over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New approaches in bodybuilding preps

FranJ

Registered
Hi everyone,

Lately I've been following a lot of this new generation of bodybuilders and I've reached a conclusion, it seems that contest approachs have changed a lot today with regard to a few years ago.

I can see a lot of puffy faces even 2-3 weeks out, very round muscles, they never look depleted. Diets very high in calories (clean food ofc), high training volume with machines or hammers, they rarely do compound exercises (squats, deadlifts...), intensity is there but not like before... nothing looks like when a bodybuilder was doing basic compound exercises, recording his tilapia diet meals and looking tired and depleted.

For example: Regan was training 4x15 for precontest and eating a lot of food (Aceto was doing him lower/higher carb days)... Oxygen bodybuilders doing high reps with machines... some others not even eating fish or training heavy...

I talked this with a PRO bodybuilder of my country and the use of aas is also different, long acting esters into the competition, not dropping growth hormone, compounds such as boldenone, cipionate... I guess everything is changing, that maybe one of the reasons you don't see more jacked faces.

Would like to hear different opinions about this, do you think bodybuilding is changing in this aspect?

I'm a little younger so I wasn't old enough to see the bodybuilders of the 90's... but I will say something I've seen more and more of (esp with the rise of Oxygen gym and Bader Boodai) is a ton of SEO use from many of the top guys.

Even a few guys from 212. Charlotte pro comes to mind.

Huge arms but no separation in the bi's/tri's on front double.

Face will stay bloated till the diuretics are added day before the show due to the amounts the guys are using.

everyone is trying to be bigger and bigger and it's getting less and less healthy.

Some of the guys look like 400lbs obese men in the face while 3 weeks out from a show

I'm a little younger so I wasn't old enough to see the bodybuilders of the 90's... but I will say something I've seen more and more of (esp with the rise of Oxygen gym and Bader Boodai) is a ton of SEO use from many of the top guys.

Even a few guys from 212. Charlotte pro comes to mind.

Huge arms but no separation in the bi's/tri's on front double.

This is totally true.

There are loads of new SEOs out there, and most of them being used in arms even legs.

Surge Newbert lifted light and long 40 or 50 years ago, ate 1 meal a day mostly, for years his main protein source was horse meat and beans. The long esters r exponentially more powerful than short over the long haul and with diuretics, sarms, and anceleries (more of which r avalable than ever before) seems like there would be a shift to more long ester use into competition.
Just my openion, I have never competed I just read and W/O for fun and to maintain mass into old age.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Surge Newbert lifted light and long 40 or 50 years ago, ate 1 meal a day mostly, for years his main protein source was horse meat and beans. The long esters r exponentially more powerful than short over the long haul and with diuretics, sarms, and anceleries (more of which r avalable than ever before) seems like there would be a shift to more long ester use into competition.
Just my openion, I have never competed I just read and W/O for fun and to maintain mass into old age.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Long esters and testosterone seems to be at the fore.

Being bloated before stopping HGH has been common since the 90's. It's just water. The BF% is probably already low.

Ppl are also running test into show super high and just using letro to combat estro, Boston Lloyd done this and no one can say he wasn't peeled and dry

Competitors generally are using too many drugs, relying on them more than training and dieting. Are these guys truly getting blood work and taking heed to warning signs? even Dorian , yes I know I mention him alot, ive learned so much from him and his teaching style fits my personality, but eve Dorian s bloodwork got a bit out of whack, concerned yes, but nothing to be super concerned about

If you look athe the drug interviews with kevin and Dorian, as big as Dorian was, and we've been over this a million times in the forum, its worth saying again, he ran and advised no more than 1.5 grams and he used to go all out intensity for 5 -6 weeks at these doses, then either come off or back down for a few weeks, then blast again. He ran short and sweet so you guys saying you need to run this so many weeks, wrong, with intense training, lets face it most people dont train true hit style, a person can use less, and get more from diet and training. Short and sweet works well, ive done it, less gear, and you train true hit bc you can not train true hit more than 5-6 weeks ive found, were talking true gun to your head cant get another rep hit

For me that means I could blast for 4 weeks, maybe 600 mgs injects, and 30 mgs orals on training days, up my training to Intense fucking training, rest pause, heavy negatives, forced reps, more protein as yes I feel more protein is required when doses are higher, and put on some thickness. After that back off to a cruise dose, maybe 200-300 mgs a week,or even a trt dose of 100 mgs a week and reduce training intensity but still training hard, maintaining that muscle. Get in and get out fast, in time for my blood-work

also on orals taking liver supports and tudca

Thats one of the reasons I like classic physique better and yeah while its a height , weight requirement, and I know ill never be a Dorian, its healthier. Less expensive, smaller doses.

My doctor is concerned about little stuff like slightly elevated liver enzymes since I was natural and weve been over it, and I tell him its just straining muscle breakdown thats causing a false positive and he says it isnt so i have to keep him happy if I want my trt script and take some tudca, and dont train as intense for a few days before the test, Maybe fast circuit type deload training

btw nac causes a false reading for high liver enzymes so discontinue that before a liver test

Last edited:
difference between 90s and now.....

INTERNET....

the collaborative effort...

I'm seeing a lot of competitors boast and brag about their "refeed" days 1-2 weeks out from competition....eating a bunch of pop tarts and cereal and burgers and junk in excessive amounts....what happened to clean refeeds? All that junk is NOT going to be optimal for refeeding or filling out or whatever...do it with clean foods. I also think people are coming more chemically dependant on t3, gh, clen, and even dnp for getting in shape. There has definitely been a shift in conditioning in the last decade or more and not for the better

difference between the 90's and now?

much less meth

I can't find that shit ANYWHERE.... I am sure some
Of my banker / finance pals are though cause they put in INSANE hours and their energy never seems to fall off!!!

I haven't an addicitve personality so I feel sure I could handle it!!!

Ppl are also running test into show super high and just using letro to combat estro, Boston Lloyd done this and no one can say he wasn't peeled and dry

I can see a lot of coaches doing this... letrozol everyday for the last 4-6 weeks and keeping a long ester testosterone at 1-2g into contest...

Also massive abuse of T4/T3 and hgh up to 10-20ui... I'm talking of amateur level...

Hi everyone,

Lately I've been following a lot of this new generation of bodybuilders and I've reached a conclusion, it seems that contest approachs have changed a lot today with regard to a few years ago.

I can see a lot of puffy faces even 2-3 weeks out, very round muscles, they never look depleted. Diets very high in calories (clean food ofc), high training volume with machines or hammers, they rarely do compound exercises (squats, deadlifts...), intensity is there but not like before... nothing looks like when a bodybuilder was doing basic compound exercises, recording his tilapia diet meals and looking tired and depleted.

For example: Regan was training 4x15 for precontest and eating a lot of food (Aceto was doing him lower/higher carb days)... Oxygen bodybuilders doing high reps with machines... some others not even eating fish or training heavy...

I talked this with a PRO bodybuilder of my country and the use of aas is also different, long acting esters into the competition, not dropping growth hormone, compounds such as boldenone, cipionate... I guess everything is changing, that maybe one of the reasons you don't see more jacked faces.

Would like to hear different opinions about this, do you think bodybuilding is changing in this aspect?

a couple questions
1) what do you mean 4x15? you mean he only did 4 sets the whole training day and 15 reps? how'd you know how he trained?

2) howed you know Regan's diet? I always saw Chris aceto's diets to be quite low in food. yes there is carb cycling but amount of food seemed like a diet. I think aceto does more of daily diet changes, if you look flat he tells you to eat a cheat meal, if you not flat he doesn't. I remember seeing his diet for troy Alves, no carbs on some meals, carbs with some meals, 50-60g protein a meal, vegetables. How much calories is high for you?

3) what country are you from? and are you close with the pro? they don't always telll you the truth
I know many coaches don't drop long esters like test/eq/deca, they believe if you're looking good to not change anything (fakri, aceto, Palumbo, etc.)

4) whats the new SEO's that they use in the legs?

I always see people saying how guys today don't train as intense as in the past. I saw these same comments since the ealy 90s, guys are getting lazier and lazier all the time, just more drugs. But is that really the case? I see a lot of heavy hard training with compound exercises these days. I mean take Dallas who was seen as a chemical factory was deadlifting 845lbs, you didn't see shit like that in the past. Take a lift like deadlifts, who was deadlifting hard in the 90s? Sure a few did but now most everyone seems to do them.

I always saw Chris aceto's diets to be quite low in food.

I saw where one pro said he dropped his calories by a thousand at the start of his diet (compared to previous diets) after hooking up with Aceto.

I always see people saying how guys today don't train as intense as in the past. I saw these same comments since the ealy 90s, guys are getting lazier and lazier all the time, just more drugs. But is that really the case? I see a lot of heavy hard training with compound exercises these days. I mean take Dallas who was seen as a chemical factory was deadlifting 845lbs, you didn't see shit like that in the past. Take a lift like deadlifts, who was deadlifting hard in the 90s? Sure a few did but now most everyone seems to do them.

It's honestly nonsense. Sure there is a new wave of younger ones who want the fastest and easiest results possible so perhaps that is where it comes from. Instead of dieting they will pop 3 dnp per day and to get extra ripped they will high dose tren, mast and avar when they are 160 pounds :eek: There has definitely been a shift recently and the new divisions is one of the reasons for that. But even guys who don't compete are doing the same but they always have.

As you mention people have said that every decade. Now the points made in this thread are valid though about changes in drugs and diets for many guys. Moreover many pro's stick to machines especially as they get closer to shows but that is being smart and it's not because they don't want to put the effort in. Loads of guys train brutally hard and I have most of the top pro's on IG and they are all training hard with high volume. There are guys like Phil Heath and Dexter Jackson who to me don't train brutally hard but again they are being smart and it's obviously working for them. Progressive resistance and trying to beat your logbook every training session is great but it's not ideal for many. So just because someone isn't deadlifting 700 pounds 6 weeks out it doesn't mean they are not training hard. But as you allude to many top guys are lifting huge weights and regularly.

I have trained in many gyms in various countries and sure you look at some people thinking wtf. But I see hard trainers everywhere. Fitness is so big now you are going to get a massive mix of people and not everyone wants to be a bodybuilder. But most bodybuilders I know train very hard... regardless if they are low dose users or massive abusers.

Regarding this thread there has definitely been a shift and you can thank the need of bodybuilders to be as big as possible for that. Some guys overdo things though and come in far too heavy. The drug protocols are definitely different as well as the diets... basically more calories during prep and trying to be as full as possible. The drug protocols are so different though but it's not uncommon for some guys to be on 1-2g's of test 1 week out now. Although most I know stop test at least 2 weeks out. The OP made some excellent points.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131