over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New pre/intra workout thoughts

Water? 1500-2000ml in a big Nalgene/Lexan bottle.

Sometimes I get real bloated drinking this much fluid intra. Especially when I had a pretty solid meal 1.5-2 hours before workout. Do you ever have any issue feeling bloated, water logged?

I sometimes cut the water down to 1200ml which I figure is pretty much an absolute minimum based on recommendations to have the HBCD in enough fluid.

Sometimes I get real bloated drinking this much fluid intra. Especially when I had a pretty solid meal 1.5-2 hours before workout. Do you ever have any issue feeling bloated, water logged?

I sometimes cut the water down to 1200ml which I figure is pretty much an absolute minimum based on recommendations to have the HBCD in enough fluid.
Rarely and never that bad unless I've done something stupid with my pre workout meal. (Like eat burger king) lol

I usually use 1800ml...no real reason.

For this to work right for me and it does with 2000ml of water my meal prior to working out is more or less zero carbs. Otherwise I'm burping through the whole workout.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

For this to work right for me and it does with 2000ml of water my meal prior to working out is more or less zero carbs. Otherwise I'm burping through the whole workout.

Have you tried something simple and broken down like 1/4cup cream of rice? The original Mountaindog protocol has 1/4-1/2cup + 1tbsp nut butter, sugar free hershey syrup and 2 scoops whey OR some LBA's(minus the whey and syrup if you do this).

Im happy you guys are on this subject, thats the issue I had in the past that kept me from consistently doing Intra Shakes. About 2 weeks ago Knight and NY Muscle got me on the right track.

I was not diluting the shake enough, i was just using a 32oz shaker with 50g Glycofuse and 25g Iso 100. The bloating was terrible, my stomach was sticking out so far and it felt so full.

I think diluting with between 1500-2000ml is the key. I am also switching over to EAA's instead of Whey which should help.

I also hate eating pre workout, i eat 2-3 hours before and then im just gonna have a pre workout drink with extra leucine and the intra.

Have you tried something simple and broken down like 1/4cup cream of rice? The original Mountaindog protocol has 1/4-1/2cup + 1tbsp nut butter, sugar free hershey syrup and 2 scoops whey OR some LBA's(minus the whey and syrup if you do this).

If I'm on my high carb day and workout is around 830am then for breakfast at 7am I have oatmeal and whey and a tiny bit of almond butter. I've been able to handle that pre workout and then have the pre workout pump drink at 8am. If workout is later in the day and I have a few meals in me then that pre workout meal doesn't sit well with me.

I wouldn't be able to eat that meal much closer to work out time as that plus the pre shake then the intra would mess with my stomach.

Last edited:
Rarely and never that bad unless I've done something stupid with my pre workout meal. (Like eat burger king) lol

I usually use 1800ml...no real reason.

I always found 1800 mL to be the sweet spot too haha. Not too much water but diluted perfectly.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws