New Gym and Technogym Equipment

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
I just joined a new gym and I am made up. I was going to join another one for 1 year and visited this just incase. It's part of a chain and I visited another (same company) beforehand and was disappointed but I am so glad I decided to try another one.

It was completely different to the one before and is like a nightclub when you walk in. It's really dark (lighting in certain areas) which I don't mind but parts of the gym are too dark. I kept missing the pin in the weight stack on the machines it's that dark inside :eek::D But they have hammer strength style equipment, pin loaded machines and free motion. They even have various stretching machines and an inversion table and all top of the line stuff.

Have you guys have come across the newer technogym equipment? I noticed they have screens in front and it comes on when you but the pin in the weight rack. It even recognizes the weight and has it on the screen and counts every rep you do. You can see a little line move as you lift the weight up. Then when you stop a timer comes up so you can time your rest periods. I thought it was pretty cool.

I don't go to classes but checked inside 2 of them and couldn't believe it. One is bright neon blue inside and has 10 stripper poles installed.

They play some good music which is a nice change from the crap that is played in most gyms. I recall a club version of Michael Jackson Thriller playing.

I can really push things now so looking forward to lot's of gains this year :)

Sounds pretty nice. I know a change of scenery is a good thing ever so often!

Yea really sounds nice, i dont have gym like that around me :mad:

Sounds horrible! LOL!! I'm old school.

So you wouldn't try the pole dancing class? :D Matey I have always been the same. I always preferred old school equipment and hardcore gyms. Now for me it's all about the actual equipment and I don't really care if that is in a modern gym or a shithole one. I look for plate loaded machines and due to my lower back things like squat machines are always useful. This gym has a squat machine and a plate loaded leg press. A plate loaded leg press should be a given in nearly every gym but not my old gym. Another issue most of the gyms here the db's are so light. I hear US guys complaining x gym only goes to 150 etc. Over here 40kg max in most (95%+) gyms which is about 90 pounds :eek::p So plate loaded machines are very important for me and of course a few benches etc.

Most importantly I walked in and saw a few guys really pushing it. It wasn't busy but some bigger guys which is always a good sign. A bigger personal trainer which makes a change as most personal trainers I see these days don't even look like they train. So it's no softy gym were they want people not to push it out of fear of ruining the "atmosphere". I trained legs and went a bit crazy and was just left to it. No real point even starting this thread I was just so happy. Gonna go and train back and chest now.

You do get ripped off though when you get short contracts over here. I decided to do 3 months... $450 :eek: I should have just got a year.

That sounds fucking horrible.

I mean it's one thing on boring monotonous cardio equipment to have screens, but to put that shit on a actual weighted machine.

If your lifting hard enough your not going to pay attention to any of that shit anyway.

The gym I'm at now is OLD SCHOOL barbells Dumbbells and very basic old school machines. You can smell the rust the iron and the sweaty humidity when you walk into the door and it just flips a fucking switch. Like ok now I'm in a gym and it's time to grip some fucking iron. Idk man I love old school shit. Let the soccer moms have that new technology shit lol.

So you wouldn't try the pole dancing class? :D Matey I have always been the same. I always preferred old school equipment and hardcore gyms. Now for me it's all about the actual equipment and I don't really care if that is in a modern gym or a shithole one. I look for plate loaded machines and due to my lower back things like squat machines are always useful. This gym has a squat machine and a plate loaded leg press. A plate loaded leg press should be a given in nearly every gym but not my old gym. Another issue most of the gyms here the db's are so light. I hear US guys complaining x gym only goes to 150 etc. Over here 40kg max in most (95%+) gyms which is about 90 pounds :eek::p So plate loaded machines are very important for me and of course a few benches etc.

Most importantly I walked in and saw a few guys really pushing it. It wasn't busy but some bigger guys which is always a good sign. A bigger personal trainer which makes a change as most personal trainers I see these days don't even look like they train. So it's no softy gym were they want people not to push it out of fear of ruining the "atmosphere". I trained legs and went a bit crazy and was just left to it. No real point even starting this thread I was just so happy. Gonna go and train back and chest now.

You do get ripped off though when you get short contracts over here. I decided to do 3 months... $450 :eek: I should have just got a year.

El I'm with you on the plate loaded equipment. I train alone these days and between my surgeries and ankylosing spondylitis, I mostly stick with plate loaded BUT I like being in the atmosphere of free weights near by. A night club type setting for a gym and equipment that has video screens is not for me, unless it's a treadmill or some other cardio piece which would help make it somewhat bearable. Like Big L said, you can smell the rust! LOL!!

That sounds fucking horrible.

I mean it's one thing on boring monotonous cardio equipment to have screens, but to put that shit on a actual weighted machine.

If your lifting hard enough your not going to pay attention to any of that shit anyway.

The gym I'm at now is OLD SCHOOL barbells Dumbbells and very basic old school machines. You can smell the rust the iron and the sweaty humidity when you walk into the door and it just flips a fucking switch. Like ok now I'm in a gym and it's time to grip some fucking iron. Idk man I love old school shit. Let the soccer moms have that new technology shit lol.

El I'm with you on the plate loaded equipment. I train alone these days and between my surgeries and ankylosing spondylitis, I mostly stick with plate loaded BUT I like being in the atmosphere of free weights near by. A night club type setting for a gym and equipment that has video screens is not for me, unless it's a treadmill or some other cardio piece which would help make it somewhat bearable. Like Big L said, you can smell the rust! LOL!!

I get this completely. It's not like I will be looking at the screen when lifting weights. They are only small so they don't get in the way. I only every count reps for warm up sets but don't need a screen to do that. The tension and feel are great on the machines though so that is the most important thing. The gym has a deadlift area and squat racks etc so not just high tech machines.

I just got back and had a great workout. It seems most of the bodybuilders in this city must go to this gym. I seen a few obvious competitors and I very rarely see anyone like that in other gyms (maybe 1 in 6 months). Nice blonde girl who was ripped and big and well obviously on some/many hormonal aids... again extremely rare in this city.

I just went up to 4 plates a side on the back low rows but it felt good to do that movement. I will push the weight up over the next few months. Bio you know my back is bad so machines like that are great for me. They have great high and low back free motion machines too.

I will post some vids in my log over the next few months as I want to get strong. I noticed they have a hammer strength shoulder press I haven't used yet. I will see how it feels but I hope to be pushing 6 plates a side for 15 reps on that in a few months.

The gym isn't exactly huge but they pack a lot of stuff in there. Before I noticed they have 2 EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulator) machines. I have never seen anything like that in a gym. They look like big bullet proof vests that you put on over your head. I noticed they pulsed the chest and abs not sure about the back. I don't think they get used and I obviously won't be using them but they are suppose to be quite good.

I don't mind newer equipment they don't all have to be "hard core" rooms with bags of dog food in the corner and pit bulls running around. The machine is simply a means to an end all that matters is how it makes me feel.

My only concern is the type of members the place attracts and if your going to have other people working out beside you who are as serious as you are. That makes a bigger difference to me mentally than if my machine counts my reps for me.

I don't mind newer equipment they don't all have to be "hard core" rooms with bags of dog food in the corner and pit bulls running around. The machine is simply a means to an end all that matters is how it makes me feel.

My only concern is the type of members the place attracts and if your going to have other people working out beside you who are as serious as you are. That makes a bigger difference to me mentally than if my machine counts my reps for me.

I see a lot of hard trainers in gyms here. My old gym had a mixture of people which I don't mind at all. All gyms will always have a mixture but his new one is definitely full of more serious lifters. There was only about 20-30 people in there and I could have picked 5 guys who people would deem very impressive on here. I can get into that zone no matter where I am but as you allude to when you have like minded people around you it's always better. I actually wore my 5% black and green hoodie today :eek: I figured you would like that. Some guy approached me and said it was nice and where did I buy it :p Bio don't rip me for having a 5% hoodie :D

Yea a lot of the gyms limit the size of the dumbbells due to liability reasons. Too many people have dropped them gotten hurt and sued the gyms. I used to be a plaintiffs lawyer but even I don't respect The guy who mishandled a 150 pound dumbbell and drops it on his foot and sues The gym. The insurance carriers are the ones pulling the strings as they are the party writing the check whenever one of these claims is filed.
I apologize for the rant but couldn't help it as this issue strikes a nerve with me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I don't mind the dark (hate bright fluorescent lights), and hammer machines are always nice, but the atmosphere in that place sounds like it would attract just the people I'm trying to avoid.

I see a lot of hard trainers in gyms here. My old gym had a mixture of people which I don't mind at all. All gyms will always have a mixture but his new one is definitely full of more serious lifters. There was only about 20-30 people in there and I could have picked 5 guys who people would deem very impressive on here. I can get into that zone no matter where I am but as you allude to when you have like minded people around you it's always better. I actually wore my 5% black and green hoodie today :eek: I figured you would like that. Some guy approached me and said it was nice and where did I buy it :p Bio don't rip me for having a 5% hoodie :D

That's awesome! Lol made my day! Don't let those haters stop ya Elvia!

Sorry had to chime in here ... ��
You are definitely only there for the pole dancing class!!!
����������

You know me so well... actually you really do! I bet Barbie likes a bit of pole dancing :p

As long as you are lifting!

That is what counts! 👍

Techno gym is a pretty old company.. Mostly in euro gyms or asia.. They are like Life Fitness here.. A big company .. They have some very unique pieces... They and Panatta Sport battle it out for shares of the fitness industry in Europe and Asia..

I'm the same too. My old gym sometimes didn't even run the air conditioning in the summer. Times it would be up near 100 in there it seemed. We did have big ceiling fans though.

Now I lift in the unfinished part of my basement. Just a squat rack and a bench, simple pulldown/row machine. Cement floor and walls. Play lots of Pantera and Disturbed!

Dang! I used to lift at Golds here in the US, back in 2008, membership was $300 a year. It was a nice gym too.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131