YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Never work out 2 days in a row? even if different muscle?

Do you have an entire day of rest in between your workouts?

• I always have a full days rest in between every workout (1 day on, 1 day off)

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I work out on consecutive days all the time

Votes: 96 73.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brolociraptor

Newbies
So I've been seeing a lot of articles that claim you should have an entire day off after each workout for maximum growth. Big A says that the nervous system takes 24 hours to recover and muscle tissue can only start rebuilding after this happens.

Would you guys agree with this?

I thought that since one of the advantages of gear is faster recovery time, I would be able to workout every day and be totally ready the next day to hit the gym hard again.

I have been doing a 4-day split of all muscle groups and just putting in rest days when I am too exhausted to go (go big or go home), I usually try to put in a rest day after I hit legs.

Yes. Once you give it a fair trial, you will see...

Makes sense. Gives body a day to recover. The muscle you work isn't the only thing affected by working out

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

The "too exhausted" is a clue - all things being equal...

Could be true but I dont know of anyone who does 1 on 1 off an I know powerlifters an bodybuilders just my $0.02

vote on the poll!

I've asked some people and I've been getting mixed answers. Please vote on the poll I put in here guys.

thanks

i guess its a good idea but ive been working out basically mon-friday and sometimes sat too, giving only sunday as rest day for like 8 years and im doing ok. i could be better maybe but i doubt it. ive done heavy squats and heavy deads in the same weak and get stronger so its working IMO. maybe if your not getting stronger then ya rest but if you feel great Work out thats my theory

i use to workout every day and get no where. ive been doing it eod for about a year now and ive increased my weight lifted 20 to 30lbs per body part. i lost weight i just cut up from 206lbs down to 185lbs and im still lifting more. so i would have to say its been working for me

When I am "on" I only take one or two days off a week. When I am "off" definitely take a day off after a workout especially during PCT.

If I am paying $$ for the gear might as well take advantage of not being sore and hit it hard as much as you can-I mean a huge plus of taking them is faster RECOVERY. Only thing is make sure you are getting plenty of sleep. That is the hardest part for me I have to be at work very early. I feel 10 times better when I get 7-9 hours of sleep as opposed to my usual 5 or 6.

EOD for me...I make constant progress this way and it is the perfect balance betw. gym life and family life for me.

I had stagnated training 3 days a week. Jumped 45 pounds in 4 months by switching that to 5 days a week...all natural (also overhauled my nutrition). I think you have to read your body, as different people respond to different approaches...and change it up when you stagnate. I often feel stronger on my second day in a row, and usually feel weaker (or less intense) if I take more than one day off.

People always are saying "your in really good shape" or "I wish I could get my arms to look like that" followed by "but I dont have time to workout all day everyday like you". My reply is I only workout 2-3 times a week for about an hour of lifting followed by a half hour of cardio. Then I see the :eek: or the :confused: look on their face. I used to workout 5 days a week mon-fri. I eventually when to a 4 day split Mon n Tues-WO wed-rest Thurs n Fri-WO Sat n Sun-rest. The latter worked much better. Then I switched to EOD and that seemed to benefit me even more. Now that I do MMA about 3 days a week I only workout 2-3 days a week and I am still able to make gains in both strength and weight (tho the weight is killer hard to gain with all my cardio).

Remember you dont grow in the gym you grow in the kitchen and the bed. Also if you only workout legs 1 day a week and you do a 5 day split that means your using upper body 4 of those days. This limits your strength cuz while your chest might not be sore from the previous days back workout, your forearms are whether they feel like it or not.

At my age, I usually need several days off! In all seriousness, I dont pay enough attention to getting my rest. After a thread like this, think Im gona write out a schedule.

those of you that train everyother day

please post pics of your glorious progress

should i hold my breath???

:cool:

im curious too. I notice a lot of people online say that a certain drug their using is giving them great results, and their blowing up like a dog tick at a blood-bank......claming some rediculous pro stat, like 5'7 255lbs 7% bf........ then you see pics... and you relize this world is filled with A LOT of delusional people

So anyone who doesn't want to post a picture of themselves on a board where they have said a lot of incriminating things and could easily be identified by features that would be much harder to cover up than a simple blacking out of the face has no credibility in what they say? :rolleyes:

Everyone is different bro I know guys who can train 4 hours a day everyday and look amazing and I know other guys like myself that have had much better success taking a break eod or working out 2 days followed by one off. Some genetic freak that also takes several grams of roids every week for years on end could come in here and post up a picture of himself being a big walking pile of muscle and give advice on all the wrong things and people should listen to his advice just because he can "back it up" with pictures.

I know for a FACT that I get better results both strength wise and in gains working out eod vs a 5 day routine but I will NEVER put my picture on here so I guess my opinion doesnt count. Come on man I know you know how much of a role genetics plays in this game AND that everybody is different and should listen to their own body. Not tryin to personally attack you and I also know that your comment was not directed straight at me but like I said I know what works for me and I will never post a picture of myself on this or any other board and EOD is the way that I prefer.

So anyone who doesn't want to post a picture of themselves on a board where they have said a lot of incriminating things and could easily be identified by features that would be much harder to cover up than a simple blacking out of the face has no credibility in what they say? :rolleyes:

Everyone is different bro I know guys who can train 4 hours a day everyday and look amazing and I know other guys like myself that have had much better success taking a break eod or working out 2 days followed by one off. Some genetic freak that also takes several grams of roids every week for years on end could come in here and post up a picture of himself being a big walking pile of muscle and give advice on all the wrong things and people should listen to his advice just because he can "back it up" with pictures.

I know for a FACT that I get better results both strength wise and in gains working out eod vs a 5 day routine but I will NEVER put my picture on here so I guess my opinion doesnt count. Come on man I know you know how much of a role genetics plays in this game AND that everybody is different and should listen to their own body. Not tryin to personally attack you and I also know that your comment was not directed straight at me but like I said I know what works for me and I will never post a picture of myself on this or any other board and EOD is the way that I prefer.

show me something???

anything???.....documentation???
logs???......recent workouts opposed to less recent???

show me something that proves that your training style....ALONE
has everything to do with your recent success

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members