over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Planet Fitness Anti-Bodybuilder Commercial

kingpeon

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I don't know, I kinda like having the Planet Fitness's of the world around. It makes me feel like an elite athlete in some weird way. We have our gyms and they have their "gyms".

Somebody should create and post a video making fun of the wimps that workout at Planet Fitness who have actually never violated their rules during a (cough, cough) "intense" workout!

D BO

Registered

beggar

Registered
That commercial is jacked up. I hate planet fitness. I had a membership to another gym that was bought out by them. I remember working out one day and listening to the automated system saying this is a judgement free zone and bodybuilding are not welcome. I thought to myself "are they talking about me". I was deadlifting another time and the whole front desk was looking at me like I stole something. Every week they would take something out of the gym so the "bodybuilders" would have less toys. I ended up leaving. Gold's gym all the way!!!

The Beggar.

Tom

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
i look at the guy who portrayed the bodybuilder as a traitor and a sellout....prick!

beggar

Registered
i look at the guy who portrayed the bodybuilder as a traitor and a sellout....prick!

Hey Tom, bills have to get paid somehow. lol

But he does make it look like bodybuilders are stupid. If they came to PF, they would see just how much science is involved in what we do, and how there are some serious brains around here.

The Beggar

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Nevermind......I will say this. This is professionalmuscle. We have some of the best minds in the sport on this website. Worrying about this crap, to me, is like bringing ourselves down to the level of the cast of Jersey Shore. Really, Who-the-fuck cares what commercial planet fitness runs. were bodybuilders, were by nature, FREAKS, and we take pride in that. We stand out, are estranged from the norm, and make OURSELVES, that way. any minority group will suffer ridecule. but were a minority by choice. so dont bitch about it now, cause some punk ass gym is making fun of us. We chose this. and honestly, giving this any attention, is juvenile at best.

Last edited:

btech

Registered
Nevermind......I will say this. This is professionalmuscle. We have some of the best minds in the sport on this website. Worrying about this crap, to me, is like bringing ourselves down to the level of the cast of Jersey Shore. Really, Who-the-fuck cares what commercial planet fitness runs. were bodybuilders, were by nature, FREAKS, and we take pride in that. We stand out, are estranged from the norm, and make OURSELVES, that way. any minority group will suffer ridecule. but were a minority by choice. so dont bitch about it now, cause some punk ass gym is making fun of us. We chose this. and honestly, giving this any attention, is juvenile at best.

x2

They don't hate bodybuilders because they're strange. They hate bodybuilders because they are jealous and feel insecure because of them. Why would a bodybuilder get angry about this? I enjoyed watching the commercial though.

Last edited:

BillHilton

Registered
I have to confess that I was a Planet Fitness member for when I used to cover NY and New England. It was never my home gym, but it was a good choice to keep it simple while on the road so much.
These commercials are asinine though. I am done with them.
Their locker rooms sucked anyway.

cachexic

Registered
So I guess the idea is that they will appeal not to the microscopic minority that is athletes, but to the vast majority of the American populace....Lazy, fat, physically weak, and above-all judgmental people. I hate that they have to use insulting commercials to score memberships.

I'm not one of those people that gets offended over everything, but if you're a bodybuilder and this doesn't offend you....Well, I guess nothing in life will ever offend you. Because this is the most blatant and direct insult to a group of people I've ever seen on a nationally-televised advertisement. They are quite plainly saying "If you have a muscular body, you're a neanderthal that can barely string two words together."

It's just slimy. I don't like it.

thereaper

Board Supporter
Board Supporter
So I guess the idea is that they will appeal not to the microscopic minority that is athletes, but to the vast majority of the American populace....Lazy, fat, physically weak, and above-all judgmental people. I hate that they have to use insulting commercials to score memberships.

I'm not one of those people that gets offended over everything, but if you're a bodybuilder and this doesn't offend you....Well, I guess nothing in life will ever offend you. Because this is the most blatant and direct insult to a group of people I've ever seen on a nationally-televised advertisement. They are quite plainly saying "If you have a muscular body, you're a neanderthal that can barely string two words together."

It's just slimy. I don't like it.

X2 its a blatant attempt to stereotype one group of people when in actuality we all here just from being a member of this site have more knowledge than any of these planet fitness pussys

LeatherHead

Newbies
x2

They don't hate bodybuilders because they're strange. They hate bodybuilders because they are jealous and feel insecure because of them. Why would a bodybuilder get angry about this? I enjoyed watching the commercial though.

Exactly! They can't be like us, so they hate us.

Moen

Kilo Klub Member
Was I the only one laughing my ass off? Just lift things up and put them down guys, come on :D

mmowry

Registered
Not offended at all

Those commercials are funny....heck some of us push things away and pull them back! :D

I can see their angle though, how intimidated do you think people feel around us? I was intimidated when I 1st started training yrs ago and I was lifting in a dungeon...wanting to be like the powerlifters I saw around me. These people ,for the most part,dont want to be shooting for the next shirt size or 45lb plate on the bar. WE be scareeee!!!

gungalunga

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Look on the bright side.....Now that the New Years resolution gotta get in shape rush is on, the majority of out of shape people will probably go to Planet Fitness (if they are near one) so they dont feel intimidated. Hopefully this will mean less idiots in the real gyms that we go to for the months of January and February....most New Years resolutioners don't make it until March. :cool:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidWaffle