over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Study on SARMS

MR. BMJ

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer

Abstract​

Selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) are a class of nonsteroidal drugs that are favored over anabolic androgenic steroids (AASs) for their tissue-selectivity and improved side-effect profile. These drugs have been evaluated for treatment of various diseases including muscle-wasting disorders, osteoporosis, and breast cancer. Despite lacking approval for therapeutic use, SARMs are widely used recreationally as performance enhancing drugs by bodybuilders and athletes. In recent years, cases of drug-induced liver injury (DILI) secondary to SARMs have begun to emerge, but little is known regarding their hepatotoxicity. In this review, we provide current knowledge regarding DILI from SARMs. A literature search was conducted regarding SARMs and liver injury to evaluate relevant cases and information. SARMs have been associated with a cholestatic syndrome congruent with that of DILI from AASs, and it consists of a bland cholestasis in which there is minimal bile duct injury, inflammation, or necrosis. Patients present with an insidious onset of jaundice with marked hyperbilirubinemia and mild hepatic enzyme elevations. No clear treatment exists, although patients typically show improvement with cessation of the offending SARM. Given the novelty of these drugs, further study is necessary to understand diagnosis, management, and complications of SARM-related DILI.

Full study in link. I have not read it yet, just the abstract.

Abstract​

Selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) are a class of nonsteroidal drugs that are favored over anabolic androgenic steroids (AASs) for their tissue-selectivity and improved side-effect profile. These drugs have been evaluated for treatment of various diseases including muscle-wasting disorders, osteoporosis, and breast cancer. Despite lacking approval for therapeutic use, SARMs are widely used recreationally as performance enhancing drugs by bodybuilders and athletes. In recent years, cases of drug-induced liver injury (DILI) secondary to SARMs have begun to emerge, but little is known regarding their hepatotoxicity. In this review, we provide current knowledge regarding DILI from SARMs. A literature search was conducted regarding SARMs and liver injury to evaluate relevant cases and information. SARMs have been associated with a cholestatic syndrome congruent with that of DILI from AASs, and it consists of a bland cholestasis in which there is minimal bile duct injury, inflammation, or necrosis. Patients present with an insidious onset of jaundice with marked hyperbilirubinemia and mild hepatic enzyme elevations. No clear treatment exists, although patients typically show improvement with cessation of the offending SARM. Given the novelty of these drugs, further study is necessary to understand diagnosis, management, and complications of SARM-related DILI.

Full study in link. I have not read it yet, just the abstract.

I think at this point the ONLY people who favor them are those selling them lol.

I do appreciate the study link and think the future MAY provide far better selectivity but the current crop don't solve anything.

I think at this point the ONLY people who favor them are those selling them lol.

I do appreciate the study link and think the future MAY provide far better selectivity but the current crop don't solve anything.
Just like muscle tech favored cell tech over AAS. Lol I knew a couple kids who used to swear by them and ask me what I thought. I told them take the money their wasting and take their girl out to dinner.

I think they CAN have use in very specific situations but are the epitome of "conditionally useful." That being said 90% don't meet these "conditions."

They're great!!! ... for women.
Very true . I’ve watched two pro females(one physique 5’10, one Bikini 5’6”) who train with myself and each other. They both added Enobosarm/Ostarine 2866 (tested in USA as it was not banned yet) . One used 10mg and went to 12.5mg 8 weeks ; the other did 2.5mg and went to 10mg for 6w weeks . They are both over 30 and seasoned . They both had noticeable improvements in muscle. I am not opposed to trying some of them and in fact have used an active & selective agonist growth hormone secretogogue (they mistakenly market as a SARM) MK677 and it works very well for increased weight gain, appetite, and strength. SERMS and SARMS are not new, but they do classify a lot of them wrong. Some are true SARMS, some are PPAR, as show above. They develop sarms for mainly for cancer, sarcopenia(aging related, and or Cachexia (wasting disease- fire/HIV-AIDS Hospitalization/cancer .
A lot of them affect the organs adversely as pointed out . I do see some good dual sarm research that can help men fight prostate cancer and/or BPH(like dutasteride).
For females :Jan 2022 Enobosarm(Ostarine( was granted fast track designation by the FDA for the treatment of patients with androgen receptor–positive, estrogen receptor–positive, HER2-negative metastatic breast cancer.
I saw something years ago about SARM-2f and another one LGD-121071 that showed powerful effects . Mainly, I hear about Yk-11 inj. lately around gyms . Not that it’s new or anything; kind of interesting but not if it’s hard as halo or drol. I need to look up what’s happening with those 2. Ligand and Viking(public stocks) are the big companies that make a lot of them .

Max 🤙💪🙏

I’m going to give a low dose of rad 140 a try on top of my trt. See what it does. Also will probably run bloods 2 weeks in to see lipid/liver enzyme changes

I’m going to give a low dose of rad 140 a try on top of my trt. See what it does. Also will probably run bloods 2 weeks in to see lipid/liver enzyme changes
Update us with your results, bro!

Every androgen synthesized after testosterone has been after the same thing - selectivity. I'm thrilled that we're synthesizing new androgens but leary about using them in this experimental phase, especially with any sort of frequency 😬

I have tried ostarine, rad140 and ligandrol FYI

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner