over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Slipknot CD - .5: The Gray Chapter

First studio album was the best (pic below)- it was raw and aggressive :headbang:

Still a huge fan and am "liking" The Gray Chapter

Slipknot-Slipknot-FrontReissue1999.jpg

Couple good songs. But nothing like their earlier shit.

Honestly its a good thing it isnt the same as their old shit. These guys are 15 years older now not little kids. The old albums still exist you can still listen to them, I love when bands grow and change. Fuck if you are doing the same thing at 40 you were at 25 I wouldn't consider that successful!

Shit, AC/DC hasn't changed and are still doing alright...

Sometimes change is for the worse

Sometimes change is for the worse

Their fan base was made off aggressive, loud, and fast music. Them now, is completely different from what they were. Every album seems to get softer and softer. What happened to bands where you could listen from track 1 to 12 without needed to skip? I thought since their bassist died it would light that fire again, but nope.

Sounds pretty good.....Iowa is still my fav too. Slipknot was probably the #2 on my list of most insane, high-energy, in your face metal shows ever. I saw them at OZZFEST in 2001 soon after they came out with the Iowa album. Since their first album was successful, they had a lot to prove with Iowa. The concert was at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin which holds about 15,000 people. Since there were more established bands playing on the OZZFEST that night, Slipknot had to go onstage at about 6-7 pm when the sun was still out. Not only did Slipknot prove themselves....they sonically kicked everyones ass in the crowd that day. People were moshing on the lawn which is practically at a 45 degree angle downhill. People were getting thrown down the lawn and were doing retard somersaults all the way down. Quite impressive I must say...
In case you were wondering....my #1 insane, high-energy, in your face metal show ever??? Pantera in 1994 at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago on the Far Beyond Driven tour. I swear to God someone must have started pumping apes&%t crazy gas into the ventilation system because the entire main floor of the Aragon turned into one big moshpit. The cool thing was....no one was getting injured or hurt that night despite all the insanity. If someone got knocked to the floor while moshing, immediately 2-3 people would reach down to help them up so no one got hurt. Just a great night of metal and people getting out pent-up aggression without anyone ending up in the hospital....

Pantera used to live next door to my uncle; really nice guys according to him.

Loving the new album. On a side note RIP Wayne Static from static-x. Too many good musicians die from overdoses and Wayne was just another one along with Paul Gray and numerous others. Sorry for the thread jack

Loving the new album. On a side note RIP Wayne Static from static-x. Too many good musicians die from overdoses and Wayne was just another one along with Paul Gray and numerous others. Sorry for the thread jack

Damn! Didn't know he died. Static-X does a cover of one of my favorite songs of all time. "Burning Inside" by Ministry.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws