advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New game plan to grow.... Input please!!!

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I wanna run an idea past you guys. So I've been having trouble gaining weight on my current diet setup. 325 protein, 500 carb and 65 added fats plus others from foods. So my plan is to eat everytime I'm truely hungry, no set amount of meals, could be 10 could be 6. At each meal I'll have 50 pro/45-55 carb/20-25 fats and on training days I'll have a pre/ intra and pwo shake of 50 carb/25 whey ISO.

I'll be running peps and aas plus possibly slin with peri nutrition. I wanna put on another 15 and then give it a few months to solidify before I diet for me next show.

Input appreciated

P.s. I'm saving my cash to hire a diet coach for my contest. Just bought a new house and a diet coach isn't in the books for right now

Regardless of whatever other people say, I am actually a believer in the "eat when hungry" principle.

Although it is simple on paper, it is advanced in its implementation. There are many things that can trigger "hunger" as many as can trigger "fullness".
(dehydration, the body's internal food clock, blood sugar fluctuation etc etc)

I am more of a fan (for now) of methodical implementation of caloric increases.

If you know exactly what you are taking in, then you know exactly how to change it.

I don't think your previous numbers are bad. Just keep kicking up the fat for a while. You don't have to change your insulin use or food intake, just simply shift your macros around to accommodate your peri-workout nutrition. All the while slowly kicking your calories up.

Trust and follow the mirror. If you want to gain 15 pounds you can drink two gallons of water and hold your piss :p

Just my 0.02

Last edited:
Regardless of whatever other people say, I am actually a believer in the "eat when hungry" principle.

Although it is simple on paper, it is advanced in its implementation. There are many things that can trigger "hunger" as many as can trigger "fullness".
(dehydration, the body's internal food clock, blood sugar fluctuation etc etc)

I am more of a fan (for now) of methodical implementation of caloric increases.

If you know exactly what you are taking in, then you know exactly how to change it.

I don't think your previous numbers are bad. Just keep kicking up the fat for a while. You don't have to change your insulin use or food intake, just simply shift your macros around to accommodate your peri-workout nutrition. All the while slowly kicking your calories up.

Trust and follow the mirror. If you want to gain 15 pounds you can drink two gallons of water and hold your piss :p

Just my 0.02

Lol at the water comment.... I agree with what ur saying here. I've decided to up the fats bc I have been reading a lot of palumbos writing and believe in what he is preaching. I've been doing a high carb low fat approach for about two months and have made gains but am plateauing , so I wanna see what this change can have in store.

As far as the eating when hungry, it just makes sense to me. If I work and 8 hour shift I'm which I'm constantly walking and working plus the gym plus at home activities, my bodies def gonna want more calories than a lazy Saturday on my couch watching football.

Phil I'd love to hear som of your insight on this.

Also if like to hear some feedback on the macro breakdown. Too much fat? Carbs? Protein?

If it helps I'm 6'1 245lbs and lean enough to see my abs when hitting poses. Not deep etched and but they are there

Also I'm always hungry every 2.5 hrs if not sooner, I have a very big appetite so getting in enough meals for growth won't be a problem

I think you have the right idea. I might not let the fat per meal get over 20g if you are doing 50g carbs though. Only way to really tell is to just do it for a week. Count your meals for each day and get daily weights and see how everything ends up in a week.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear