YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New James Grage video(various rep ranges)

doug1

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLR9rfuE6Sg"]The Truth About Rep Ranges & Building Muscle | Low vs Moderate vs High - YouTube[/ame]

He always puts out great videos.

Tenny, Tenny..........................

You awake yet? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::):):):):):):):):)

-MT

now you finally have a guy, that DOESNT speak phD....

and it makes sense.....don't it...???

finally a dude that don't purposely try to confuse you...

makes sense....don't it...???

and whats he trying to sell you...???

nothin...

:cool:

now you finally have a guy, that DOESNT speak phD....

and it makes sense.....don't it...???

finally a dude that don't purposely try to confuse you...

makes sense....don't it...???

and whats he trying to sell you...???

nothin...

:cool:

Not as interesting this way...

Actually very nice video

Nothing most here dont already know but a great presentation

Specially for some of us less science/physio educated guys

thank you for that

seriously I think the problem is.....people can get caught up
in the whole science of things....for no reason, other than to just do it...

it doesn't make anything better or easier....

:)

seriously I think the problem is.....people can get caught up
in the whole science of things....for no reason, other than to just do it...

it doesn't make anything better or easier....

:)

Did you watch the whole video? He spoke about stuff mainly for beginners and he mentioned that. Plus sure he went on about the science behind exercise but it wasn't to confuse people. The whole point of the video was to say forget about the science and to keep it simple and feel the muscles work and not worry too much about rep ranges or overcomplicate things. I personally found the video very interesting as I do all his videos.

This guy puts out great exercise videos. I read bodybuilding info and clinical studies every day and I have learnt more stuff from this guy than most. Sure he is selling products but he doesn't mention them in his videos ever. Everyone is selling something these days. But with him I would say he puts out good content to get the views and if guys see an advert and there is a sale then great. Just like you or me posting and guys seeing our signatures... no different.

I just missed the cut off. I was going to add...

I will leave this on but I thought you were being sarcastic at first knowing you! I see you weren't so my mistake.

Did you watch the whole video? He spoke about stuff mainly for beginners and he mentioned that. Plus sure he went on about the science behind exercise but it wasn't to confuse people. The whole point of the video was to say forget about the science and to keep it simple and feel the muscles work and not worry too much about rep ranges or overcomplicate things. I personally found the video very interesting as I do all his videos.

This guy puts out great exercise videos. I read bodybuilding info and clinical studies every day and I have learnt more stuff from this guy than most. Sure he is selling products but he doesn't mention them in his videos ever. Everyone is selling something these days. But with him I would say he puts out good content to get the views and if guys see an advert and there is a sale then great. Just like you or me posting and guys seeing our signatures... no different.

that's just what I'm pointing out.....

this shit aint that complicated.....its pretty simple....

the ones who complicate it....are the ones who can get it done...

Last edited:
Wow, I thought my post was a total dud, until I saw that it got some traction. Thanks guys, I also liked the simplicity, yet very informative. Especially for new guys who just throw weight around and don't take the time to feel the target muscle working.

that's just what I'm pointing out.....

this shit aint that complicated.....its pretty simple....

the ones who complicate it....are the ones who canT get it done...

shit...I mean canT get it done..

Wow, I thought my post was a total dud, until I saw that it got some traction. Thanks guys, I also liked the simplicity, yet very informative. Especially for new guys who just throw weight around and don't take the time to feel the target muscle working.

Exactly. Obviously the basics work and no one needs to know the science behind training to look great but it is useful and informative.

Very good video. Takeaway points: No magic rep range. Hard work trumps all. Find the sweet spot and work that range of motion to target you focus muscles. One thing I did not see him address (long video could have missed it) was the benefits of training till failure. This study that indicated load did not matter provided you hit failure blew me away. Here is an article that cites the study:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/single-best-muscle-building-method

So in the video he likes to use an opening set of 20 to engage the mind muscle connection. I totally get that. Then he tries to focus on that same feeling using a greater weight that allows him to get 10 reps. I get that too. But then he hits 10 again. That is where he loses me. Did he hit failure on set 2? If he did, there is no way in hell I could get 10 with the same weight the next set. I did inclines the other day and got 13 reps till complete failure. Rested 3 minutes. Same weight got only 4 reps. Once I hit failure I am literally done. I am a natty, but I have to figure other guys, if they truly hit failure on the first set cannot come close to those numbers on the 2nd set.

Like I said, I like A LOT about this video, but I do think this failure thing (based on the recent study) is key, much more so than rep range. So my question is, does he recommend hitting failure? And like I said, I could have missed it as it was a loooooong video.

No he did say to hit failure. Although what I found strange is he counts the 20 rep set as a working set too. That made me think does he do a warm up set before that but I guess not. Basically struggle to get 20. Then for the 10 reps that's a working set.

As you stated he highlights there is no magic rep range and performing good reps to failure is the best thing (obviously). I can't remember if it was this video or another were they say the 10 reps are rest paused until you get them. That may have been another video but he definitely wants you to go to failure at about 10 reps.

I personally do 20 reps to establish mind muscle connection but more of a warm up. Then depending on the body part I will do 12-20 reps for a second set. I usually do 1 working set per exercise but again depending upon the exercise and required warm up sets that may be the 3rd-5th set. Nothing is set in stone with me as quite regularly with the likes of calves or arms I do multiple working sets with minimal rest in between.

Very good video. Takeaway points: No magic rep range. Hard work trumps all. Find the sweet spot and work that range of motion to target you focus muscles. One thing I did not see him address (long video could have missed it) was the benefits of training till failure. This study that indicated load did not matter provided you hit failure blew me away. Here is an article that cites the study:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/single-best-muscle-building-method

So in the video he likes to use an opening set of 20 to engage the mind muscle connection. I totally get that. Then he tries to focus on that same feeling using a greater weight that allows him to get 10 reps. I get that too. But then he hits 10 again. That is where he loses me. Did he hit failure on set 2? If he did, there is no way in hell I could get 10 with the same weight the next set. I did inclines the other day and got 13 reps till complete failure. Rested 3 minutes. Same weight got only 4 reps. Once I hit failure I am literally done. I am a natty, but I have to figure other guys, if they truly hit failure on the first set cannot come close to those numbers on the 2nd set.

Like I said, I like A LOT about this video, but I do think this failure thing (based on the recent study) is key, much more so than rep range. So my question is, does he recommend hitting failure? And like I said, I could have missed it as it was a loooooong video.

well . . .

xpoc,

See bolded. On this point, I beg to differ. This is not true for all people from
my experience.

Take my wife for an example. I have trained her (and others, including b’builders)
on and off for many years. She is the exception here. And there are others I suspect.

I used to think she was not training to failure, would accuse her of not working
hard enough, sandbagging if you will. But that turned out to not be the case with
her. Having trained enough people to know if they are holding back, I can tell you,
she was definitely not one of them. She is a 100%er in everything she does.

She became stronger, was able to perform more reps, with each set to failure,
on the second set, on the 3rd or perhaps even the 4th set which we rarely did.
I have witnessed this, with her, too many times for it to be false.

My only explanation is that it just takes her longer to get ‘warmed up.’ She is a
real endurance athlete . . . maybe all slow twitch if that means anything.

xpoc,

See bolded. On this point, I beg to differ. This is not true for all people from
my experience.

Take my wife for an example. I have trained her (and others, including b’builders)
on and off for many years. She is the exception here. And there are others I suspect.

I used to think she was not training to failure, would accuse her of not working
hard enough, sandbagging if you will. But that turned out to not be the case with
her. Having trained enough people to know if they are holding back, I can tell you,
she was definitely not one of them. She is a 100%er in everything she does.

She became stronger, was able to perform more reps, with each set to failure,
on the second set, on the 3rd or perhaps even the 4th set which we rarely did.
I have witnessed this, with her, too many times for it to be false.

My only explanation is that it just takes her longer to get ‘warmed up.’ She is a
real endurance athlete . . . maybe all slow twitch if that means anything.

Women are able to hit more reps for a set percentage when compared to males

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner