that day. So as long as follow up with the next exercise after the day i took off i listen to my body an the way it feels. So i could take 3 days of as long as i start were i left off when i go back.

Now when im not bulking an not on gear its totally different i go 3 to 4 time week with the same idea an just listen to my body But i do alot more cardio.

Here are some pics of me an my uncle as you can see it works for us but he has been lifting twice as long ass me

Last edited:
training

I can tell you my training is way more intense then that workout. Twice the volume as well.

i just want to look good at the beach and sleep with younger women so it suits my needs to workout EOD,lol. it depends on your goals i guess

Haha!! I don't go to the beach. But I like the hell out of sleeping with my younger woman (at my age 18 years younger isn't exactly cradle-snatching, but it feels like it. and that's what counts)!! And yes, I typically workout EOD. Sometimes I even take 2 days off after leg day.

I've been doing EOD for a couple years but the SAME thing... I am gonna try Big As routine starting tomorrow with a log. I have all my most recent max lifts and will try to put a little log together on my results with this type of training, which seems to resemble HIT training... I am saving the DC routine for later, when I feel I am ready for it.

Just started the eod method and so far so could might help to mention im in a wheelchair so the extra rest seems to be helping my guess is because i do so much upper body on my days off just gettin around

I hit the gym 2-3x/week. I tend to go with higher reps these days as I am 33 yrs old and I want to limit risk of injury and joint stress. I seem to be bigger now than when I was doing 5x/wk or even 10x/wk (when I was experimenting with 2x/day workouts in my early-mid 20s). For me, less is more. I get extremely sore from workouts so I need recovery time. All natural now, expect I jumped back on 2x ED GRF+Ipamorelin to bump GH up.

My strength is up as well compared to other workout regiments. The only caveat to less gym time (including slacking diet and muted cardio) is my body fat percentage is at an all-time high. I am 210lbs now but I should be 15lbs less. To accomplish this I will clean up my diet and increase cardio. I will not increase the number of lifting sessions.

I agree with those comments that everyone is different and you have to listen to your body. That's the hardest part of working out: Optimization. We can all go to a gym and lift weights, but over time, as you listen to your body, you can optimize reps, sets, frequency, nutrition, etc.

Good luck everyone,

-PapaPump-

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

What it basically seems like is that I just need to ready my body and determine what works best for myself based on my genetics and my lifestyle.

I'll try to keep a log and measure quantitatively what works best.

Thanks.

People always are saying "your in really good shape" or "I wish I could get my arms to look like that" followed by "but I dont have time to workout all day everyday like you". My reply is I only workout 2-3 times a week for about an hour of lifting followed by a half hour of cardio.

I'm thinking of a similar routine/schedule. How many sets in general do you do for each body part? I'm finding that after years of lifting, I'm able to train more efficiently - i can generate way more intensity in a set today, than when i first started training.

I'm thinking of a similar routine/schedule. How many sets in general do you do for each body part? I'm finding that after years of lifting, I'm able to train more efficiently - i can generate way more intensity in a set today, than when i first started training.

I do 2 exercises of 3 sets for chest/back. 3ex for 3 sets for shoulders (to focus on front mid and rear). 2ex for bi's and 2ex for tri's both for 2 sets. 2 ex for legs for 2 sets. 1 ex for 3 sets for traps(I swear my traps would grow if I didn't work them). This looks very low volume for some but it works wonders for me. I lift as heavy as I can and wouldn't be able to do another exercise for any of these body parts without lifting the weight that an untrained female would lift. My rep range for all upper body is no more than 8 and for legs is no more than 20. I lift to failure everytime so if I can do 8 or 20 or more on the last set I bump the weight up the next time.

I do 2 exercises of 3 sets for chest/back. 3ex for 3 sets for shoulders (to focus on front mid and rear). 2ex for bi's and 2ex for tri's both for 2 sets. 2 ex for legs for 2 sets. 1 ex for 3 sets for traps(I swear my traps would grow if I didn't work them). This looks very low volume for some but it works wonders for me. I lift as heavy as I can and wouldn't be able to do another exercise for any of these body parts without lifting the weight that an untrained female would lift. My rep range for all upper body is no more than 8 and for legs is no more than 20. I lift to failure everytime so if I can do 8 or 20 or more on the last set I bump the weight up the next time.

Do you perform any variation of deadlift?

Thanks Dog! I like your routine. I do think its enough sets if each set is fully exploited.

Do you perform any variation of deadlift?

No, always seemed to cause back problems for me. I only have db's and a machine. Maxed the machine out on the part that I could do deads from years ago and always had trouble keeping good enough form doing db deads.

No, always seemed to cause back problems for me. I only have db's and a machine. Maxed the machine out on the part that I could do deads from years ago and always had trouble keeping good enough form doing db deads.

Was just wondering because of your comment about traps growing even if you didn't train them. Thought deadlifts may be the cause, that's all

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws