over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New metallica cd

Metallica plays to stadiums that hold 30,000+ Slayer plays to clubs that hold 2000-3000 for the most part. Whether or not they "sold out" is irrelevant. People say Metallica "sold out" when in reality all they did was "sell more."

I LOVE it when people say old school metallica is way better bla blah blah
.Just face it,Metallica nowadays sounds so much better its not just lets play the hardest fastest music possible.I love the old shit its fukin awesome to be honest.but metallica with short hair is so much better packaged from the cover art to watching them live.if u want to hear the same ole sound go download one acdc song.once u have heard one u heard them all.

METALLICA IS KING NO MATTER WAHT ERA!!!!!!!!

Metallica is screwed no matter what they do. If they tried sounding new, people would say "WTF are they doing!?!?!?!" a la St. Anger. If they try to sound like their old stuff, people would say "Hey Metallica, way to be original..." With so many fans there are going to be naysayers no matter what. I say they are the smartest band in a long time. They swung for the fences with St. Anger, and whiffed so they rebound with something which sounds like the albums which gained them the most mainstream notoriety and money. I for one, really like the song. It's formula is a throwback to "One" and Welcome Home (Sanitarium) where the bulk of the song is melodic and then it breaks down into a much harder instrumental. This "sellout" stuff is crap. Any band who has ever made money has been called a "sellout." If your supplement business was sucking, making no money, and an advertising firm called up and set up an offer which guaranteed you millions, would you sell out? There is no difference with professional musicians! They are in it for the business. Yes, maybe some bands set out to be original and make "art" but the majority of them are in it for the $$$ Selling out should be a moot point.

Well Said!!

Metallica plays to stadiums that hold 30,000+ Slayer plays to clubs that hold 2000-3000 for the most part.

are you really trying to knock one of the hardest american metal bands in the last 20 years?

I dont...

are you really trying to knock one of the hardest american metal bands in the last 20 years?

think its a knock on slayer at all.... I think its just highlighting the clear difference and popularity among the 2 bands and what not.... I dont think Metallica sold out, they evolved.

goo

Never forget what made Metallica who they are. It was their Speed Metal not their LOAD crap.

As for the new material. I've heard "Cyanide" & "The Day that never Comes". The intro to "The Day that never Comes" is kind of weak, but it does kick in. I'd say finally some guitar solos.

St. Anger was a pile of crap.

Finally... Did MJ sell out when he stopped driving to the hoop an decided to go to the fade away as his bread and butter? Metallica cannot win either way. As long as their is time their will be change... U cannot compare AC/DC to metallica? Who is 2nd to the Beatles in catalog album sales? Who is qouted as the Led Zeppelin of the 90's, who is noted as an Icon? not AC/DC as much as I like them. I am loyal and love all of their music.. they are the great ones!

Goo

Your right, you can never compare Metallica to AC/DC. AC/DC has never sold out after 30 years. Only took Metalica 8 years.
AC/DC not an ICON? huh Check the Rock n Roll hall of Fame.

And you tell me this and then compare Metallica to Led Zeppelin and the Beatles.

The 90's are over bro. Led Zeppelin, Ac/Dc, and the Beatles are still being played on Rock stations reularly every single day world wide.
Can't remeber last time I heard a Metalica song. They aren't even playing the new stuff.

AC/DC hasn't sold out? Their new album is available ONLY at Wal-Mart... Wal-Mart is the figure head of corporate America! You can't be part of it without selling out.

Your right, you can never compare Metallica to AC/DC. AC/DC has never sold out after 30 years. Only took Metalica 8 years.

And you tell me this and then compare Metallica to Led Zeppelin and the Beatles.

The 90's are over bro. Led Zeppelin, Ac/Dc, and the Beatles are still being played on Rock stations reularly every single day world wide.
Can't remeber last time I heard a Metalica song. They aren't even playing the new stuff.

They've been playing all the new stuff here even before the CD is released. They have a segment called mandatory metallica which they play everyday on the radio.

I can't wait for ACDC's new CD to come out soon. I think its called black ice, or something like that. They claim its the best one yet. We'll see, hard to believe. I'm still a big fan of Bon Scott, don't care for the new singer as much.

they had to change their style of music or we all wouldve gotten sick of it.
they are still the metallica that we grew up with and love but they have evolved their style just as we have changed what we want to hear.
change or die....

k....

I actually hear metallica played constantly... "Mandatory Metallica?" where they play 2-3 songs in a row at a specific time?... have never heard that for AC/DC. I actually am a fan of both. Both just recently came out with a new album and sorry to say it isnt AC/DC getting most of the exposure or promos. Nor has AC/DC even been compared to the likes of a Led Zeppelin. Metallica will always be hated cuz they "sold out" but to me I enjoyed their old and new and each has a great sound. To me they will always be the great ones!

goo

I have heard the new metallica cd, it is ok, definitely trying to get back to heavier riffs. Something about the the way hetfield delivers the vocals on the new albums, if feels forced and not real. No more drug fueled brilliant metal lyrics filled with personal demons, the band is older and just dont have "it" anymore.

Listened a bit to the album. Total piece of shit.

No more drug fueled brilliant metal lyrics filled with personal demons, the band is older and just dont have "it" anymore.

A sober musician is like a bodybuilder without steroids. Crap. When a musician stops the drugs/alcohol it's over.

I heard a couple of their new songs on the radio. I like them except for the drumming. Sounds like the drummer is trying to overshadow the rest of the music.

lol

A sober musician is like a bodybuilder without steroids. Crap. When a musician stops the drugs/alcohol it's over.

Now that their is funny!!! yet how so true.... cept the only difference its ok to overdose and die from rec drugs and its perfectly acceptable to do so:rolleyes:

I actually hear metallica played constantly... "Mandatory Metallica?" where they play 2-3 songs in a row at a specific time?... have never heard that for AC/DC. I actually am a fan of both. Both just recently came out with a new album and sorry to say it isnt AC/DC getting most of the exposure or promos. Nor has AC/DC even been compared to the likes of a Led Zeppelin. Metallica will always be hated cuz they "sold out" but to me I enjoyed their old and new and each has a great sound. To me they will always be the great ones!

goo

I heard a cut from AC DC's Black Ice today. I wasn't impressed at all. Just another commercial top 40 song that is nothing like the old heavy metal style when they first came out with songs like Let There be Rock, or Hell aint a bad place to be. Metallica is old school hardcore heavy metal rock totally different from AC DC. You can't compare the two, they both have their own unique sound and style.

They are playing Phoenix in October. Would Definitely like to see them again. They never get old.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar