over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Member, Into and Critique.

When you say "cutting" are you doing this strictly by diet and cardio and workouts? Or are you talking about using gym juice when you say "cutting"? (just wanna be sure of the term "cutting" at your still young age of ONLY 20)

Strictly heavy lifting and a calorie restricted diet + cardio in the form of Handball.

Strictly heavy lifting and a calorie restricted diet + cardio in the form of Handball.

AWESOME news, to many young folks have come on here wanting advice after they have started cycles when they are still to young and have such great potential naturally. I'm glad to see your heads in the right place brother! That's great news! Pics look awesome. You certainly have some good potential to kick it up a notch every year! Way to go brother!

Hey unholy, looks like you are one of the "Lucky ones" when it comes to arms then. I have known guys that did not do any arm specific training and had impressive arms. Keep hitting the big three hard, keep doing the one arm exercise you have been. You are to be applauded for willing to do the hard yards clean my friend. it can be done. Hard work, dedication and committment to yourself. Believe it and it will happen. Be patient, be steady and above all be true! Keep up the good work and we will have to change your name from unholy to "HOLY SHIT" LOL. Go hard bro!!

Great progress man. I would suggest hiring Phil Hernon from this site. He is a great trainer and I would highly recommend him. He will do your diet/routine for you, etc. PM him and ask about it, it will probably be the best thing you could do for yourself. Good luck to you. NBP

Welcome to the board bro. Amazing weight loss!! It looks like you have a great structure to build on. Keep it up.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Excellent progress, UnHoly.

You have done well.

Wow, you've made some awesome improvements! Good job Unholy! :)

Hey all just looking to give you guys a quick update, as well as a little guidance I seek.

I have decided to get my feet wet in the bodybuilding sport this coming fall and I am planning on doing two shows. One is Oct 24th and the other Nov 7th First in Poughkeepsie NYS Natural BBing champs and the second is a Syracuse show which is WNBF pro qualifier. Both natural shows.

Currently I sit at 208lbs @ what I guess to be around 14% bf. A little help would be appreciated. I don't know exactly what to do with my plan of attack. I was originally planning on cutting for a few months, getting a few months of bulk in before the last 16-20 weeks of prep. Time is running out and I am debating on whether or not to bulk for a few months and start my prep 20-22 weeks out or if I should continue cutting before trying to do any kind of bulking. Another option is cutting straight through for about 40 weeks.

By my estimates I have about 177-179lbs of LBM right now and that would mean that I could realistically step on stage at around 185lbs diced.
Here is me 2 weeks ago.
SideBiJan11.jpg

backdblbiJan11.jpg

SideTriJan11.jpg

Oct 1st start of cut and return to training after a few months of inconsistency.
100908_12121.jpg

Any advice, guidance, tips, criticism is appreciated.

Great job on getting the weight off. You are making good progress. I would lay off the arm training a bit, I didn't say not to train them but you need to focus more on the quality overall mass builders like deads, squats and bench work. In your training you listed sumo style sldl. Do them with a narrower stance. this will hit the hams a lot harder. Focus on building your legs, back and chest. Much more muscle in these groups to stimulate. Thus burn more cals as you build them. Really good job so far. As others have mentioned get three good cardio sessions a week. this will not interfere with muscle building. Keep us posted and train hard bro!

Solid advise as always .

Thanks for the compliments but right now I am kind of looking for some guidance.

I am trying to debate what the best course of action would be. 39 and 42 weeks out from 2 shows.

To slowly bulk for 19 weeks followed by a 20-22 week prep

To Cut for 8 more weeks, bulk for 12 followed by a ~20 week prep

To Cut for the following 40 weeks or so till show date.

Please help a brotha out.

IMO keep eating clean and bump up the cardio but I would do low intensity/long duration. Maybe rotate your carbs and have a few high to medium carb days. This will keep some glycogen in the muscle to help it grow but not too much to store as fat and the low carb days and cardio will continue to take the fat off. Also maybe keeping a fast paste while lifting to keep the heart rate up.. On a high carb day you still want good carbs whole grain carbs,

Keep it you will get there, best of luck

Curt

IMO keep eating clean and bump up the cardio but I would do low intensity/long duration. Maybe rotate your carbs and have a few high to medium carb days. This will keep some glycogen in the muscle to help it grow but not too much to store as fat and the low carb days and cardio will continue to take the fat off. Also maybe keeping a fast paste while lifting to keep the heart rate up.. On a high carb day you still want good carbs whole grain carbs,

Keep it you will get there, best of luck

Curt

Thank you for the help. Do you think I should be in a caloric excess or a caloric deficit overall?

IMPRESSIVE RESULTS !!!

you have done a great job so far, keep it up and keep doing what is working for ya...

your best results would come if you have some extra money and hired a trainer from the board...Phil is cheep, Alex A, Curt, ect, ect..all are very good and inexpensive...

chris

ive never preped for a show but if i had to offer advice is think you would want to be in a cal deficit but keep protien as high as possible. your going to want to come in diced but as muscular as possible as well. when it comes to the final week i have no clue.
by the way the changes youve made since this thread started are nothing less than amazing its really inspiring

This is good stuff right here....If I was able to train heavy at twenty I would have done this exact workout strategy...

I also agree with Franco, you should stick with the basics and get core muscle built up before fine tuning. That will come later. Just keep hitting the gym with the same determination that you have been and you'll do fine, OH and listen to your body! When you're tired, rest!

Good Luck and God Bless!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1