over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New bust. I like the lawyer

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
More lawyers need to tell the judge that steroids are not dangerous and the user isnt hurting anyone like this guy did. Seems to work too. I think the judge just thinks its a drug like every other drug and hands down the same sentence but a simple explanation seems to open these idiots eyes a little:

GRAHAM — The co-owner and manager of a Burlington gym and several other businesses pleaded guilty Thursday to possessing and distributing steroids.
Steven Emmanuel Harvalias, 26, of Creek Crossing Trail, Whitsett, was charged with possession of more than 4,000 dianabol pills and several other schedule III steroids in February 2010. Harvalias was receiving the drugs by mail delivery from India, where they are legal.
The State Bureau of Investigation, Alamance County Sheriff’s Office and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement began investigating Harvalias in November 2009. Officers watched Harvalias’ girlfriend pick up a Fed Ex package at a UPS store and deliver it to him at SuperFitness and SuperTans, Harvalias’ gym and tanning salon on Huffman Mill Road, Alamance County Assistant District Attorney Gene Morris said.
Inside the package were 2,900 dianabol pills. Harvalias led authorities to his home where he kept more steroids. He also admitted that he was selling steroids.
At the time, and while Harvalias was preparing for bodybuilding competitions, he took as many as 50 pills a day — combinations of steroids, fat burners and other drugs — his defense attorney, Rick Champion, said. But Harvalias didn’t sell to his own customers or trainers, Champion said.
“These aren’t the type of illicit drugs that ruin people’s lives,” Champion told Superior Court Judge Wayne Abernathy. “My client has never used cocaine or marijuana. He says he doesn’t want to put that kind of stuff in his body … I don’t think you’ll hear his name again except for the good things he’s doing in the community and with his business.”
Champion asked that Harvalias be sentenced to unsupervised probation.
Harvalias has no previous criminal record.
The state rejected a first-offender’s plea, which would have allowed deferred prosecution and possibly lesser charges.
“That is a lot of pills,” Morris said. “His girlfriend said she’d picked up about four packages for him within about six months before the investigation began.”
The state recommended two consecutive, suspended sentences and supervised probation.
Abernathy sentenced Harvalias to two suspended four- to five-month sentences and placed him on 12 months’ supervised probation. Harvalias was ordered to pay $600 restitution, a $250 fine and court costs. He must also submit to random drug screenings.
After four months Harvalias can be transferred to unsupervised probation if he is in compliance with the terms of his probation.
In addition to SuperFitness and SuperTans, Harvalias is also co-owner of Club Kryptonite and Ikon VIP Ultra Lounge.

But what led LE to to start investigating him? It kinda sounds like they were looking for a much bigger fish such as rec drugs or what not and stumbled into steroids. The guy does co own two night clubs in a large party tourist area.

simply put.....

if he got caught......he did it WRONG

:cool:

simply put.....

if he got caught......he did it WRONG

:cool:

True. However, if more did the same and made a precedent(or what ever) things could change in the law's eyes, so to speak.

The bigger picture will always be the way media views things...That's the bottom line.

he sold to someone he didnt know....or (didnt know well enough)

:(

don't EVER get a girl involved. she even admitted to picking up packages before they even being investigated - in other words she gave up everything she knew. the police would have never known about those if the girl hadn't flapped her lips

I think wasting all this time, money , and energy on steroids is crazy.

You can buy rec drugs so much easier than steroids. I don't see how this war on drugs is anything more than an attempt at getting more federal money wasted..

The Gov't should not control what you want to put into your body...and indeed they can't...

I dont think it was that if customs was watching him

Bingo. Saw a big pack, new it much more than personal use. Lets see where it leads...

Edit: Looks like he getting off easy... I bet he talked also. 1 pack had 2900 & his girl admitted to at least 4 more packs. Assuming they had the same contents... Just shy of 12000 units. And he not going to do any time? I take it back... I know he talked.

Last edited:
^^^ NO its b/c he had no priors. You will rarely see anyone do time if they have a clean record, esp on drug charges. Its possible but very rare. Eps for steroids.

^^^ NO its b/c he had no priors. You will rarely see anyone do time if they have a clean record, esp on drug charges. Its possible but very rare. Eps for steroids.

Zero priors is a key factor.

You will rarely see anyone do time if they have a clean record, esp on drug charge.

:p No disrespect... But thats a load of BS. I have shoe boxes full of letters from friends/family(Father & GrandFather) w/ no priors. They kept their mouths shut & got no leniency. He was caught & admitted to selling a scheduled controlled substance. How do you think you just get a "slap on the wrist"... Come on man...

Edit: Personal supply maybe... Not what he was caught w/.

Last edited:
:p No disrespect... But thats a load of BS. I have shoe boxes full of letters from friends/family(Father & GrandFather) w/ no priors. They kept their mouths shut & got no leniency. He was caught & admitted to selling a scheduled controlled substance. How do you think you just get a "slap on the wrist"... Come on man...

Edit: Personal supply maybe... Not what he was caught w/.

Some judges try to "make a point" when handing down a sentence and it sounds like your father & grandfather had one of those judges. I know plenty of people that had no priors, caught with lbs of marijuana, caught with cocaine, caught with prescription pills that never saw the inside of a jail cell. Not because they talked, because they had 2 things going for them, a clean record and a very good lawyer! Never count out the quality of the lawyer, your family members might have gotten a crap lawyer, there are plenty out there

4 different case, 4 different judges, 2 states & "reputable" lawyers out the ass. One was one of the best in Miami had to offer(120k paid to plea, no jury). Nothing in life is free, including the get out of jail card. Again, just my personal experience, obviously lots of different examples. You cant play the woes me addict card w/ juice... His fine & restitution barley equal what he had invested in the one pack(maybe two)... Negative ghostrider...

Edit... So the state or govt spent thousands to investigate(not to mention grand jury) him over the course of months, not just a random checkpoint pick-up. They have all this time & money into this guy & he gets probation & less than a grand in fines. No friggin way...

Last edited:
i guess it really depends on the judge and lawyer. I know 3 people with no priors who had been in trouble.

1.) 30kits, 8vials, 300 tabs.
Zero priors, 22yrs old, got something like $800 in fines for I dont remember what and 14months of probation with a deal that there will be no felony on his record if probation was complete. He got caught with all in his front seat on a routine traffic stop about 2yrs ago. Idiot but he got lucky.

2.) 4lbs weed, 50k in cash
Zero priors, got 8month sentence. The $$ is what caused more probs

3.) 800 X tabs
Zero priors, 2years probation with agreement of no felony on record when probation is complete.

^^^

Ive had friends busted with 3lbs marijuana get 1 yr probation (they had priors)

Friend busted with 250 Lortabs (prescription opiates) w/out prescription. No priors - 8yrs probation, good behavior = off in 5

ICU11B - if things are done by the book, no errors in the police work (evidence gathering, obtaining proper warrants, crossing T's and dotting I's), there isn't much a lawyer can do. However, when the samllest thing is missed, a good lawyer will se it and heavy sentences go right out the window. I've been arrested 2x, both times the officers did not collect the evidence at the scene, nullifying it and not allwoing it to be used. Because of there shotty work, my record is clean (except for the 2 arrests).

Our judicial system has MAJOR flaws. There are, however, some judges that don't want somebody's life ruined because of 1 mistake they made (murder/rape would be a different story obviously). But I know some judges like that

Heres the issue... We're not talking about our history, we both brought it up to show were not talking out our asses. This kid was done by the book, he admitted to it. There are no looming questions or evidence collected improperly. He got caught red handed(pink in this case). They invested both money & time into his investigation. The article say months... Now he has assets & obviously a big income... If they take it or fines out the ass they recoup the money, ease the budget & open more cases. Or you can pressure a shit head & have the same result, more cases. Without the pending cases nobody has a job, not cops, lawyers or Judge. Now I ask you... Do you think everybody wants to keep their nice cushy jobs or give this nice young man a break? 12000 units... Dosent matter what side of the law your on... Business is business.

Last edited:
There are people out there trying to change these silly steroid laws. We should all be active in this democracy to try to push for reasonable changes to the law. At the end of the day, the law still controls our fate whether we like it or not.

Heres the issue... We're not talking about our history, we both brought it up to show were not talking out our asses. This kid was done by the book, he admitted to it. There are no looming questions or evidence collected improperly. He got caught red handed(pink in this case). They invested both money & time into his investigation. The article say months... Now he has assets & obviously a big income... If they take it or fines out the ass they recoup the money, ease the budget & open more cases. Or you can pressure a shit head & have the same result, more cases. Without the pending cases nobody has a job, not cops, lawyers or Judge. Now I ask you... Do you think everybody wants to keep their nice cushy jobs or give this nice young man a break? 12000 units... Dosent matter what side of the law your on... Business is business.

10-4, I was just using myself as an example. But you are correct, there is no rhyme or reason for his BS sentence, or lack thereof, except for he probably did roll over on all his clientel.

Yeah, you really can't look past that much "product". Even if something was mishandled, they would cover it up. I believe you said that you thought he rolled in an earlier post and I must agree. It's not like they would say in the news coverage: "Man busted with 12,000 units of steroids gets cushy sentence as he agrees to give law enforcement all of hiscustomers".

There are people out there trying to change these silly steroid laws. We should all be active in this democracy to try to push for reasonable changes to the law. At the end of the day, the law still controls our fate whether we like it or not.

Agreed, but the problem is, the people on capitol hill make the laws. They control everything we do, they won't change it because the majority of Americans want it changed. It all boils down to what 300 old farts think is best

You guys gotta remember the whole "unit" thing is a joke. Its like when you see all the busts and they say "can face up to 50yrs in prison,etc.." thats just a scare tactic. The "units" never stick. They dont want cases to go to trial, they are too busy with murders,rape,etc.. thats why a plea is always offered and generally if the courts can get $$ thats all they care about, so fines come first, then the rest comes later. Most cases like this are happy with fines and probation. The DA isnt gonna waste their time fighting so some gym owner goes to jail for some dbol.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131