over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New arm workout

topfuel

Registered
I have been trying to find an arm workout that will start me back on the path of growth again. I currently work arms as one workout Bi's, Tri's, and forearms together. Looking for something different. Any suggestions gentlemen?

I do high volume upper body compound lifts (both pushing and pulling) on Monday and Friday. Wednesday I do just arm isolation work. I get best results with high volume workouts with short rest times between sets, like 16 sets of various curls mixed with 16 sets of triceps isolation lifts. One set every 2 minutes, 10-12 reps per set.

I get good results doing this on cycle compared to lower volume / heavier weights. I have to cut back on the number of sets on a cruise. I can't recover fast enough to do these kinds of workouts 5 days a week on just TRT test.

genetics, dumbbells, barbells and dips. There are tons of programs on T Nation too. I keep it simple. I also like to split arms...chest/tri, back/bi. I've never been a fan of training forearms. If you do enough heavy compound movements forearms get stimulated...at least for me they do.

Mine get hit about once every 4 days. But they are secondary exercises in my routine....so they only get worked about 15-20 minutes tops including a small warm up.

Just enough volume to get some blood in them. Anything I do for them is basically to support the continuing progress of my primary exercises.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I train bis/tris together once a week. And then a couple sets for tris after chest and a couple for bis after back. works pretty well for me

Heres a couple arm workouts I did lately if youre interested in trying. These are workouts that I programmed myself following John Meadows idea's
Started with cable pushdowns with a wide neutral grip. These fries my long head and made them cramp so hard. 4x12 superset with dumbbell curls. Did 8 reps with both arms without supinating...then 4 reps with each arm while supinating. Then 4 hammer curls for 4 total sets
Close grip presses on a chest press machine with a lat bar across the handles. 4 sets progressively heavier with a three second negative. Superset with standing cable curls with the cables behind me 4x13
Overhead cable extensions superset with hammer strength preacher machine4 sets of 12 reps, 8 partials, and a ten second ISO hold
2 sets of dumbbell skullcrushers with a neutral grip
2 sets of lying incline dumbbell curls for 15 reps
3 sets of forearm roll up with a bar with a rope through it and a ten pound plate hanging from the rope

First up was rope pushdowns:20/15/12/10 super set with cable ez bar curls:4x10 with a 3 second negative and explosive positive
Banded smith machine JM presses:4x10 super set with machine curls:4x10 with a 3 second negative, then 10 partials, then a ten second Iso hold on each set
Dumbbell skull crushers letting the Dumbbells go behind my head:4x12 super set with pinwheel curls for 10 reps then hammer curls for 5 more
Two sets of overhead rope extensions finished it off.

Cable pushdowns super set with grip4rce barbell curls:4x18/16/14/12 for the pushdowns and 4x10 for the curls. The last set of each was a drop set
Machine dips:4x10 with a 3 second negative super set with dumbbell curls:4x10 and then 4 reps of hammer curls after each set
Overhead rope expansions:4x10 super set with machine curls:4x10 plus ten partials per set

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear