advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Never work out 2 days in a row? even if different muscle?

Do you have an entire day of rest in between your workouts?

• I always have a full days rest in between every workout (1 day on, 1 day off)

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I work out on consecutive days all the time

Votes: 96 73.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've tried the DC split where you train MWF and hit each muscle twice every 9 days...

Of course it works but I've found that it's too much time betwen excercises for me especially if you pick 3. I'm like "let me see, I did decline like 2 weeks ago and...do I still ever remember how to do it?

Now I train 6 days a week each muscle 3x/wk with low volume. High frequency is giving my much faster strength and muscle gains.

I usually always work out only 4 days a week. But I never try to go more than two days at a time. Currently my schedule is like this.

Sunday - legs, abs, biceps
Tuesday - shoulders, triceps
Thursday - back, biceps
Friday - chest and triceps

eod

So you mean to tell me that I have been over training all this time? :banghead: Crap! Damn I need a time machine!. Now with this approach to training in mind, that means I can do multiple muscle groups per work out correct? someone please tell me from their experience.

I've been working out on consecutive days for years and have been growing the whole time. But I'm willing to try EOD and see if I grow even more.

::port-smi

I've been working out on consecutive days for years and have been growing the whole time. But I'm willing to try EOD and see if I grow even more.

::port-smi

Hey bro when you mean growth, you mean quality gains or overall weight? and also how many muscle groups do you hit per workout?

I usually always work out only 4 days a week. But I never try to go more than two days at a time. Currently my schedule is like this.

Sunday - legs, abs, biceps
Tuesday - shoulders, triceps
Thursday - back, biceps
Friday - chest and triceps

Hey,
Do you find that your arms lag behind other bodyparts? It's just that I notice you hit them x2 per week - and was wondering if they had enough time to recover between workouts........

I'm an ecto with bad recovery abilities. I live a stressful life and handle that stress poorly, IMO.
Training EOD is the only way I can make progress. Back to back days fry my CNS, I get symptoms of overtraining after only a couple weeks of back to back sessions.

I'm not saying EOD training is better..... it's just what I personally have to do in order to make progress. If I could recover from 3 on 1off/4 on 2off/whatever, I would do it.

Bulgarian Olympic weightlifters train up to seven times a day for months leading up to a competition!

Take this into consideration. I say if you're training very hard and you're really wiping yourself out every single time then I could see needing the off day every other day, but if you are "stimulating and not annihilating" then you should have better results going more often as long as rest and nutrition are up to snuff.

Last edited:
1 on 1 off? What? Did the Austrian Oak do that? No. I say try every way you can to find out what works best for your body.

INSTINCT.....use it. If you do a PR on deads monday then tuesday aint the top day ever for legs. If you do arms mon the legs might be just the ticket. I work out 5 days a week and ever so often I'll drop a muscle if I feel like it.
Mon=legs
tues=sleep
wed=chest
thurs=arms
fri=back
sat=sleep
sun=shoulders
If I dont feel like doing this I DON'T! End of story no excuses.
A day off after squatting and deads is just logical. If you dont need a day off after those days either you are a pussy in the gym or will be MR. O in the next few years.
If I drop a body part its always arms or shoulders.

i dont understand what the difference is between one person who trains 5 days per week and has a split such as chest,arms,legs,shoulders,back compared to a 3 days per week (M/W/F workouts) trainee who does M: chest/tris, W: legs, F: shoulders/back/bis. All muscles groups are worked out every 7 days so how can a person say that people who train eod wont get as good of results as those who go 5 days per week if both are training with the same exact frequency per muscle group? please explain..

i dont understand what the difference is between one person who trains 5 days per week and has a split such as chest,arms,legs,shoulders,back compared to a 3 days per week (M/W/F workouts) trainee who does M: chest/tris, W: legs, F: shoulders/back/bis. All muscles groups are worked out every 7 days so how can a person say that people who train eod wont get as good of results as those who go 5 days per week if both are training with the same exact frequency per muscle group? please explain..

The extra training days could be stimulating more GH release.

Is it possible that one can develop their nervous systems ability to recover from intense exercise making a 5-day workout something you can work up to?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity