over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New pre/intra workout thoughts

How much of the Glycerine are you guys using?

I have GM now from TN and hate that it doesn't mix. So I've been slamming 1-2 teaspoons and chasing with my preworkout.

I just dump a few glugs out of a a liter bottle... I LOVE it in intra shakes.

LBA's are awesome in general, use instead of gly or in addition.

one thing I like about lba's during the day is the added glycerol, more full looking.

How much of the Glycerine are you guys using?

I have GM now from TN and hate that it doesn't mix. So I've been slamming 1-2 teaspoons and chasing with my preworkout.

Don't use glycerol monstearate, use liquid glycerol

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Vegetable-Glycerin-Food-Grade-Kosher/dp/B000RT9JGK"]Amazon.com : Vegetable Glycerin Food Grade 99.7+% Pure Kosher - 1 Gallon : Personal Care Products : Beauty@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41tKsA0gehL.@@AMEPARAM@@41tKsA0gehL[/ame]

I agree. I never got the results with glycerol mono like I did the liquid.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
Yep, the liquid works best though Hydromax looks promising on paper.

I did some digging after reading the russian study and ran across this where glycerol neutralizes the acids in the blood. Technically speaking, stopping free radical peroxidation also makes glycerol an anti-oxidant.

'- Glycerol also binds with and neutralizes the free fatty
acids that are the primary cause of the aging process that
results form free radical peroxidation -- particularly the
abnormal fatty acids with conjugated double bonds which
most accelerate the aging process.'

Finally some 'redemption' for glycerol and an explanation as how it works!

Previously the worry with glycerol was that by its action as we know, it increases blood volume, this phenomenon by logic dictates that an increase in volume therefore dilutes hemoglobin and hematocrit and if that happens how can performance be improved?

I didn't know and couldn't explain it, but finally it has come out that volume changes to hematocrit and hemoglobin have NO EFFECT ON VO2!

But the kicker is that plasma expansion BOOSTS VO2 MAX!

Therefore, your normal load will be the same and your vo2 max will go up and glycerol is THE ONLY 'normal' CHEM YOU CAN TAKE TO DO THAT! And it's the ONLY way I know of to do it!

This first study is in pdf so you have to go there and there is another which I'm trying to find, but the link elf sent me doesn't work:

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/reprint/101/3/707.pdf

this is the second one which I can't pull:
BLOOD VOLUME, NOT HEMOGLOBIN-CONCENTRATION IS RELATED TO VO2... : Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise

Then I found a third and it discusses blood volume AND AGING and how a sedentary life DECREASES BV which seems to be protective!

Validity of V?o 2?maxin predicting blood volume: implications for the effect of fitness on aging | Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology

Quote:

Our findings have particular implications for the effect of physical activity and fitness on aging. Our data support the notion that BV actually increases with age but that this relationship may be masked by a sedentary "Western" lifestyle that can often accompany the aging process. This notion is further supported by the observations that BV can be increased with regular physical activity in elderly individuals to the same relative degree compared with younger people (5) and that reduction in BV associated with aging in sedentary subjects was removed in physically active subjects (21). The contraction of BV may be associated with adverse impacts on risk factors for cardiovascular disease such as elevated low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, increased whole blood viscosity, and stimulation of sympathetic nervous activity (33). In turn, sympathetic hyperactivity is typically reported in patients with essential hypertension and chronic renal failure and is associated with poor prognosis and increased risk of sudden death (23). The relationships between BV, sympathetic activity, and progressive cardiovascular disease may reflect a protective nature of increased BV against development of coronary heart disease (CHD) with aging. If it is true that BV increases with age when a sedentary lifestyle has been removed (21), then perhaps a sedentary lifestyle is actually acting to remove a natural CHD protective factor. For example, if less viscous circulating blood or sympathetic activity results from increasing BV with regular physical activity during the aging process, then various risk factors associated with CHD such as platelet aggregation, arterial thrombosis, or cardiac arrhythmias are less likely to occur. The literature supports the observation that, in the Western world, BV does decrease with age (6, 11, 15, 21, 30). However, our data provide compelling evidence that reduced BV with age may be a result of a sedentary, high-caloric lifestyle rather than the aging process. Therefore, perhaps one of many important benefits of maintaining physical activity and fitness during aging is the resultant expansion of plasma and BV that provides a protective effect against development of cardiovascular disease.

**broken link removed**

I read somewhere that glycerol for the lack of a better explanation takes fluid out of the muscle and into the blood stream. Sorta would think that would lessen the pump which isn't good but I do get vascular as heck on it.

I read somewhere that glycerol for the lack of a better explanation takes fluid out of the muscle and into the blood stream. Sorta would think that would lessen the pump which isn't good but I do get vascular as heck on it.

It takes SQ and intestinal water and puts it into blood stream, giving better pumps,vasularity, and improves performance. And as lk3 mentioned is healthy as well.

I hate to be redundant, but I'm going to repeat myself from the other 'intra' thread...

Anything that uses the phrases "the fructose advantage" and "Fructose + glucose mixtures excel" shouldn't even be referenced when discussing HBCD...:banghead:

I hate to be redundant, but I'm going to repeat myself from the other 'intra' thread...

Anything that uses the phrases "the fructose advantage" and "Fructose + glucose mixtures excel" shouldn't even be referenced when discussing HBCD...:banghead:

This is true. I said it was related, but not directly on point. There isn't much out there on HBCD because it's so new (the popularity at least). Also most studies on carb intra benefits deal with running and stamina type situations which is vastly different than our goals and primary use to enhance uptake/recovery.

I just thought some of that info was interesting. Even gatorade (sponsoring the study) is superior to water for merely running purposes (even 1 hr or less sessions). You can imagine it's application to ours.

Last edited:

Not if you hydrated and the muscle loaded with glycogen and nitrogen. You need to sip water continuously during training.

Berries. Strawberries , Blueberries and Bananas ...Even a candy bar every now and then...

Berries. Strawberries , Blueberries and Bananas ...Even a candy bar every now and then...
What? Did you make all 50 of your posts today? Lol c'mon.

What? Did you make all 50 of your posts today? Lol c'mon.

This site needs to be more like the Howard Stern fan site. You can only post once a day then after 30 days and a certain amount of posts you get full access.

Going on pre sale at noon!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413170503480.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413170503480.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 212
Not sure if i'm seeing correctly, but in the label says "32MG" of Cyclic Dextrin instead of "32G".

Not sure if i'm seeing correctly, but in the label says "32MG" of Cyclic Dextrin instead of "32G".

True story...must be a misprint.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic