over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Job.........Help?

Bigmanjws

Registered
Just recently landed a new job, sweet deal! But the catch is it is going to require some travel for a little while and 12-14 hr days. Sucks b/c I have been dieting since May for a show..........

Any suggestions from guys who have had similar schedules before? Alot of hotel time after work and I've been told by just about everyone the gym is out of the question while on rotations...... I plan to still train on my off days but I will have a week between those :banghead:

Really just looking for encouragement that it will be okay......hahahaha Like I was saying it is too good to pass up right now and the money is substantually better aswell as full benefits, the whole package. Thinking of trying to cruise it out with test and maybe stay on 2-4ius minimum daily. I am def worried about food intake too! I dont want to turn away from bodybuilding, but grown man shit comes first and I gotta support the wife. Anyone out there ever work a schedule like this?

Dont bash me for saying it, but I am thinking about getting some resistance bands to just try to maintain definition/shape and then hit it hard with heavy compound movements big weight low reps and a ton of sets on my off days.....

Last edited:
You have your priorities straight, that's outstanding. Another show will be there down the road, good jobs with good benefits are hard to come by. Take care of your family like you're doing, the bodybuilding thing will work itself out.

Gt yourself an inverter for your car if you're on the road a bunch and keep some grilled and ready chicken and microwaveable veggies and plenty of protein powder.

If you have the discipline then this won't be an issue. My job has always required substantial travel...either by car or plane.

1) cook enough food sunday (proteins) to make it through the week
2) bring food scale
3) call hotel, ask for refrigerator in room. almost all hotels will have one but will want to charge you for it. i just state I need it for a medical condition and its always free (sorry, im not paying $20 a night for a fridge)
4) wake up at 5am and workout

I've never had an issue finding a gym during work and I've been in BFE many of times. Get your ass up, go lift/cardio. Take your food with you to work, weigh it all out etc. Get your meals, no reason not too.

If you fly into the area, then just go to the nearest grocery store. I always buy the salad meats and tuna packets. There is pretty much zero reason you can't workout and eat even with working that schedule. I'd do 5am-7am workout, hotel and shower, then at the office from 8am-10pm or later during busy season. You can get it done.

Although I have not had to maintain that kind of schedule it sounds like you are doing the right thing for you and your family which always comes first. And I wouldn't bash you at all for implementing things like bands. You do whatever you have to do!

I would rig up whatever kind of home gym I could piece together. A pull up bar, resistance bands, some dumbbells. Get a spare backpack and put a large container of cat litter inside and wear it around.

If you have the discipline then this won't be an issue. My job has always required substantial travel...either by car or plane.

1) cook enough food sunday (proteins) to make it through the week
2) bring food scale
3) call hotel, ask for refrigerator in room. almost all hotels will have one but will want to charge you for it. i just state I need it for a medical condition and its always free (sorry, im not paying $20 a night for a fridge)
4) wake up at 5am and workout

I've never had an issue finding a gym during work and I've been in BFE many of times. Get your ass up, go lift/cardio. Take your food with you to work, weigh it all out etc. Get your meals, no reason not too.

If you fly into the area, then just go to the nearest grocery store. I always buy the salad meats and tuna packets. There is pretty much zero reason you can't workout and eat even with working that schedule. I'd do 5am-7am workout, hotel and shower, then at the office from 8am-10pm or later during busy season. You can get it done.

This all sounds good in theory, but the job requirements may be a little more non-typical than just going out of town.....I applaud your discipline though!:headbang:

I am not exactly sure how it all works, i am still in the onboarding process. But I will be traveling with crew's of men, in company transportation so I will not have free use of a vehicle. Nor will I have the options of picking and choosing my hotels, room type, etc.. I am uncertain about the details in that regard, but I do know the days will be long until i get some experience then I can pull down the 8-5 type days.... It's alot of field work in the natural gas industry, hydraulic fracturing and pressure pumping. Pretty much going in blind my first rotation and have to set a game plan accordingly after the first 7 days.

I hate that I trained, dieted, and even bought an eliptical because of my location for AM fasted cardio.........But I am CONFIDENT I made the right choice by taking the job. The oppurtunites seem almost limitless with these guys, they are huge, operations in 300 countries! So I look at it as the whatever it take mentality for now and then I can start training again later. And on the bright side, a better job means more gear hahahahahaha.

I work in the oilfield also. I am a tool pusher right now so I have a gym in my trailer which is on location. When I was just a hand starting out I did body weight exercises- pushups burpees crunches mountain climbers ect. As far as food you are gunna struggle but I always brought a big cooler with a jug of protein water some fruit cans of tuna salmon ect.
I am assuming you are gunna be on a frac crew so you can/will be on location for hours sometimes days. Make friends with rig crew they often times will help you out.
If you got questions about what you will be doing pm me or post them here if you like. I have been in the oilfield a long time so I can prolly give you a little info.
Good luck

Most hotels have fitness rooms, including modest sized hotels. They're not the best but better than nothing.

Don't discount the benefits of body weight exercises either. Maybe some of your crew wouldn't mind sitting on you for resistance. Try doin' shit prison style! :p

See what's outside the hotel. A playground maybe? Pull-up bar or parallel bars could help.

Bands are a great idea BTW. Get a spring bar as well.

Good luck!

I work in the oilfield also. I am a tool pusher right now so I have a gym in my trailer which is on location. When I was just a hand starting out I did body weight exercises- pushups burpees crunches mountain climbers ect. As far as food you are gunna struggle but I always brought a big cooler with a jug of protein water some fruit cans of tuna salmon ect.
I am assuming you are gunna be on a frac crew so you can/will be on location for hours sometimes days. Make friends with rig crew they often times will help you out.
If you got questions about what you will be doing pm me or post them here if you like. I have been in the oilfield a long time so I can prolly give you a little info.
Good luck

Was told I'd have about 8hrs a night hotel time..... I got hired as an Operator, most likely running sand so I have been told. Also told it wouldn't take long to move on to better things job wise. I have a degree, though it's technically not related and I'm coming from middle management in the coal industry so I look good on paper lol. Anyways thanks for the tips and I plan to have a big cooler, filled with protein shakes! I prefer real food but convenience is going to be key for a few months.....

Frac sand isn't a bad job but be prepared to deal with a lot of dumb suckers especially if you working for the guys in Red.
Get a hot plate for your room or a foreman grill then you can cook some chicken or beef at least.
Don't buy into the 8hrs a night of room time cuz if you have a critical point well you runnable there til it done.
Also lay offs can happen at any time if there is a down turn so put some dollars away.
The guys in Red are notorious for dumping guys as soon as there is a down turn.
Look into transferring over to directional drilling or mwd if you can after a few years more money and more stability.
Good luck

Use a HIT routine, or even consolidation workout. Surely you have 20 mins a week to train.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131