over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Never working ABS

Someone above said Dorian didn't train abs, he did, HIT crunches, 2 sets, to failure. He talks about it in his book Blood and Guts (out of print).

People who don't train abs don't understand the importance of anterior chain strength.

Good point. The anterior chain exerts exponential force to the weight lifted to keep everything in place, it's not just the posterior side doing the work.

I a bet a lack of ab training contributes to the lack of gut control in modern bodybuilding. If you're not regularly training them and maintaining that mind-muscle connection, it's much harder to have on-demand / constant control.

I always worked my abs some through out the year. But 1 year I decided to let them have their own day. And the next summer at the same level of BF my waist was 1 inch bigger but can't say it looked any better and obviously had a little less of a V taper.

I used to completely neglect them. Figured stimulation from other exercises was sufficient just like the typical gym bro.

Started training them directly with progressive overload on weighted crunch movements and weighted hanging leg raises and I can definitely notice a difference. I now have more visible/popping abs than I've ever had.

I use alb work as my warmup for every workout, get the blood flowing and break a sweat.

An enormous amount of lower back issues are actually psoas issues, it feels just like lower back, you can't tell them apart. The psoas gets overworked and tight when the abs are weak.

The strong lower back/weak abdominals, overworked psoas is the classic lower back destroyer that plagues many manual labor jobs.

I would say 90%+ of people I have ever seen have this imbalance at least to some degree. I have it right now because I haven't been training abs enough, I need to stretch my psoas badly. My lower back has been bothering me but both my PT and I agree it's probably just psoas. It's all a lack of ab training in the last couple months.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131