over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New health update

Rainmanisback

Registered
Guys,

I wanted to provide a follow up of my last health test, where about 6 months ago I decided I was going to check my cardiovascular system after turning 46 yo. Motivated for personal reasons (business) and for health reasons (people passing away on the industry and friends of mine also bodybuilders that passed away in their 40s).

I have been dealing with high blood pressure for a while and finally decided that was time to take measures to bring it under control, which I did. I have had issues with high cholesterol all my life, despite having a clean diet for year, I was always high LDL and high total Cholesterol, my max reading was 400+ total Cholesterol at one point.

Men in my family tend to get diabetic and eventually they have died due to organ complications mainly hear attacks, but all of them have died between 73 and 92 years old, so no early deaths in my family history.

First battery of test was:

Calcium Score.
Result: Zero
Angiogram CT. Result: No visible plaque was found
EKG. Result: The EKG showed an electrical alteration, like if my heart was using more electricity than normal to beat. According to the doctor this could be a sign of hypertrophy of the walls of the heart, and this could be due to a. exercise (reversible) or due to b. high BP (not reversible). He recommended an eco-cardiogram and a stress test

Eco. Result: My heart is normal size and it does not presents any thickness on the walls of the heart. My ejection fraction is normal. However, it seems that the vails of the heart valves, which allow the flow of blood in and out of the heart, one of them is a little larger than the other one, so when they close, the large one overlaps the other one and there is a little blood licking out... he says I probably was born with that and that as long as I keep my BP under control it should be no issue.

So all good new this far...

Now, the stress test: The stress test has 7 stages of difficulty. I had to stop the nebivolol a few days prior this test.... when I got to stage 3 which was not demanding a lot from me, I could kept going as I do a lot of cardio in thr first place, but by then my blood pressure was already 220 over 92, which according to the protocol is a red flag and the test most be stopped, which the Dr. did. So that's a concern why my BP skyrocketed like that despite me being on BP meds?

Bloodwork:

Special chemistry:

Brain natriuretic peptide test: <20.0 pg/ml
GLYCOHEMOGLOBIN 6.2 (4.0-6.0) RED FLAG HERE
Average Blood Glucose: 143 (65-136) RED FLAG HERE
PCR high sensitivity: 0.72 mg/l (Low : < 1.0)
MICROALBUMINURIA (Random): 3.03 ug/ml (0-30)
Free T4: 1.00 ng/dl (0.79-2.19)
TSH (Thyroid Stim. Horm.): 2.77 (0.40-5.00)
CREATINE PHOSPHOKINASE (CPK): 1033 U/L (24-195) RED FLAG HERE? My CPK is always thru the roof*
CALCIUM: 9.6 mg/dl (8.4-10.2)

Complete Blood Count:

W. Blood Cells: 6.35 (4.00-11.00)
R. Blood Cells: 5.27 (4.00-6.20)
Hemoglobine: 15.9 (11.0-18.0)

Hematocrits: 47.4 (33.0-55.0)
VCM: 89.9 (80-100)
HCM: 30.2 (26.0-34.0)
CCMH: 33.5 (31.0-35.0)
IDE: 13.6 (10.0-16.0)
Platelets: 273 (150-400)
Everything else on this panel in range so no red flags...

Urine:

Color: Yellow
Look: light
Specific G.: 1.015
ph: 5.0
GLUCOSE: negative
ALBUMIN: negative
NITRITOS: negative
ACETONE: negative
H. BLOOD: negative
BILIS: negative
WHITE CELLS: 0-2 X C
CEL. EPITHELIAL: Not many

General Chemistry:

Glucose: 108 RED FLAG HERE
UREA NITROGEN: 38 (not concern about this one)
Creatinine: 1.3 RED FLAG HERE
URIC ACID: 4.7
Cholesterol: 101
TRIGLYCERIDES: 37
HDL-CHOLESTEROL: 45
LDL-CHOLESTEROL: 49
Total protein: 6.60
Albumine: 4.49
Globuline: 2.11
T. OXALACETICA (TGO/AST): 27
T. PYRUVICA (TGP/ALT): 32
Sodium: 139
Potassium: 4.2

Summary: my main concern is obviously my blood glucose levels, I need to figure out what of all these is f-ing up my slin sensitive... Any thoughts or advice will be much appreciated. Is this diabetic state reversible?

A little background about me:

Training: 30 years
Seriously training and competing: 10 years
Starting Body weight: 173 pounds
Max ever weight: 275 pounds (my max ever 18 months ago)
Stage weight: 225 pounds (max ever)
Current weight: 230 pounds
BF: and circa 10%
Use of PEDs: 12 years
Used AAS: anavar, anadrol, testosterone (in all its forms), winstrol, bodelnone, primobolan, trebolone, deca, and NPP.
Current Cycle: been on 150mg of test and 150mg a week for 5 months
Max ever blast: 2g of test, 1g of tren, 1g of primobolan, 200 mg of anavar, and 100 mg of anadrol on training days for about 20 weeks
For fat loss: clen
Growth factors: HGH
Max GHG ever: 14 ius on training days
Current growth factor: 2 ius per day
Insulin: Lantus and Human R
Max Insulin: 100 ius of Lantus day for about 1 to 2 weeks and then off / but usually it will be 10 ius of Humar-R insulin with every meal 6 times a day.
Cycle protocol: Blast and bridge for the most part of the last 12 years, with a few up to 4 months could turkey drop of all drugs

Medications:

Ibersartan 300mg per day (blood pressure)
Ibapamide 1.5mg a day (blood pressure)
Quetiapine 900mg a day (stress and insomnia)
Nobivolol 5mg a day (heart rate and BP)
Allegra F (allergies)
Atorvastatine 20mg
Ezetimibe 10mg

Diet:
Very clean diet
Very low read meet high in seafood and chicken
Includes carbs and fruits ( I spent many years on low to no carbs diets)

Guys,

I wanted to provide a follow up of my last health test, where about 6 months ago I decided I was going to check my cardiovascular system after turning 46 yo. Motivated for personal reasons (business) and for health reasons (people passing away on the industry and friends of mine also bodybuilders that passed away in their 40s).

I have been dealing with high blood pressure for a while and finally decided that was time to take measures to bring it under control, which I did. I have had issues with high cholesterol all my life, despite having a clean diet for year, I was always high LDL and high total Cholesterol, my max reading was 400+ total Cholesterol at one point.

Men in my family tend to get diabetic and eventually they have died due to organ complications mainly hear attacks, but all of them have died between 73 and 92 years old, so no early deaths in my family history.

First battery of test was:

Calcium Score.
Result: Zero
Angiogram CT. Result: No visible plaque was found
EKG. Result: The EKG showed an electrical alteration, like if my heart was using more electricity than normal to beat. According to the doctor this could be a sign of hypertrophy of the walls of the heart, and this could be due to a. exercise (reversible) or due to b. high BP (not reversible). He recommended an eco-cardiogram and a stress test

Eco. Result: My heart is normal size and it does not presents any thickness on the walls of the heart. My ejection fraction is normal. However, it seems that the vails of the heart valves, which allow the flow of blood in and out of the heart, one of them is a little larger than the other one, so when they close, the large one overlaps the other one and there is a little blood licking out... he says I probably was born with that and that as long as I keep my BP under control it should be no issue.

So all good new this far...

Now, the stress test: The stress test has 7 stages of difficulty. I had to stop the nebivolol a few days prior this test.... when I got to stage 3 which was not demanding a lot from me, I could kept going as I do a lot of cardio in thr first place, but by then my blood pressure was already 220 over 92, which according to the protocol is a red flag and the test most be stopped, which the Dr. did. So that's a concern why my BP skyrocketed like that despite me being on BP meds?

Bloodwork:

Special chemistry:

Brain natriuretic peptide test: <20.0 pg/ml
GLYCOHEMOGLOBIN 6.2 (4.0-6.0) RED FLAG HERE
Average Blood Glucose: 143 (65-136) RED FLAG HERE
PCR high sensitivity: 0.72 mg/l (Low : < 1.0)
MICROALBUMINURIA (Random): 3.03 ug/ml (0-30)
Free T4: 1.00 ng/dl (0.79-2.19)
TSH (Thyroid Stim. Horm.): 2.77 (0.40-5.00)
CREATINE PHOSPHOKINASE (CPK): 1033 U/L (24-195) RED FLAG HERE? My CPK is always thru the roof*
CALCIUM: 9.6 mg/dl (8.4-10.2)

Complete Blood Count:

W. Blood Cells: 6.35 (4.00-11.00)
R. Blood Cells: 5.27 (4.00-6.20)
Hemoglobine: 15.9 (11.0-18.0)

Hematocrits: 47.4 (33.0-55.0)
VCM: 89.9 (80-100)
HCM: 30.2 (26.0-34.0)
CCMH: 33.5 (31.0-35.0)
IDE: 13.6 (10.0-16.0)
Platelets: 273 (150-400)
Everything else on this panel in range so no red flags...

Urine:

Color: Yellow
Look: light
Specific G.: 1.015
ph: 5.0
GLUCOSE: negative
ALBUMIN: negative
NITRITOS: negative
ACETONE: negative
H. BLOOD: negative
BILIS: negative
WHITE CELLS: 0-2 X C
CEL. EPITHELIAL: Not many

General Chemistry:

Glucose: 108 RED FLAG HERE
UREA NITROGEN: 38 (not concern about this one)
Creatinine: 1.3 RED FLAG HERE
URIC ACID: 4.7
Cholesterol: 101
TRIGLYCERIDES: 37
HDL-CHOLESTEROL: 45
LDL-CHOLESTEROL: 49
Total protein: 6.60
Albumine: 4.49
Globuline: 2.11
T. OXALACETICA (TGO/AST): 27
T. PYRUVICA (TGP/ALT): 32
Sodium: 139
Potassium: 4.2

Summary: my main concern is obviously my blood glucose levels, I need to figure out what of all these is f-ing up my slin sensitive... Any thoughts or advice will be much appreciated. Is this diabetic state reversible?

A little background about me:

Training: 30 years
Seriously training and competing: 10 years
Starting Body weight: 173 pounds
Max ever weight: 275 pounds (my max ever 18 months ago)
Stage weight: 225 pounds (max ever)
Current weight: 230 pounds
BF: and circa 10%
Use of PEDs: 12 years
Used AAS: anavar, anadrol, testosterone (in all its forms), winstrol, bodelnone, primobolan, trebolone, deca, and NPP.
Current Cycle: been on 150mg of test and 150mg a week for 5 months
Max ever blast: 2g of test, 1g of tren, 1g of primobolan, 200 mg of anavar, and 100 mg of anadrol on training days for about 20 weeks
For fat loss: clen
Growth factors: HGH
Max GHG ever: 14 ius on training days
Current growth factor: 2 ius per day
Insulin: Lantus and Human R
Max Insulin: 100 ius of Lantus day for about 1 to 2 weeks and then off / but usually it will be 10 ius of Humar-R insulin with every meal 6 times a day.
Cycle protocol: Blast and bridge for the most part of the last 12 years, with a few up to 4 months could turkey drop of all drugs

Medications:

Ibersartan 300mg per day (blood pressure)
Ibapamide 1.5mg a day (blood pressure)
Quetiapine 900mg a day (stress and insomnia)
Nobivolol 5mg a day (heart rate and BP)
Allegra F (allergies)
Atorvastatine 20mg
Ezetimibe 10mg

Diet:
Very clean diet
Very low read meet high in seafood and chicken
Includes carbs and fruits ( I spent many years on low to no carbs diets)
Read about quetiapine and blood sugar, that’s a significant dose for insomnia.

I'm not a doctor but just looking at all that, I see your a big guy (high bmi), you have used quite a bit of ped (clen currently?), and your on 7 different prescription medications. Do you think all are necessary?

How much cardio are you currently doing per week?

I'm not a doctor but just looking at all that, I see your a big guy (high bmi), you have used quite a bit of ped (clen currently?), and your on 7 different prescription medications. Do you think all are necessary?

Good question: short answer is I believe I have to get rid of the quetiapine 900 mg a day of anything feels like a bad idea even if my shrink things is a safe option compared to other drugs like it. Ibersartan for high BP and nebivolol for hearth health are actually very interesting drugs which benefits go beyond their main function, so just like I do with PEDs, I use them to enhance my health. I would like to get rid of the diuretic at some point but I know it works well with the BP med. I tried everything under the sun natural to fight high cholesterol but it didn't work, and despite that there was no significant plaque (soft or hard) in my arteries, there could still be some plaque, so not only the cholesterol drugs help me dropping my LDL, it also help by hardening the soft plaque that might be there but can't be detected in the MRI

Up to 5 months ago I was doing a sick amount of cardio as I was getting ready to participate in my first triathlon, so at one point I was doing 2 to 3 hours of cardio a day, 7 days a week (and no guys I didn't lose my muscle, I was slow as fk :) though) and did that for about 6 months, but then I got COVID while traveling to NY and Mexico, and after that my cardio is not the same, so now I'm doing 20 to 30 min of slow cardio 4 to 5 x week

Curious...what do you do for a living that allows you to drop everything and train for a triathlon?
Triathlon training is a full time job in itself.
Your labs/test scores look pretty good IMO.
One set of labs/test scores doesn't really give a firm baseline. Just one point in time.
Your labs were fasted?

CPK and Creatinine and normally higher is athletes. Did you train hard in the 2 days prior to you lab draw?
Maybe track you A1C moving forward? Metformin?
Still taking GH?

Lots of detail and info in your post with the tests and experience with comounds- good job!

One thing you didn't list tho is your current diet and the types of diets and amounts you have used in the past? That might give some insight into your glucose numbers. Historically have you have BG and/or issues with your A1C?

You listed your "max" insulate past usage but what's been your "normal current" and past insulin use? Any GDA or Metformin use in the past?

Curious...what do you do for a living that allows you to drop everything and train for a triathlon?
Triathlon training is a full time job in itself.
Your labs/test scores look pretty good IMO.
One set of labs/test scores doesn't really give a firm baseline. Just one point in time.
Your labs were fasted?
Hey, I own a few businesses that are at a point where I don't need to be fully involve for them to function, so that allows me that type of flexibility. I was also training for a. A sprint which is the shortest type of triathlon, and b. I wasn't trying to win but to make it to the finish line. My main objective was to be able to get back in shape despite the muscle mass I carry and it worked pretty well, but I did got burned out and COVID didn't help with motivation to be honest...
I was exactly 8 hours and 15 min. fasted

CPK and Creatinine and normally higher is athletes. Did you train hard in the 2 days prior to you lab draw?
Maybe track you A1C moving forward? Metformin?
Still taking GH?
Yes they are usually higher, but never this high but I get what you are saying. Yes I did chest and shoulders the night before.
Never tried Metformin before. I was still taking HGH, but got these results today so not sure if I should drop the HGH

Yes they are usually higher, but never this high but I get what you are saying. Yes I did chest and shoulders the night before.
Never tried Metformin before. I was still taking HGH, but got these results today so not sure if I should drop the HGH
Personally I'd drop the GH. Not really doing much for you and just making you more insulin resistant. Might want to get your cortisol level checked as well. With your family history of diabetes you might want to ask your PCP if Metformin is an option. You transitioned to legit TRT yet? At your age and history of prior use I'd expect your HPTA to be pretty fucked. Not gonna candy coat it. Welcome to the other side of the game my friend. 275lb's at you peak...that's a shit ton of work for your heart! This is why I preach longevity. These younger guys think they're invincible. None of us are! Continue to be proactive about your health. No one else is.

Lots of detail and info in your post with the tests and experience with comounds- good job!

One thing you didn't list tho is your current diet and the types of diets and amounts you have used in the past? That might give some insight into your glucose numbers. Historically have you have BG and/or issues with your A1C?

You listed your "max" insulate past usage but what's been your "normal current" and past insulin use? Any GDA or Metformin use in the past?
Thanks mate, I wanted to add as much detail as possible as I value your opinion all and wanted to make sure you had as much info about me as possible. Current diet is very different than my last 10 years were I was mainly a low carb person... about 2 years ago I started working with a new coach and he changed that completely... He had me eating 6 to 7 meals a day with 300 grams of white rice each and 8-10 oz of protein + 10 ius of Humanr-R slin, that's what took me to 275 pounds, that's what fucked my heart beat and my Blood Pressure.

Now, I am eating carbs and fruits and keeping my macro ratio very balanced. I do eat processed carbs like white rice and white bread but always limiting my calories overall.

No slin currently, and what I did before was not for very far from what I said above... mostly Lantus 100 ius a day for 2 weeks on and 4 weeks off + 14 ius HGH on training days, that's when my body exploded

Personally I'd drop the GH. Not really doing much for you and just making you more insulin resistant. Might want to get your cortisol level checked as well. With your family history of diabetes you might want to ask your PCP if Metformin is an option. You transitioned to legit TRT yet? At your age and history of prior use I'd expect your HPTA to be pretty fucked. Not gonna candy coat it. Welcome to the other side of the game my friend. 275lb's at you peak...that's a shit ton of work for your heart! This is why I preach longevity. These younger guys think they're invincible. None of us are! Continue to be proactive about your health. No one else is.
Thanks bro you are right about the GH, is not making no difference at this moment, and addressing this blood sugar issue is much more important.

Thanks mate, I wanted to add as much detail as possible as I value your opinion all and wanted to make sure you had as much info about me as possible. Current diet is very different than my last 10 years were I was mainly a low carb person... about 2 years ago I started working with a new coach and he changed that completely... He had me eating 6 to 7 meals a day with 300 grams of white rice each and 8-10 oz of protein + 10 ius of Humanr-R slin, that's what took me to 275 pounds, that's what fucked my heart beat and my Blood Pressure.

Now, I am eating carbs and fruits and keeping my macro ratio very balanced. I do eat processed carbs like white rice and white bread but always limiting my calories overall.

No slin currently, and what I did before was not for very far from what I said above... mostly Lantus 100 ius a day for 2 weeks on and 4 weeks off + 14 ius HGH on training days, that's when my body exploded
More good info. Have you checked your fasted insulin currently? If not, you should check that to see how hard your pancreas is working and with that number and your fasted BG you can calculate your HOMA score to determine where you are at as far as insulin resistance.

Just another idea for you. Also, as Reload said look into Metformin. Most likely you'd want to get with the extended release version.

too much insulin - that's why I'm not a fan of adding insulin with every meal or taking lantus every day

in general your results are not really bad just that sugar but what would I do is limit insulin dosing only around training, did 8-10 weeks of cutting and introduced metformin and when it comes to the plan, everything should get better quickly

More good info. Have you checked your fasted insulin currently? If not, you should check that to see how hard your pancreas is working and with that number and your fasted BG you can calculate your HOMA score to determine where you are at as far as insulin resistance.

Just another idea for you. Also, as Reload said look into Metformin. Most likely you'd want to get with the extended release version.
Have you checked your fasted insulin currently? Yes, last 3 days readings: Saturday 108 (no HGH previous night and this was lab tested), Sunday 101 (no HGH previous night and used home BG monitor), and this morning 105 (Did 2 ius of HGH previous night and used home BG monitor)
Yes will definitely look into Metformin (EXTR) and will discuss with Dr. Thanks man!

too much insulin - that's why I'm not a fan of adding insulin with every meal or taking lantus every day

in general your results are not really bad just that sugar but what would I do is limit insulin dosing only around training, did 8-10 weeks of cutting and introduced metformin and when it comes to the plan, everything should get better quickly
Luki first of all I'm a big fan of your posts, so much valuable information so allow me to say thank you for the love you spread for the sport. And yes you are right probably too much insulin... I cut phase sounds really good at this moment actually, so will follow the advice, will look into introducing metformin. Thanks!

Hey, I own a few businesses that are at a point where I don't need to be fully involve for them to function, so that allows me that type of flexibility. I was also training for a. A sprint which is the shortest type of triathlon, and b. I wasn't trying to win but to make it to the finish line. My main objective was to be able to get back in shape despite the muscle mass I carry and it worked pretty well, but I did got burned out and COVID didn't help with motivation to be honest...
I was exactly 8 hours and 15 min. fasted
Yea I’m 44 still wanna compete but am starting to train like I did as a marine, back running for the first time in 2 decades. Slow as fuck like 4 times slower than as a young Devil Dog but I was fast and ran daily. Your shit looks great to me my lipid profile is never that good even when I was a natty doing triathlons at 150lbs. CPK is only one that really jumps out, slightly above range on others doesn’t scream red flag imo except that your diet is so damn good and they’re out of range. When I eat that good everything is perfect except hdl stays low natty or not. My family is also long lived everyone dies tween 80-99 so I think your genetics help you aside from the diabetes risk but therein again diet controls diabetes so you got that.

Have you checked your fasted insulin currently? Yes, last 3 days readings: Saturday 108 (no HGH previous night and this was lab tested), Sunday 101 (no HGH previous night and used home BG monitor), and this morning 105 (Did 2 ius of HGH previous night and used home BG monitor)
Yes will definitely look into Metformin (EXTR) and will discuss with Dr. Thanks man!
FYI- fasted "insulin" test is different that fasted glucose. Both together will help you read the picture better.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws