over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New diet review

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I'm trying to situate a new diet for the off season , want to steadly drop some body fat and maintain the muscle I have possibly build some lagging body parts up
so far this is what I have come up with , look it over and let me know what you would change. Note , I'm very carb sensitive this is the reason I'm trying to keep them low

Currently I'm running 265lbs , 10-12%BF. Training 3 days a week on a DC template , 60 min fasted cardio 2 of the off days a week

Meal 1: 1/2 cup instant oats , 3 scoops whey , 2 tablespoons almond butter , large apple

Meal 2: 6oz chicken , 6oz brown rice , 1oz almonds

Meal 3: 6oz chicken , 4oz strawberries+4oz cherries and 1/2oz crushed walnuts , mixed in 4oz cottage cheese

Meal 4: 3oz chicken 3 oz 95% ground beef , 4oz sweet potatos , 1cup fresh broccoli covered with 1 tablespoon EVOO

PWO : 3scoops Whey , 50g WMS

Meal 5: 8oz 95% ground beef or lean steak , 3cups babyspinach salad , 1 tablespoon EVOO and 2 tablspoons apple cider vinegar

Meal 6: 2 scoops Team Skip protein , 2 tablespoons almond butter

This is totaling around 3580 cals , 426g-protein , 205g-Carbs , 118g-Fats

All beef is free range grass fed and may be changed out for deer and elk from time to time , I thought that if I wasen't building any muscle on this I could add 2 boiled free range eggs to each meal , that would bring the protein up to 501-g and the fats to 178-G bringing the total calories to 4426

First time I read your post I thought it said you were 165lbs... was about to flame you for over-emphasizing the protein :banghead:

I know you said you are carb sensitive... but only 200g carbs in the offseason? Seems quite low to me. Personally, I would get AT LEAST 400g on training days, 200g is where I would have a guy like you mid-contest prep lol.

Well I ran 200g or so for most of the contest prep this year and even at reduce calories I felt fine , none of the bad fatigue that alot of guys complain about.
Even in the past on the Palumbo diet I felt ok untill I had been in ketosis for 10-12 days then started to lag some.

I just don't think my body type of genes need many carbs to function well and like I said I'm not realy trying to gain a ton of size as much as I am aiming o stay lean and reduice the body fat I have , untill this year my BF% was always in the 20% range and at the lowest was maybe 15% and that was 12-13 years ago. This year I had dieted and lost alot of fat and by the end my body had was done with losing and rather than add more sups to jack my metabolism up I decided to just cruise at the lower BF% for a while and let my body get acclimated to being this lean , then diet hard again to get leaner for next season

I had been staying at the 270-275lb mark eating 350g carbs a day and just for shits and giggles did a 3 day carb depletion and dropped back to 262 and look much better , so even at only 350g carbs a day it keeps me bloated as hell and I'm just concerned that it will hinder fat loss

bro, it seems you have been doing this for sometime (have some prior knowledge). . I myself am very carb sensitive. . . So, I have dedicated my career or shit almost that last ten years to carb cycling and it has done me wonders. WMS = don't like rather use malto. . again it's what works for me. For my post workout, I use malto about 2 tb's, brown rice syrup, 50 grams of whey, 1 table spoon of natty peanut butter, one scoop of CMI Post and Bedtime formula, 5 grams of gluta, 1 tb's spoon of EVOO. Been doing it for sometime and I have gotten great results. Remember one things to eat the same thing day in and day out. . it one of the culprits that make many break the diet. . I would be a bit more open minded about what I eat, salmon, tuna steaks, and other sources so you can have a great variety of foods

I'm working on a carb cycling plan right now , not sure if I wanna do like 1 day high 1 day no carbs bascialy doing carbs on my training days or just 2 days on carbs , 3 days off carbs.

I don't get any pleasure from eating realy and could pretty mcuh eat the same thing all day everyday , though I will change it up some to suit being able to eat out and eat at family functions and stuff.

I'd like to follow my own advice and hire a trainer agin for the off season but funds are tight rightnow and its hard enough funding the food

anybody else want to share their thoughts?

I would do Hi/Lo carb cycling (fuck medium days lol). 400g carbs on high days, 150g on low days. Adjust as you go. Otherwise I wouldn't change a thing... well, I prefer to have 25% of carbs pre-training, 25% during, and 25% post-training, with the other 25% spread evenly between all other meals. I am carb sensitive as well, so structuring things like that keeps most of the bloat off of me.

I think it looks great.
Those macros wrok well for me, although I'd probalby go even lower on carbs... I am not in a rush to put on more weight/muscle.
I like your carb sources too. I used to use moderate carbs from oats, potatoes etc until I realized that I hold less water and feel healthier when I usemostly veggies and a little fruit for carbs.
Our goals are probalby different as I want to stay tight, dry and as light as possible these days. This diet looks good to me.

I would say get some pasture dwelling eggs in there and some fatty fish like salmon.. Especially if you do well with fats..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear