over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Never working ABS

aphextwin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How many on here work their abs on here, and how many don’t and still have abs? I never work abs anymore, but I’m thinking about training them once again. I need to bring out that thickness. I’m a naturally lean guy, but I don’t that hard 6 pack.

How many on here work their abs on here, and how many don’t and still have abs? I never work abs anymore, but I’m thinking about training them once again. I need to bring out that thickness. I’m a naturally lean guy, but I don’t that hard 6 pack.

I think it's a good idea to train them - if for no other reason than to keep them strong and help you avoid injury on other lifts.

I currently dedicate two full weekly workouts to abs/obliques/lower back and glutes/hips, training them as hard as any other bodypart, which means using heavy weights.

Been doing so for about a year now, and really pleased with the "thick look" it gives. For you might have a very low bodyfat, even be peeled to the bone, it's always how dense a muscle is that will make it pop up and look full... in short, YES you can have "big abs" and keep a tiny waist. :)

Not that mine (waist) is though :eek:, but it's only related to what happens internally and how your organs push against the abdominal wall, for they're abnormally bloated (huge amounts of food, possible water retention caused by gear, etc...). :cool:

Yes I do train abs and it is important. Low body fat is great, but once its peeled is there anything to show off. If not you got "bieber abs". The shape, call it design of the abdominal musculature is very much genetic and can not be changed but the depth can be added to.

My waist is fairly small which looks good with build shoulders. I need to start training ands....will start ASAP. What exercises are you currently doing?

Dorian claimed to not work his abs directly I’m sure other pros claim the same idk

My waist is fairly small which looks good with build shoulders. I need to start training ands....will start ASAP. What exercises are you currently doing?

Weighted crunches (holding a plate)

Reverse crunches on a bench

Leg Raises in a captain's chair or hanging from a pullup bar

There's a lot options - those are a few of my staples

Always train abs. If I don’t, guaranteed my lower back will slip and I’ll be down down for week. A strong core prevents injury, big time and keeps those lower discs from slipping.

Dorian claimed to not work his abs directly I’m sure other pros claim the same idk

Some guys are gifted where they don't have to trained abs directly. My younger brother is a great example of that....dude has an 8 pack and barely lifts....if he did it would be another story.

Abs are already working hard in exercises like pullups, (heavy) triceps cable push downs etc. So I don't see the need to train them directly.

I work my abs by laughing at all the stupid shit my wife says and does.

I work my abs by laughing at all the stupid shit my wife says and does.

Capin, I know where you're coming from man. My ex would say some pretty funny far out bullshit.

I only train Abs when I’m cutting or pre contest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strong abs is good for your back. keeps everythang balanced.
but why anyone does em to make em bigger, fuck that turtle gut look.

Abs are already working hard in exercises like pullups
Absolutely. A few years ago I couldn't do pull-ups for about six weeks due to golfer's elbow. After my first pull-up work out six weeks later, my ABS were much more sore than my back or arms.

I used to train abs a couple of times a week for many years but haven't really trained them much in the past 9 months or so. I can't say they've gotten worse.

My Job is A Total core workout...Lots of reps without even knowing..
The Daily Sex is another great way to train them...
Still at least once a Week with weights brings on the Show Stoppers !

Concreter, I can see where doing what you do for a living gives you a great core work out. You are actually always training. As far as sex, I know why my obliques look good. The obliques where the only thing that really got sore.

Abs are already working hard in exercises like pullups, (heavy) triceps cable push downs etc. So I don't see the need to train them directly.

It's like saying "don't do any direct triceps exercise, they work hard enough on push/press movements for chest & shoulders", or "it's pointless to hit biceps on their own, they get as destroyed as can be when you're training back"... really?!?! :eek:

I'll admit I'm sometimes guilty of the latest and don't dedicate a single workout to arms for weeks straight - precisely cause, at least, they're stimulated to some extent while working other upper body muscles -but truth is I can honestly notice a difference in the way my arms look when doing so... they're indisputably slowly getting smaller/weaker. :(

Every damn bodypart deserves it's own workout! :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear