over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Divisions at NPC Shows

Two sides

I see everyone's side that it will be annoying to have them backstage and might be a bad thing with how people perceive us because at every gym you have those abercrombie guys who check their abs out after every set in the gym mirror and wear cut off shirts down to their wastes and board shorts...and then they walk around like they are badasses..so I can see how it could be a bad thing

On the flip side of things my workout partner who has trained with me for over 5 years just can never get big enough to be a bodybuilder..he is 6'3 and weighs 210 with abs, but he has that model look to him so he was rather excited when I told him about this division. He goes to every show I compete and loves them so for him to be able to do this now he is stoked.

I guess it is all about the perception of things, but at the end of the day if it attracts more money and mainstream appeal to our sport then we should embrace it and see what comes...

what are board shorts? are those long shorts like surfers wear? does this mean you dont have to have good legs?

I see everyone's side that it will be annoying to have them backstage and might be a bad thing with how people perceive us because at every gym you have those abercrombie guys who check their abs out after every set in the gym mirror and wear cut off shirts down to their wastes and board shorts...and then they walk around like they are badasses..so I can see how it could be a bad thing

On the flip side of things my workout partner who has trained with me for over 5 years just can never get big enough to be a bodybuilder..he is 6'3 and weighs 210 with abs, but he has that model look to him so he was rather excited when I told him about this division. He goes to every show I compete and loves them so for him to be able to do this now he is stoked.

I guess it is all about the perception of things, but at the end of the day if it attracts more money and mainstream appeal to our sport then we should embrace it and see what comes...

exactly...but also you guys think these guys are going to be Abercrombie models...there not going to be by any means, there going to be like greg plitt or Max Philisaire

although i do think the board shorts are dumb because they dont show off the quads, they need to wear like boxer briefs (no homo) lol

I judged the State show here today; the womens figure and fitness were over 60% of the contestants. I only will judge the "real" bodybuilding divisions for men and women. I thought to myself that it was really sad what bodybuilding contests have turned into vs the years of real, pure men and women bodybuilding shows. It looked like a circus today. Over a hundred women (which isn't really a bad thing LOL laying all over the floors outside the stage entrance with mirrors and putting on their lipstick and makeup and all. Made me realize that the show was nothing like the old days of mens and women's bodybuilding . After the men and womens bodybuilding prejudging was over today , I had to sit through some of the most horrible dance routines and costumes. I thought and laughed to myself that it was really a circus and became sad what NPC shows have become. Very sad , really, and now they are adding this physique division? the bodybuilding part of the show will really only become a side show to the audience which are there to watch the hokey dance and fitness routines. Some of the routines were similar to the ones I have seen in *t**y bars LOL. I voted against the figure and fitness when it was first brought up at NPC meetings in fear that this is what bodybuilding would beome. Of course the rationale was that it would fill the promoters contests and in turn there would be more contest promoters and also fill the NPCs always thirsty pocketbooks also. Enough of my rant LOL...I just want to say after being a part of the NPC since 1978 I am very dismayed at hearing about these physique divisions. I had heard about this through other NPC officials but thought alot of it was rumor.....

I couldn't believe it myself..... when i heard this.. but its confirmed!

I judged the State show here today; the womens figure and fitness were over 60% of the contestants. I only will judge the "real" bodybuilding divisions for men and women. I thought to myself that it was really sad what bodybuilding contests have turned into vs the years of real, pure men and women bodybuilding shows. It looked like a circus today. Over a hundred women (which isn't really a bad thing LOL laying all over the floors outside the stage entrance with mirrors and putting on their lipstick and makeup and all. Made me realize that the show was nothing like the old days of mens and women's bodybuilding . After the men and womens bodybuilding prejudging was over today , I had to sit through some of the most horrible dance routines and costumes. I thought and laughed to myself that it was really a circus and became sad what NPC shows have become. Very sad , really, and now they are adding this physique division? the bodybuilding part of the show will really only become a side show to the audience which are there to watch the hokey dance and fitness routines. Some of the routines were similar to the ones I have seen in *t**y bars LOL. I voted against the figure and fitness when it was first brought up at NPC meetings in fear that this is what bodybuilding would beome. Of course the rationale was that it would fill the promoters contests and in turn there would be more contest promoters and also fill the NPCs always thirsty pocketbooks also. Enough of my rant LOL...I just want to say after being a part of the NPC since 1978 I am very dismayed at hearing about these physique divisions. I had heard about this through other NPC officials but thought alot of it was rumor.....

Mike,

isnt it true that the promoter is allow to have any division he wants...so if he doesnt want to have bikini or men physiques division he is allowed not to have does division...

I'm tired of the "if it makes more money" argument...

I could make more money by selling crack. Doesn't mean it's good for me.

I'm tired of the "if it makes more money" argument...

I could make more money by selling crack. Doesn't mean it's good for me.

Could you make more money by selling more than one type of car in your car lot?

How about instead of the honda accord you have every honda make and model..

WEIRD IDEA THAT HAVING OPTIONS MAKES MONEY. WHEW THOSE CRAZY BUSINESS MEN. It's as if they realize if they diversify, they can make more money.

Well if you sell lamborguinis it might hurt your biz to start selling hondas in the same lot.

I'm all for buisnessmen making money. But you have to know your market.

Well if you sell lamborguinis it might hurt your biz to start selling hondas in the same lot.

I'm all for buisnessmen making money. But you have to know your market.

You have to understand that this all comes down to opinion on the person. You may think of bodybuilders as the lamborghini's, but there are plenty of people in society that see us far differently and think of us more like a hummer.

Your pretty boy physique model may be their ferrari, or lamborghini..

So would it hurt to have a lot full of just porsche 911's? Or To have a lot full of exotic sports cars?... Variety, my friend.

Needless to say it will be interesting to see what the judging criteria will be for the new men's physique division.

Vintagemuscle

Yeah Fade, I'm more like a crew cab Silverado!

Hey mikeheavypecs, what dance routines and custumes were you talking about. There was only one fitness competitor with a routine and costume in the show this weekend! I swear some people on this board just make up comments! Wait until the results are posted only one person did a dance routine!

then you gotta think?????

will they be ALLOWED to "crossover"???

lol.....what a nightmare

novice bb, open bb, novice phy, open phy

a throphy whore dream come true:D

then you gotta think?????

will they be ALLOWED to "crossover"???

lol.....what a nightmare

novice bb, open bb, novice phy, open phy

a throphy whore dream come true:D

Hahahahah I agree there should be no novice phy!

Additionally, in a close vote, the NPC has decided to go forward with the new wet t-shirt division:eek:.
Television coverage is expected from Spike TV.

You have to understand that this all comes down to opinion on the person. You may think of bodybuilders as the lamborghini's, but there are plenty of people in society that see us far differently and think of us more like a hummer.

Your pretty boy physique model may be their ferrari, or lamborghini..

So would it hurt to have a lot full of just porsche 911's? Or To have a lot full of exotic sports cars?... Variety, my friend.

Well while we are are at it, we could add chunky girl physique and fat bastard physique, because hey, it fills the seats!

According to Bob Chicarillo, Women's Physique (WPD) will NOT replace FBB; it's simply a new division that's in between Figure and Bodybuilding. It's my understanding that bigger, harder Figure girls will fit the criteria he outlined:

"Basically, we're looking for slightly bigger than a "too big" figure competitor, and slightly smaller than a Lt Weight BB...smaller being relative to height, of course. A taller, bigger girl could certainly compete in this division....it's the LEVEL of muscularity that will be held in check, as well as the level of conditioning...

Meaning...were not looking for big , muscular and smooth....and not looking for small and ripped either...

Athletic looking, accentuating symmetry, proportion, shape, tone, posing, presentation, skin tone, beauty, poise....

There will be mandatory poses and routines just like in FBB, except they will be softened up via open hand shots, etc...those are being put together as we speak

The master plan is for WPD to debut in 2011 with 6 qualifying shows, leading into a Pro division at start of the 2012. What happens to FBB remains to be seen... "

Also, according to Steve Weinberger, FBB is not going anywhere.

Gina Aliotti and Larissa Reis have been suggested as good examples for WPD.

Personally, I'm in favor of WPD, because the bigger Figure girls will move to that division, leaving Figure more in line with my smaller look. I admire both those ladies and would LOVE to look like them, but it's doubtful I'll ever achieve that look. :eek:

Several other federations already have a Men's Physique division. They just call it something different, like Men's Fitness Model or Male Sports Model. I'm picturing The Situation has the poster child for this division ... :eek:

Attachments

• GinaAlioti.jpg
    GinaAlioti.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 229
The NPC Southern States Championships in South Florida have had a men's fitness category for a number of years. Some of those competitors actually could have competed in the lighter classes of the bodybuilding portion of the show.

Vintagemuscle

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity