IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
New rule has been added to the board rules:

17) There is to be no links posted on the site to illegal copyright sites or content. Any such links will be immediately erased and the member posibbly banned.

TO be honest I am unsure of how to tell if a site is copyrighted. Can you give us an example? Of course I have no problem following the rules just want to make sure I do. THanks BigA!!!

I think he's talking about the free streaming UFC fights, movie/music links, etc.

I think he's talking about the free streaming UFC fights, movie/music links, etc.

:yeahthat: If it's something that you would need to pay for otherwise, you can't post it here anymore.

So no 'warez' pretty much?

Warez refers primarily to copyrighted works distributed without fees or royalties, and may be traded, in general violation of copyright law. The term generally refers to unauthorized releases by organized groups, as opposed to file sharing between friends or large groups of people with similar interest using a darknet. It usually does not refer to commercial software counterfeiting. This term was initially coined by members of the various computer underground circles, but has since become commonplace among Internet users and the mass media.

Since it got brought up in another thread I'll clarify it here. Youtube links are alright, they handle their own there and delete videos that violate copyright laws.

So no 'warez' pretty much?

Warez refers primarily to copyrighted works distributed without fees or royalties, and may be traded, in general violation of copyright law. The term generally refers to unauthorized releases by organized groups, as opposed to file sharing between friends or large groups of people with similar interest using a darknet. It usually does not refer to commercial software counterfeiting. This term was initially coined by members of the various computer underground circles, but has since become commonplace among Internet users and the mass media.

haha I haven't seen it called warez in a long time.. back since the old IRC days.

Wise decision.

Stories like this show how the USA - at the behest of the Media Companies - will go after anyone, anywhere to enforce IP laws...

It is no secret that the US Government has been actively involved in copyright enforcement in other countries, including Sweden. After the raid on The Pirate Bay’s servers in 2006, it became clear that the US had threatened to put Sweden on the WTO’s black list if they refused to deal with the Pirate Bay problem.

But that was not the end of the ‘collaboration’ between the US and Sweden on this front.

According to an unreleased US Embassy cable in possession of Swedish Television, the US pressure on Sweden to deal with file-sharing issues continued in the years that followed. In the cable, which dates back to 2008, the US Embassy presented a list of six items that they wanted to see addressed, all related to online copyright infringement.

A year later, five of these six items were indeed turned into action, including the appointment of more copyright police and prosecutors, backed up by educational anti-piracy campaigns. Of course, the Pirate Bay wasn’t left unmentioned in this cable either.

The cable writer mentions that it was hard for the Embassy to get openly involved in piracy related issues, because most of the press coverage was unfavorable towards the copyright industry.

“After the raid on The Pirate Bay on May 31, 2006, the issue of internet piracy was fiercely debated in Sweden. Press coverage was largely, and still is, unfavorable to the positions taken by the rights-holders and the United States Government,” the cable reads.

“The Pirate Bay raid was portrayed as the Government of Sweden caving in to United States Government pressure. This delicate situation made it difficult, if not counter-productive, for the Embassy to play a public role in IPR issues,” it adds.

I find that the younger a person is the more they have a sense of entitlement to free music, videos and so on. Now I understand that a lot is at our finger tips nowadays with the net but I have no problem paying for my music. When I mention this some of my young employees more or less tell me I am a fool to do so. Oh well, I dont mind paying for something I want.

No problem here Big A I will play by the rules, thanks as always.

Bump!

Im guilty of it. Wont happen again big A. :eek:

Great smart rule- brings unnecessry unneeded unwanted negative attention to board and who the hell needs that?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear